I need a movie to watch, guys, or a TV show. I feel like I've seen all the good ones. I need another great one...

I need a movie to watch, guys, or a TV show. I feel like I've seen all the good ones. I need another great one. Something really good. I have some stipulations though, if you don't mind.

Nothing before 1990. Late 80s is okay if it's super great, but anything before that the culture sort of eludes me. Yeah, I know, I'm a piece of shit.

None of quentin tarantino's films. I only liked django, and only because of that german guy whats-his-name. Not a fan of his work, you can argue about it with me if you like, the thread will get more posts and more suggestions.

NOT Reservoir Dogs, or Boondock Saints. Fuck those movies, fuck you, quit pretending to be a badass.

Help me out, Sup Forums!

Bumping with bitches.

love exposure

i fucking love ariel

Oldboy, Korean version.

I'll look into it, decent IMDB rating at 7 for a thriller looking movie. Seems like something I'm going to have to pause and jerk off for though, that's always a downer for some reason.

Ariel, 1988? Or one of the bitches I'm posting? Don't know their names.

8.4, and that definately looks interesting. I'll put it on my list.

The prestige, Memento. They're a bit out there but I thought they were good.

Its 4 hrs long. Comedy, Action, Drama, and a love story. It changes the genre of the movie as it progresses.

Fairly decent but a really long watch.

All outta bitches.

Hey, I got time. I need something to do in-between spurts of video games. My selection is getting boring and the stuff I want costs money I have to use for bills.

I saw both, I agree. They were quite good.

Ran, by Kurosawa. Okay 1985 but it's so far into the different culture zone that the disconnect with the recent past isn't a thing. Basically King Lear in Japanese feudal days. Good movie.

If you don't mind azn movies, Old Boy, The man from Nowhere, Chingu (friends), Redline (car anime. Extremely over the top)

Have you ever seen the fountain?
Its my favorite.

All of these look good, I'll put them on the list. Thanks guys.

Try whiplash. It's a drummer movie about a college student in a music school for jazz and he wants to make it big.

Sounds corny but its actually pretty intense, in the sense that the guy pushes REALLY hard to improve. Good motivational movie.

Yeah, it was good in a weird way. I LOVED the soundtrack, and the split storylines are interesting, but I found myself kinda wandering, and the endings gave me a deep kinda sadness that fucks with me for a few hours. I kinda like/dislike those movies.

OP if you havent seen MOON you neeeeeeeed to fucking watch it like right now.

Great rating, looks deep. Thanks! Just Kidding Simmons is in it too.

I've seen moon. It was the movie where I realized Sam Rockwell is a great actor.

Fresh from 1994

Fresh (Sean Nelson) is a 12-year-old drug dealer who finds himself trapped in a web of poverty, corruption and racial tension in Brooklyn, New York. When his drug-addict sister Nichole (N'Bushe Wright) starts sleeping with local drug lord Esteban (Giancarlo Esposito), Fresh calls upon the skills he learned playing chess with his alcoholic father and speed-chess champion Sam (Samuel L. Jackson)

phew. thank god. what about donnie d? one of my all time favs

TV: Gotham or The Blacklist

Movie: Warrior, Bronson

Predestination

It's a trippy movie. Not about drugs.

Hate nigs, but I'm partial to nig movies. I'll put it on the list. Plus Sam "Motherfucker" Jackson does good with serious roles.

Why did I bother. OP, yer an asshole.

/outtahere.

Series:
Brass Eye.
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
Police Squad (late 70's but amazing).

Movies:
Four Lions (English wannabe terrorists, fucking hilarious).
God Bless America.

hbo rome tv series, only 2 seasons because they spent so much money on it but the best show ever

Prestige user here. I don't know if you like fighting movies or not. But here's another I enjoyed. The wrath of Vajra. Might be your thing. Might not.

Well, about donnie d. I've seen it, and I know everyone loves it, but I just wasn't a fan. It felt too much like some kind of political statement mixed with art/american dream deal and I didn't catch all the subtle nuances they were trying to throw out there, so I dunno. I understand it's a good movie, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm a DC fan. How good is Gotham? I mean, a show set in a superhero universe without superheroes, I was just expecting a cop drama with Gordon.

It is indeed trippy, I was holy shitting a lot through that movie. Ethan Hawke is a pretty hot girl if you ask me. kek.

I said I'm partial, which means I like them. Boyz in the hood was a good movie. I don't like real life nigs, but movie nigs are portrayed as real people instead of chimps, and the struggles real-people nigs have are compelling. There are just so few real-people nigs in real life.

Damn, 8.9. That's gotta be god tier to get that rating on IMDB. I'll check it out.

Yeah, I think I heard about Four Lions. I've been meaning to check it out, but I get moody with movies sometimes and put it off.

Fighting movies are okay, but they need to have a lot of plot to make them something more than just a bunch of choreographed fight scenes spliced together.

I felt the same about Gotham till I watched it. Holy fuck its good. 1 season feels like a whole series. would bang catwoman

Ip man is a good fighting movie.

Everyone would bang catwoman, no matter how bad the art is or who the actress is. Too bad her character personality is always set to 'shrewd teasing bitch'. Otherwise I'd break down and become a weaboo just to waifu that sextress.

My favorite movie is Gladiator. The BBC show Merlin was god tier

OH yeah. Seen all 3, fantastic.

She is much more in gotham, especially season 2. Since she is young. WATCH IT. i got addicted

I saw Gladiator. Pretty good.

I really liked the first, got bored of the second about halfway through

Watch Silicon Valley. its an HBO series and its fucking gold. there are like 3 seasons. BTW I hate you for your racial views and your lack of interest in Tarantino films, Boondock Saints, and anything pre 1990. How the fuck are you going to just write off anything before 1990?

Sounds good m8.

Meh, I liked all three. There's a fourth technically, called Grandmaster.

house md

Because I was born in 94 and when it gets too old I just loose interest in the cinematography and writing. I just don't register as well with the social interactions, only a couple movies from 80s didn't make me feel that way. Blame my generation, or hip hop, or whatever. Always grew up watching 90s and 2000s movies with dad is all.

I saw a couple tarantino films, they all seem like they could be replaced by a 5 minute video of quentin staring in a mirror at himself while jacking off with someone's blood and guts. Don't forget the weird music played over top.

As for Boondock Saints, I've seen it. It's a comedy satire that takes itself WAYYY too seriously, and every douchebag fuck that I've ever met just fucking LOOOOVVVVVEEESSS those two movies. It's a bad mix, there, boyo.

And niggers are niggers. I've met one or two cool ones but the rest are fucking chimps. You've seen the news. Stop being so fucking PC and eating what the media and tumblr feed you.

Heh.

Thanks for all the posts, guys. Appreciate the tips!