Tfw Hans Zimmer did a better job of creating memorable themes for DC characters in 2 movies than Marvel could do in 13

>tfw Hans Zimmer did a better job of creating memorable themes for DC characters in 2 movies than Marvel could do in 13
>tfw MCU's music is as forgettable as their """villains"""

With all that budget, you'd think they could pay a competent composer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
youtube.com/watch?v=HVJGh51wR7k
youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU
youtube.com/watch?v=LgtisIQtcqg
youtube.com/watch?v=DDSDloAcxAM
youtube.com/watch?v=rD5wQROo_bs
youtube.com/watch?v=4rp1V9nCyHs
youtube.com/watch?v=qzlwriXWMNk
youtu.be/4XJ07onCqAs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZF9wnw7fGQo
youtube.com/watch?v=1oiG8KmKpqo
youtube.com/watch?v=A6KoiKKvbc0
youtube.com/watch?v=TG9-j3eevL4
youtu.be/I9PhfUsFvj0?t=1m22s
youtube.com/watch?v=I9PhfUsFvj0
youtube.com/watch?v=CSqJi0GuGFk
youtube.com/watch?v=SuxCmC9GRqc
youtube.com/watch?v=KIhX1OAI5XM
youtube.com/watch?v=1ccey7IJLCM
youtube.com/watch?v=7jpnBs0DkXg
youtube.com/watch?v=3JThPsJvEDg
youtube.com/watch?v=WYr0U8lY7U0
youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America:_The_Winter_Soldier_(soundtrack)#Reception
youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc
youtube.com/watch?v=oH3Ium5f2IE
youtube.com/watch?v=SMSc2W2aNG4
youtu.be/yGLEcUblU1o
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU
youtube.com/watch?v=LN3OLxHTq98
youtube.com/watch?v=N1d8Lylko-c
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=KIhX1OAI5XM
youtube.com/watch?v=LaxqxfpSzMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BHyO8ztfE8k
youtube.com/watch?v=oXnAxydhZ8M&ab_channel=BobSaget
youtu.be/j62mrjvTGrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1waJKUA2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Daily reminder that posts like these aren't made by marvel or DC fans but by capeconsole war cucks from Sup Forums

Marvel movies are glorified TV movies.

Zimmer gave us that fucking BRRRRRRRM thing and it's never gone away since.

Fuck him.

I barely remember anything Hans Zimmer wrote. He relies on gimmicks and has never actually done something profound like people claim.

say you're sorry
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

Actually it was Junkie XL the one that made it.
youtube.com/watch?v=HVJGh51wR7k

Zimmer is the only reason DC is relevant. He carried their asses on his back bruh.

>incoherent ambient sound
>an actual theme
pick one

I remember when superhero music was music.
youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU

>these people are allowed to post on Sup Forums

>incoherent ambient sound
Man, it's not like that shit happened earlier.
youtube.com/watch?v=LgtisIQtcqg

I feel like there's that one Captain America flourish that crops up in every movie he's in, but that's hardly good enough.

Who is Marvel gonna get, though? Danny Elfman?

youtube.com/watch?v=DDSDloAcxAM

The closest Marvel ever got to a decent score was this:
youtube.com/watch?v=4rp1V9nCyHs

youtube.com/watch?v=qzlwriXWMNk

Marvel's scores HAVE been very miss. But there's been some good ones. Cap 1, Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1 and 3.

I can't remember a single damn thing from BvS, but I can remember a good bit from MoS.

youtu.be/4XJ07onCqAs

Take that back

Iron Man and Cap had good scores.
Also this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZF9wnw7fGQo
youtube.com/watch?v=1oiG8KmKpqo
youtube.com/watch?v=A6KoiKKvbc0

pls stop

youtube.com/watch?v=TG9-j3eevL4

Thought not great films, the first and third Iron Man movies had pretty great themes IMO

youtu.be/I9PhfUsFvj0?t=1m22s
youtu.be/4XJ07onCqAs

Eh
youtube.com/watch?v=I9PhfUsFvj0

You misspelled Danny Elfman.

youtube.com/watch?v=CSqJi0GuGFk

>1:05

so good

I agree that very little of Marvel's OST have anything memorable, but the Avengers theme from the first movie is fine, and Driving The Top Down from Iron Man is a great one. By far their best 8 years later

This was the best part of the Civil War soundtrack

AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING INCLUDE IT ON THE ALBUM.

>Zimmer
>Good
Faggot

Can't say I remember it, are there any "unofficial" rips?

doyle
youtube.com/watch?v=SuxCmC9GRqc

For all it's flaws, AoU had a god-tier main theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=KIhX1OAI5XM

All I remember from that moment is how every female in my theater became jelly.

>BvS was so bad it turned Hans Zimmer away from capeshit forever
BRAVO SNYDER

youtube.com/watch?v=1ccey7IJLCM

Damn, how can anyone say this isn't capekino?

Because a good soundtrack doesn't save it from a retarded script and dialogue.

>mfw you can hear a little but if this theme In Age of Ultron when Tony suits up the Hulkbuster

This.
I remember that moment where they show the Avengers fighting in a circle in AoU the theme sounded almost like the Spiderman one.
Really hope they bring back Elfman for Infinity War.

I can't remember a single theme from MoS or BvS.
I remember the Avengers theme.

That was 18 years ago. He just dicks around with his scores now.

This, he's like Bryan Tyler now.
All his songs have tunes that are literally taken from another soundtracks.
I seriously doubt he'll ever do something as memorable as the PotC theme.

Batman V Superman soundtrack was so meh.

youtube.com/watch?v=7jpnBs0DkXg
>tfw they didn't use this theme is Civil War
Henry why?

This must be b8. I only saw BvS once in theaters and the one big thing that stuck with me was the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=3JThPsJvEDg

youtube.com/watch?v=WYr0U8lY7U0

git
fucking
gud

>the PotC theme
So goddamn good

>mfw henry jackman completely shit the bed with Civil War after what he churned out for Winter Soldier and X-Men First Class

move out of the way plebs, superior score coming your way
youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M

They used soundbites of that theme.

Critics fucked him up with the TWS ost, calling him a "Zimmer ripoff" and for not topping Silvestri, that's why he choosed a more orchestal theme for CW.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America:_The_Winter_Soldier_(soundtrack)#Reception

I do enjoy this theme, but I'm suddenly thinking back to one of the trailers and how it incorporated an "epic LOTR orchestra and choir" style composition to accompany a guy who turns small. It's like it was saying "THIS is the film that will defy history, even though we got rid of the original director/the only thing that would have made this film worth seeing".

I don't think this is true for a lot of them but it's definitely true for Ant Man and Civil War. The way they were shot and the cgi was kickstarter tier.

avengers theme is pretty godlike

youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc

>Having "memorable themes" makes up for making a dogshit, offensively, mind-bogglingly, bad movie.
Almost every creative narrative decision is bafflingly ill-advised, self-important, and fundamentally stupid... but the new theme for Batman is almost as good as his last movie theme. So... you know.

>Doesn't matter that most of the movie's "score" is random background noise behind monologuing asshole characters.
>Doesn't matter that the "score" is totally disjointed and awkward as the movie belligerently cuts between 4 detached narratives with their own different musical cues for the first 2 acts.
>Doesn't matter that the Doomsday theme is just belligerent, distractingly busy noise.
>Doesn't matter that the Wonder-Woman/JLA tease theme is fucking score-ruiningly goddamn terrible and completely different tonally than any other music cues in the movie, further highlighting how awkwardly her scenes fit into the movie.
>Doesn't matter that Superman's musical theme during his hero montage basically reinforces nobody's narrative. Instead of being powerful or imposing, to highlight Lex and Batman's fear of Superman's strength, it's soft-spoken and depressing.
It's the music that accompanies a montage that covers like 90% of Superman's character exposition, and it's fucking somber and sleepy. The most character-crucial sequence in the movie for one of the title characters, the character is FUCKING SUPER MAN, and the character is saving people, and the music and acting suggest that he's fucking miserable. He's saving people's lives to music that would be better suited in a montage of sad shelter pets.

Who gives a shit about Marvel? Much less their competent, movie-servicing, theme-reinforcing, ultimately forgettable music. Having more "memorable," distracting music than like Ant-Man or Thor doesn't make BvS any less of a disaster.

>1:05 onwards

makes me want to be something worthwhile in life

hearing this during the airport scene was fucking awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=oH3Ium5f2IE

>tfw actually put this much time into pouring your salty heart out into a post
wew lad

Those are both mediocre. I don't remember them at all.
The Avengers theme is 10/10
Elfman > Zimmer

>this theme will be put in again when infinity wars hits

unnf

>Maybe if they spent more time writing a cohesive plot and less time writing some cute little sing-songs than they'd actually have a good movie

I hate WW's theme actually. And Lex Luthor's theme was shit too.

winter soldier is an excellent score. fuck no, it's not easy listening, but it's very much like terminator 2. i can remember everything on screen as the score plays. perfectly complimentary.

I really liked this

youtube.com/watch?v=SMSc2W2aNG4

I did like WW's theme on it's own but in the movie it was just far too silly.
"in a film with a god dressed in spandex and a guy who dresses up as a bat?"

youtu.be/yGLEcUblU1o

The antman theme is catchy a fuck, but off the top of my head is the only marvel theme tune I can remember....

A few from MoS and BvS really stick with me though

Don't know which soundtrack is, but props to the one who made that track that plays in the ''IS SHE WITH YOU'' scene for making the most out of place soundtrack in all of capeshit.

MoS & BvS are the only 2 capeshit movies I've actually bothered downloading the soundtrack for... truly great music.

Shame Zimmer's not sicking for Justice League though... hopefully Junkie XL gathered enough from him on BvS to carry on successfully.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU

>a retarded script and dialogue.

Wouldn't say it's salty. I love BvS. It's maybe the most fantastically fucked movie ever. It will be studied for years to come. You can learn a whole lot more from movies that get things wrong, and BvS gets almost everything wrong. It's like a bizarro Batman and Superman movie. It's like someone was riffing about what would be the stupidest shit to see in a movie where Batman fights Superman.

>What if, hear me out, what if the Senator that has no reason to be in the movie says an awkward, cringey metaphor about calling a mason jar full of piss "granny's peach tea." And, now hear me out, later in the movie, the Senator, in the middle of a speech in a senate hearing, but before anything actually interesting happens in the "superman goes to court" premise, suddenly notices that there's A MASON JAR FULL OF PISS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER, AND IT'S LABELED "GRANNIES PEACH TEA." She got got. All because she rejected the villain's trade bill to import the mineral he had already smuggled in. And, now hear me out seriously this is the best part, right when she realizes she's been bamboozled by the villain, A FUCKING CRIPPLED DISASTER VICTIM'S WHEELCHAIR EXPLODES, KILLING EVERYONE IN THE BUILDING, WHILE SUPERMAN FUCKING SITS THERE LOOKING SAD. And here's the kicker: In spite of the fact that the person that exploded was a vocal critic of Superman that had more-or-less publicly sworn vengeance against him, NANCY GRACE BLAMES SUPERMAN FOR IT!

>Trust me, Debbie. Plebs will call it Kino.

Are mad DCucks going to force the ''i-if you don't like Snydertrash you are a p-pleb...''?
Seriously, not enough with 3 fucking years of damage control, we are going to have to endure this shit with every DC failure?

>unironically hating on lord Snyder

>saying shit like "lord Snyder," ironically or not

you lost me at DUDE FALLACIOUS NITPICKING LMAO

I'm not even the user you're replying to and I can taste the second hand saltiness, calm down bud.

>And here's the kicker: In spite of the fact that the person that exploded was a vocal critic of Superman that had more-or-less publicly sworn vengeance against him, NANCY GRACE BLAMES SUPERMAN FOR IT!

This happened irl with Charlie Hebdo.

I'm not even gonna bother reposting the cinematic IQ pasta. Words aren't needed.

youtube.com/watch?v=LN3OLxHTq98

youtube.com/watch?v=N1d8Lylko-c

>point out inherent self-serious silliness of entire second act and fundamental turning point of the movie
>DUDE FALLACIOUS NITPICKING LMAO
Fallacy fallacy, friend.
>calm down bud.
Calmer than you are dude.
No it didn't. Charlie Hebdo wasn't exploded by a wheelchair that a disgruntled cripple was sitting in. Nobody blamed Charlie Hebdo on a space alien named Superman that everyone thought was God for some reason. There were zero mason jars of ironically-labeled piss involved in the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

Thank you for Elfman.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=KIhX1OAI5XM

>I'm not even gonna bother reposting the cinematic IQ pasta.
Why do DCucks get this autistic over their failed movies?
You are not going to convince anyone.

>youtube.com/watch?v=DDSDloAcxAM [Remove]
This is actually legitimately good.

>youtube.com/watch?v=rD5wQROo_bs
This is shit. What the fuck were they doing, trying to make a Joker theme for Lex Luthor?

this tbphwymnbff

this is still pretty great
youtube.com/watch?v=LaxqxfpSzMQ

This one is the best Marvel theme
youtube.com/watch?v=BHyO8ztfE8k

>No it didn't. Charlie Hebdo wasn't exploded by a wheelchair that a disgruntled cripple was sitting in. Nobody blamed Charlie Hebdo on a space alien named Superman that everyone thought was God for some reason. There were zero mason jars of ironically-labeled piss involved in the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

You're either autistic or unfunny.

>not Age of Ultron's

>the villain's theme is the hero's theme that was just reversed and fucked up
Wow used all your creativity on that one didn't you Hans.

That first part and its variants always makes me feel all warm inside.

>implying it's either/or.

The Batman theme in BvS is GOAT

But the the score in Man of Steel is bland as fuck.

This, I can't remember a single musical piece from their movies.

I sort of agree. I think Zimmer is only barely a step up, as he is boring musically by bringing in a lot of motifs from previous work.

>comparing capeshit to arthouse cinema
You just jumped the shark just like your Marvel movies.

>guardians of the galaxy

this theme was god tier
Civil war's theme was pretty formulated tho.

holy shit this is fucking terrible. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

This is still the GOAT and while I understand not using it I still think they should since you can't improve on perfection.

stop posting the jewish skeletal

As an M.Mus, this triggered me. Learn your fucking terminology.

thats not zimmer, that's junkie xl.
as in the composer who did max max fury roads score.

To be fair, even if Zimmer makes amazing scores. A good part of them are samey.

i mean what else would you expect from the guy who made this youtube.com/watch?v=oXnAxydhZ8M&ab_channel=BobSaget

Anyone posted The red capes are coming yet?

Fuck off. Nothing in tge DCEU is memorable.

Whereas the MCU has this

youtu.be/j62mrjvTGrQ

When 10 and more musicians on youtube cover tjis theme, and with various instruments, its doing something right.

Also its Silvestri.. SILVESTRI. Aka the composer to Back to the Future.

So fuck off with your DC shilling a shit. DC stopped caring when they dropped Danny Elfman.

This one was better IMO

youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1waJKUA2s