So aside from water chemistry calculations, why aren't you using the best temperature scale in existance, Fahrenheit?

So aside from water chemistry calculations, why aren't you using the best temperature scale in existance, Fahrenheit?
Degrees of it are like a % of how close the weather is to hot or cold
0% of people are comfy at 0°F (if you're naked ), 50% would be OK with 50°F weather (that's shorts and a t-shirt weather in Michigan) and 100% of people would be perfectly fine in 100°F weather (sunburn protection notwithstanding)

Fahrenheit is the perfect colloquial temperature scale to use(more degrees in the liveable temperature range, you never see a messy decimal in Fahrenheit temps), the only thing stopping it is ignorance

I've been to 100C a number of times and I'm not dead.yet.

There goes your shit system. Bye!

-50 C is really cold.
+50 C is really hot.

0 F is pretty comfy if you`re not naked.

>American "system"

no thanks

I'll just leave this here.

fahrensharts

Only americans use it, that's why I Prefer celsius. You can take your miles, pounds, psi, farenheit, inches and sink them in your ass.

irrational, rude and incomprehensible
just like the current american president-elect :^)

Wow, who would've guessed that an Americant would react like a juvenile shit. Really boggles the mind.

At 0C water freezes, and at 100C, it evaporates.

You know that, right? You think it's less logical than fahrenheit?

>not knowing both

here's how to remember it OP
0 to 10 cold (aprox 30s and 40s in freedom degrees)
between 10 and 20= cool (50s to mid 60s)
20 degree= perfect (mid to high 60s)
between 20 and 30 = warm (70s, 80s)
30 to 40 = hot (90s)

just guessed on the fahrenheight numbers but should be pretty acurate (lived in the states for a year)

anything outside that range is fucking uncomfortable

>not knowing both
>just guessed on the fahrenheight numbers
well played dumbass

We're familiar with Celsius and don't need to think in terms of percent comfort. We don't need your idiotic system.

>100C nice and hot sauna
>25C nice and hot summer day
>0C freezing point of water at 1 atm
>-25C nice and cold winter day
>-100C nice and cold cryotherapy

read OPs post he says it is logical based on water chemistry

f is more logical based on humans desu

what i mean is that i didn't calculate them.

it's like being fluent in a foreign language. you dont translate the two, you know them both separately but can make decent approximations as to how it would translate

>0 to 10 cold you should probably wear sneakers instead of sandals at this point
>between 10 and 20= perfect summer
>between 20 and 30 = hot
>30 to 40 = better stay inside if you don't want to be fried

Except these are precise measuring units with a mathematical relationship

Checked

nice damage control, but if you're fluent you don't think about approximations, you consistently use the right vocabulary without giving it any thought

>f is more logical based on humans desu
How? It's just that Americans are more used to it, Celsius makes as much sense and is much easier to convert to Kelvin when needed

when would you possibly need to convert to kelvin in normal life?

kek once it gets below 20 here everyone breaks out their heavy coats
yeah but the formula is retarded, if you want to do the math in your head, fine.
>being this autistic
m8 im just saying i dont convert my speech precisely when i speak english, its a different set of information. i dont know why this is bothering you so much

You wouldn't. What practical use does Fahrenheit have over Celsius?

it's pointless to argue over but fahrenheit has a wider range of temperatures which is optimal for comfort

it keeps the people with an iq equal to the ambient temperature calm enough so they wont go burning the other ones for witchcraft

Fahrenheit is more precise than celsius

example 70 f = 21.1111111 c
75 = 23.8888
etc

i don't think you have the slightest idea of what precision means

I don't get how that's a plus. It makes much more sense that water freezes at 0 and boils at 100

You Americans boast that Fahrenheit is better suited for the average man and you claim it's more precise? There's no need for that much precision in real life, and even then scientist can just add decimals if they really want to achieve the same result.

So... If I were to create my own unit that's essentially really cold winter = 0° and really hot summer = 100000°, it would become the objectively best unit, since there's a lot of range.
Interesting reasoning

At 0F seawater freezes
100F is 'human body temp' or it was when the scale was made. Temperature reading has gotten better

>in america
"what's the temperature?" "it's 87 degrees"
>rest of the world
"what's the temperature?" "it's 30.5556 degrees"

literally taking more than twice as long to give the correct temperature

>What is rounding up
Even scientists do it all the time, stop defending a German temperature measurement you got from being an English colony that nobody but Americans use it nowadays.

>what is rounding up
the incorrect temperature João
>even scientists do it
enjoy having the wrong temperatures in your measurements dumbass

what a nice piece of shit "argument" you pulled out of your ass

if you calculate from .0 it would be rounded up to 31 because 1) the accuracy of measurement was not .00001 degrees AND 2) degrees C are not given in floating point unless it's some kind of really precise measuring and even then the inherent lack of precision rounds units up

and lastly: it is actually the case in scientific computation that SI (or metric) is preferred because it can be done with integer arithmetic unlike imperial which is a load of bullshit for the plebs

tl;dr you sir are a retard

my favorite thing about fahrenheit is seeing how butthurt it makes some people. its a nice fuck you to all the people that feel like they have to conform to some global standard

that's great and i like celsius. but water temperature is irrelevant in terms of human comfort
diminishing returns

yes, but its also less accurate, and less useful for YOU
think sigfigs

>>not knowing both
>implying I dont
op here, made this thread right before walking into my Thermodynamics III course today, I think I know them both ok

it just seems odd that people would prefer the one thats less precise for common everyday use

then again we still use miles and feet

9/5's is a messy fraction for doing mental math tho

>i don't think you have the slightest idea of what precision means
>>implying

whats more important information when you watch the weather on the news, whats going to happen to your lab experiments you left out in the open in the backyard? or how much clothes you need to put on before you go to work in the morning?
if the slight changes were noticeable enough, then yes you could argue that
you would waste a lot of watts and or ink printing out all those extra numbers though

>>What is rounding up
>Even scientists do it all the time
they follow a standard set of rules when they do so, they dont do it for neatness or convenience

>100 gayhrenheit is 37.7778 celsius (lol so random)
>212 gayhrenheit is 100 celsius (water boiling)
>literally based on just some guy going "wew lad this is pretty warm i'll base an entire measurement with this arbitrary temperature because i felt like it!"

fahrenheit is silly because the freezing point of water is just some rando number. you'd think marking that would be pretty important when it comes to weather.

>my favorite thing about fahrenheit is seeing how butthurt it makes some people. its a nice fuck you to all the people that feel like they have to conform to some global standard
agreed, or use the rankine for maximum ass devastation

knowing both is always of course always the best answer, but it always irks me when people who've never even boiled water brag about how "superior" celcius is, when their argument for its usefulness is that "people smarter than me told me its better, so therefore it is"

damn, spainiard is on point today

>9/5's is a messy fraction for doing mental math tho
Then either round it to a half if precision is not important, or get rid of the need to do the math entirely by completely leaving behind one of those units. I propose Fahrenheit, since there are far fewer countries using it :^)
The entire celsius vs Fahrenheit boils down to "my reference point is better than yours", which is absolutely subjective.

>you would waste a lot of watts and or ink printing out all those extra numbers though
And Fahrenheit tends to have 2 digits when celsius needs 1, or 3 when celcius uses 2. Checkmate atheists

>people who've never even boiled water
Huh? How's that possible?

>-100C
>criotherapy
i think you are talking about cryonics

just remember 32f is when water freezes and your golden

(-10f or -20f is when deisel/some gasoline engines wont start, another useful little number to know)

0F is a good warning sign to protect yo skin, pic related

as in precisely boiling something, not stovetop

do you honestly use a thermometer to measure the temp of your boiling pot of water every time you cook spaghetti?

pic related, youre either being obtuse for obtuseness's sake, or you need to go back to school, pic marginally related

I'm just giving this pointless argument the reasoning it deserves

>yes, but its also less accurate, and less useful for YOU
>+1F
Really cold
>-1F
Really cold

>+1C
Pretty cold
>-1C
Better get winter tires

>99F
Pretty hot
>100F
Pretty hot

>99C
Kettle not yet boiling
>100C
Kettle is boiling

Touché

>Kettle is boiling
How often do you boil water by setting a put outside? How is that useful for everyday use?

>European non-arguments

I boil water way more regularly than it is 100F over here.

10 and under - fucking cold
15 cold
20 cool
30 noice
35 hot
40 fucken hot
44+ cunt's fucked

but instead of getting rid of celsius, I'm wondering why more nations dont use a second temperature scale for everyday use, thats less clunky and awkward
your rational for using celsius only is the exact same argument someone advocating everyone just speak english instead of (insert your home countries language here)

Why do foreigners dismiss a better way of expressing temp in everyday conversation?
You're reveling in your ignorance, bragging about how stupid you are, instead of gaining new insight from a new perspective

Because there's nothing wrong with using Celsius for outside temperatures. As showed it gives a pretty good range of temperatures with 0C being a definite inflection point in weather and environment.
And what's the point of using two scales if one will do?

>Because there's nothing wrong with using Celsius for outside temperatures. As showed
but there is, as showed, you never discuss weather in the 50's, 60's 70's 80's or 90's
your first digit is wasted, you deprive yourself precision for the sake of laziness

>your first digit is wasted, you deprive yourself precision for the sake of laziness
The difference of 1C isn't really noticeable + as I said you don't just use Celsius for measuring outside temps. As a homebrewer who has to regularly works in the 50C-80C temperature range I'm quite happy I don't have to deal with Fahrenheit for that.
Plus converting between Celsius and Fahrenheit in your head is downright impossible. I had no problem developing a feeling for ounces, pounds, inches, quarts etc. but Fahrenheit is just weird.

0º it snows water is frozen
10º it doesnt snow but it's really cold
20º good
30º it's really hot
40º morocco
50º holy shit desert fucking hoven in here
60º actual hoven you can't actually live here
70º - 90º like don't live here
100º water evaporates and turns into gas that's how fucking hot it is i told not to go here

>people who respond to this autism
why

I laughed. Fuck the stuck up euros pretending this isn't kek worthy.

But you just did