Why didn't somebody in the studio tell them that the vocals ruined the entire album?

why didn't somebody in the studio tell them that the vocals ruined the entire album?

"Listener's error" - Steve Albini

old macdonald stepped outside

it felt good to be a farmer

Because they didn't.

Hahahahahaha
You don't mind if I save this post, do you?

because nobody in the studio was fucking retarded

the only bad thing about this album is the mixing of the vocals. Its just too soft.

The spoken word portions are great, while the singing is subpar.

probably would've been nicer if the sung vocals had some more contrasting dynamics against the rest of the band, as it is it's nice enough but doesn't hold up at all to the rest of the music

I feel this way about Drive Like Jehu

They didn't, you're just a faggot

I think they are pretty perfect. Thought they were to quiet first but then stepped outside and took a slient walk in the autumn night while listening through the whole album pretty loud and it was perfect.

So listen to in i a cold dark outside area alone and really loud to get the full experince.

they should have spoken the gorilla warfare pasta over it

Because that's your opinion you donkey.

Introspective in all of its elusive power, Spiderland is a philosophical triumph.

hum, not sure
washer sounds far more human and real when sung by someone who can barely sing other than in shouts and whispers
its very naked and vulnerable like the song

slint is a band for teenage losers who have no imagination outside their parents basement...

HEY no no no not at all

You meant to say slint is a REALLY GOOD band for teenage losers who have no imagination outside their parents basement...

The southern accent ruins it

I stand corrected.

don stepped outside