What went went wrong?

What went went wrong?

everything after Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites was average-crap and he dropped off the map.

Fuck i cant belive its been almost 6 years.

i remember hating his stuff at the time but its aged pretty damn well

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cuyKeH8rYOg
youtube.com/watch?v=1a4C_SxvITk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Skrillex joined the Alt Right. the White Genocide PC cucks at Festivals won't even book him anymore

wtf are you talking about? his old music has aged horribly as has all brostep. hes gotten progressively better ever since. have you even heard anything from him in the past 2 years

wtf i love skrillex now!

I meant in the public eye?

I always thought he ripped of Deadmau5

But hay he hates justin bieber and Diplo so cant stay mad at him

But jumping off the brostep bandwagon was the smartest move he could've made, even if he was largely responsible for it - that entire scene is an inherently irrelevant laughing stock of embarrassingly homogeneous unlistenable garbage now.

Producing the whole Jack U project with Diplo isn't exactly what I'd call dropping off the map, he was pretty much instrumental in bringing trap sounds to the EDM crowd, even if the music itself is very mediocre, trap has a lot more longevity in it than brostep ever did

you must have missed the part where he produced two of the biggest pop singles of last year

i meant as a solo artist.

Forgot about his racist rants though thats great fuck the alt left PC narrative shit they force on artists these days

I'd say he's still pretty mainstream. Without his name tracks like Purple Lamborghini and Where are U now would never have blown up like they did

honestly his work is better than ever now though. here's a collab he did recently that i like youtube.com/watch?v=cuyKeH8rYOg

is skrillex dubstep or brostep and what is brostep

oh boy

if not bait dubstep was originally closer to UK garage, atmospheric stuff, whereas brostep is basically electro house with a different bpm and le epic drop. but nowadays everyone just refers to dubstep as brostep

nowadays skrillex just makes trap though he stopped making brostep a while ago

>skrillex
>aged well
>shiggydiggy

that still sounds like skrillex to me

a bit more low key and relaxed but still has his trademark style and "drop"

youtube.com/watch?v=1a4C_SxvITk

i like the old skrillex stuff desu

How on earth would that post NOT have been bait dude

>everyone just refers to dubstep as brostep
Other way around.

Heroine was his peak

skrillex never was bad
his unique talent with synthesis is leagues better than whatever bullshit drone music that Sup Forums fawns over and forgets about month to month

His best tracks were all just Justice clones though

Uh, his work went down hill when he left Deadmau5's label and Jon Gooch stopped ghosting his tracks for him.

>Generic Punk/Baroque
Couldnt be more 2000's if it tried his voice is fucking aweful.

he left FFTL

vocal chord damage ruined him

OP BTFO at every corner

75% RL Grime, 25% Skrillex, 0% Chris, 100% of Harley's stolen work.

>he was pretty much instrumental in bringing trap sounds to the EDM crowd
Wholly untrue btw

I think Skillex is one of the most malleable pop musicians to reach mainstream attention.

He did post-hardcore pretty damn well with From First to Last. He did electro-pop well as Sonny. Then he made Scary Monsters, which I find to be a curious cultural anomaly. I'm sure you're all well aware that he supposedly made it when he was down on his luck with only one working monitor.

How someone could make one of the most organic, genre-pioneering brostep albums with only one functional speaker is beyond me. In fact, that piece of trivia alone most likely indicates that the album was ghost-procudeced by one of his mu5trap labelmates. Regardless, this doesn't defeat the cultural importance of the album. The early 2010s were defined by the sound the album conveyed. From top to bottom, it's a solid album. Even Fantano praised it. It seamlessly hybridizes the metal stylings of post-hardcore with the danceable sensibilities of EDM. It's an underrated musical landmark of an album. Nobody wants to publicly praise Scary Monsters because brostep has become so culturally taboo but it's actually more rock 'n' roll of an album than most rock 'n' roll albums have been in the past decade or so.