Unique-Sounding Albums

What are some albums that are almost or completely unique in how they sound? I listened to pic related again and I really can't think of anything that sounds like it other than Seadrum and some of the Super Roots EPs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vv9G3I1FkuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haven't heard anything else like it, even though I hope to God it isn't true. Such a great concept that falters a bit on the execution side.

not that

ringa shingos cummy album

Big Black's sound is almost impossible to replicate, right down to the way their guitars are tuned. The strumming on Kerosene is insane.

Dan Deacon.

It's not really that unique

Yes it is

Haven't really seen anyone in the post-punk nor dub scene ever try to do what this album did. PiL's Flowers Of Romance takes a similar approach, but its far more on the percussive side.

Fuck Buttons have a similar sound, but with everything more electronic.

I know some Stereolab albums do a similar concept, and so did USA on their s/t.

The strumming on Kerosene is copied a lot by post-hardcore bands what are you talking about? Otherwise they do sound quite a bit like other bands that do the post-hardcore/noise rock combo, though that's no detriment of Big Black since they probably played a huge part in influencing those bands.

Any music that is good and not pandering attempts to transcend it's genre and restrictions somehow. Therefore any "good" album sounds unique.

Truthfully, I feel like Boredoms is a slugfest of noise and aimless wankery. But to each their own. If it's unique to you, that's great. The search continues!

Really digging USA, thanks famalam

I'm sure there are other things that sound like it, but the mix of harsh noise, childlike playfulness, weirdly skeletal synths and brushed drums feels pretty unique to me

pretty much all of his albums sound like that

Hymie's Basement and Why?

also, pretty much everyone on anticon

which ones?? it's a long way away from his earlier jazzy stuff, very distinct from the albums on either side in that trilogy, nothing much like it in his later work either.

you'll find the same ideas approached from different angles over and over again in different *songs* of his, but pretty much every Tom Waits album has its own unique sound and mood as a whole

Yoni barely even raps on those, and his sound is nothing like the production of clouddead.

buck 65 - square is the closest thing ive found, but he was also on anticon for a bit

It's just Howlin' Wolf with quirky circus instrumentation

have you listened to any of his other albums. take it in context

>what is cloud rap

this is

definitely not that record

GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=vv9G3I1FkuI

my fucking farts you faggot
kys yourself

This is just as valid as posting some Clash album, I hate when people mistake variety as experimentation...individually, all the songs are just great pop tunes in different styles, same as London Calling or Sandininista!

I mean there's a whole network of artists tied to the same ideas as the Pop Group but Y is certainly more chaotic than them and less focused on the reggae/dub