Post the album that got you into music...

Post the album that got you into music. Looking for ideas of albums to show my younger brother that are pretty accessible but also great.

Pic related was mine. I've listened so many times I can recite every lyric on it by heart. I kind of grew out of it though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Xic5LfFNVc
youtube.com/watch?v=AYD6ufPfa-M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you me?

One of the bands that got me into listening to more music was Streetlight Manifesto. A couple of the early albums I remember gettting into were Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, and Oh, Inverted World. I had a hard time understanding the appeal for The Moon and Antartica. It was one of the first albums that got me into music that had more substance.

funny thats the album that got me out of music

Ok computer would probably work pretty well. Everyone I know loves Karma Police and OKC is a pretty great album

Yeah that was one of my early ones too. But honestly idk why but originally it took me a while to get the appeal of it. I kind of want something where on the first listen he can just go "this is great" if you know what I mean

I got into music through high drama classical music (Dvorak, Shostakovich, Rachmaninoff, etc) but my first foray into popular music was Kid A. It only took 4 notes and a chord for me to fall in love.

mine was either this or Ratatat - Classics

I got into music cause I had one of the bullshit "indie radio" stations on Google Play Music while I was doing chores.

The song was One Touch and I immediately fell in love. I started to look into LCDS which got me looking into more music which led me to /r/indieheads and eventually here.

>tfw the first time you heard your favorite band you were in your backyard picking up dogshit with a plastic bag

Only listened to music as background noise. This album was the first album that taught me to listen with an active ear

i don't really listen to Muse anymore but ca. 9th grade it got me to branch out and refine my taste and got me into playing guitar. also seeing them live is fun. i revisit pic related and origin of symmetry every now and then

once this clicked I really started getting into music.

pet sounds
opened every door for me

Thinking about one of these, although contemplating if Sound of Silver would be the better LCD pick

LCDS guy here, I think Sound of Silver is by far the better album. This Is Happening is what got me into them though.

Just play him this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=-Xic5LfFNVc

Let him grow from there.

I'll be that guy. I've heard the hits forever but I somehow listened to Polly and it sounded nothing like any radio song I'd heard before. I figured that if a song this good couldn't make it to the radio (my only source of music) than I wonder what an album would be like. The rest is history

My younger brother is also just starting to get into music, he likes the strokes and arctic monkeys. I used to play it to him a lot, but he's only now at the age where he wants to listen to it himself.

also how old is your brother, because if he is past 14 and not into music yet he will probably never be.

It was the first album I've ever listened to from beginning to end.

He is twelve, turning thirteen, so I still have time. Right now the albums I'll send to him are

>Is This It
>Sound of Silver
>MPP
>Funeral
>Pet Sounds

I'm thinking of maybe putting some more accessible thrash on it too, like Rust in Peace or something. Basically, anyone can get that album so maybe I'll end it their way too

Beautiful resume.

Replace MPP with something else. Maybe OKC or Lonerism.

13 year old me heard this and just fell in deep love. I might be a fag, but those experiences were definitely unique.

your not a fag user yr just human

Wow, thanks, it's good to hear that. Who would've guessed?

when I was 13 I enjoy a lot They might be giants, nirvana and weezer.
something by the beatles, maybe some arctic monkeys first albums, They are catchy as hell knows. this is it is a great rock album.

Also, just for asking, what is your appeal to make he listen to more music?

the first band i got into was green day, but nowadays i never listen to them

Unironically hot n cold by katy perry when I was 11.

Looking back it probably had to do more with her tits than the music but whatever.

Maybe something by Pink Floyd. I think I started with some songs by the Beatles and Queen, then actually first listened to a full Pink Floyd album. Probably Dark Side of the Moon.

I remember listening to this with a pair of earbuds I found at school, plugged into a CD player alarm clock. It expanded my 10 y/o mind.

1996, 4 years old

I know that this its from GKMC, but I downloaded the album version of Swimming Pools on one of those illicit apps and started freaking out. I couldn't tell it was an act or anything, right? What happened to his brother?! Who the fuck are these other people? Didn't listen to the whole album until like a few months later, my girlfriend got me into it. Lol, when I was arguing how much stronger he is as a rapper compared to Eminem she said she'd created a monster.

She'd probably be good to take another listen to Swimming Pools. We broke up over her alcholism, she wanted liquor more than me. Kinda sad, I guess.

Is her favorite band of all time, lol

Lots of trash up in here. Make him listen to the fishmans

this is a gateway to so many different genres

>the fishmans

Epic post

youtube.com/watch?v=AYD6ufPfa-M
Crazy Homeless Guys

got me into music, goes hard, goes strong all the way through, 10 bangers, no more no less

Walls of America - Geogaddi

i'm a fucking weirdo though, it depends on what your bro already listens to

Not what got me into music, but my fucking nigga

Deloused In The Comatorium, but maybe it won't work for everyone

Just make sure of deleting John Crawford and he may be into it by Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Alanis Morisette & Tracy Chapman as a 6 y/o

i think this.
still one of my all time favourites.

Abbey Road, I think it was the fading between songs that got me to really take notice of the actual music.

this album came out this year but it's a good entry lvl indie rock album that's accessible

Nirvana's Bleach

im seconding weezer too

This got me on YouTube looking up their other stuff which got me into thrash metal which got me into death metal when I was in 8th-9th grade.

Ironically enough I don't listen to metal anymore. I listen to stuff like Bonobo, Jon Hopkins, Four Tet ,Deadmau5 (unironically) and lots of hip hop.

This is probably the first 'real' album that I ever got into as well.

No jokes, the ryo fukui album has 1M views on youtube. Meme magic is becoming real guys

We can do it with fishmans to

muse - origin of symmetry

This album got me into Korn, which got me into nu metal, which got me into metal. I'm about to post the album that got me into music as a whole.

And this is the album that truly broadened my tastes.

These and Filosofem by Burzum turned me from a metal autist into a Sup Forumscore autist.

Well damn

TYBK