So this is the power of the PS4?

>Warcraft makes $792 domestic
>Universal forced to build a Warcraft theme park
>Nerds bitch that it's not like the games enough

is this running on the cell engine?

So this is the power of CGI....

looks realer than real life tbqf

2003Hulklike

There is no way the movie will be as entertaining as shitposting about it is already.

I hate CGI si fucking much. Bunch of talentless hacks getting paid to ruin movies

>from the special effects team that brought you the hobbit

realer then real life

It's almost like this movie will be bad.

This is CGI in 2016.

Wow

literally no one but autist get this assblasted about cgi

his face sticks out like a sore thumb, all the live action stuff in the trailers looks really out of place next to all the CGI

This literally looks like fucking Total War: Middle Earth or something.

How shit.

The hobbits CGi was rushed, with some entire scenes being "finished" a few weeks before release.
Warcraft has been in post production for around 2 years now.

Looks like shit

looks like there on a stage with a backdrop

And it'll still look like a fucking cartoon.

>One guy in front of a green screen
>One foreground cgi
>a video game cutscene playing in the background

Movies suck

Reddit is not even bad, I think we can learn something from them.

can you do better?

No, why? It. Looks. Like. Fecal. Matter.

My friend is obsessed with WoW and he actually thinks this movie will do great. He thinks that 1: most people know about this movie (they don't) and that 2: most people will see trailers for this movie and think 'Holy fuck I need to see this movie!'.

This fuck

Talk about delusional.

Why didn't they make the fucking diablo movie first?

The WoW episode of South Park will be more entertaining than the entire movie.

well that's more true to life

>Whole army played by one person

>first 2 games has a total f 20 minutes of plot
>games main gimmick was it was different every time you played it and selling your gear on chingchong.com to fat neckbeards
The BD for warcraft will come with in game bonuses.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS PETER THINKING?

jesus it looks terrible

It would be 90 minutes of hellish carnage. Amazing.

only thing not terrible about this movie is the cg amigo

Well, don't forget the Hobbit had a high frame rate. That shit made the CGI stick out like a sore thumb.

The green screen effects are horrific.

To bad for you all the early screenings praise the CGI and effects so your last ditch effort to shitpost the quality of the effects just comes across as pathetic

you must be talking about the first trailer. they've finished compositing already and the CGI has greatly improved as you can see by the new footage

birds have been trivial to CGI since 2001.

>literal theme park of a themepark mmo
>its got a place where you can play wow

>lmao that is gonna look epic in motion you cuck
cgi always looks worse in motion because weight simulation

Warcraft could be the ugliest, most poorly shot and visually incoherent film ever made and lots of people would still defend it.

What kind of backwards logic does it take to flip half-assing something into a merit?

no matter how shit something is, someone will like it.

I'm talking about

>people shit posting the effects
>if there is one thing all the early screens say is that the cgi and effects are superb

imdb.com/title/tt0803096/board/thread/257363548?p=3

How long is it going to take for you cucks to get over that the effects are good and your just a shitter?

movie will still bomb though.

the splicing of real footage into the video game cutscenes just make the video game cutscenes look all the more ridiculous.

Even when there isn't live action to make the CGI look ridiculous, it still looks bland and uninspired.

Why are they using real humans? They look so out of place next to these prodigious, almost cartoon-like orcs. I thought humans in warcraft were supposed to be larger and musclebound supermen too?

only male humans look like mr.olympia

theres probably something about how humans didn't turn themselves into super-big-huge-meat-men until after getting their shit pushed in during the first war.

Of course we know the actual reason was warcraft started development as a warhammer video game and there isn't (wasn't) much difference in size between humans and orcs.

No humans in wow are buff but Orcs are still way bigger then them

Yea but that seems to be the same for orcs as well. In OP's pic there looks to be a female orc on the far right and she is fairly small.
Interesting; I only ever played WoW so I don't know much about the lore or early story
Yes, I remember that, but I also thought the size difference to be much smaller. Live action humans compared to those CGI orcs looks almost ridiculous.

Underrated

It's funny because the orcs in the movie are larger than in the games.
Double retarded because in-game humans are larger than normal, but film-humans are exactly normal.

So it's as if there was double the size difference between humans and orcs in the movie.

I really don't get it. I would have thought the first thing they'd try in the movie was give everything more realistic proportions, but they've also kept the ridiculously large weapons and armour.

CGI for characters or large moving models (space ships whatever) rarely ever holds up, especially with time. People gush all over films like The Jungle Book and Dawn of Planet of the Apes, but everything in those films still looks CGI and not real, it still looks like for me at least I'm watching a cartoon.

The problem is as well CGI ages incredibly poorly, I can't even watch the LOTR movies anymore because how bad the CGI looks, or the Matrix or whatever. What we think looks great today, will look fucking terrible in 10 years.

The hilarious thing is pre-CGI VFX still holds up incredibly well, go watch 2001 or Blade Runner or whatever and they still look fucking amazing. A film from 1968 has special effects that look better than most movies today.

Big CGI movies like this need to be made though to push the tech otherwise no developments will ever be made

Realer than real life kiddo

watch yourself

descent into madness-style plot with 3 basic classes as main characters

This is pre-Avatar reactions all over again. kek

The orcs faces are bringing me endless joys.

Guarantee Draka will be the true patrician's orcfu over Garona.

don't talk to me or my son ever again

Only 7 hundred dollars? That's a very conservative estimate.

>>CGI in the year 2016

Meanwhile, CGI in the year 2006

woah..

>comparing to Nazi Germany

>Doesn't realize the same exact team that worked on Davy Jones worked on the Orcs for Warcraft
>ILM and the 2 time Oscar winning VFX lead called it their best work ever
>Taking a stance on visuals off low-rez unfinished stills of CGI instead of from watching the actual movie at a theatre
This is deja vu.

still got no idea as to how they pulled that off

>>Doesn't realize the same exact team

Obviously not since the CGI is terrible this time around.
The key people obviously work elsewhere now.

it's the one creature where the weird shiny/plasticy texture that cgi gives things actually works well.

>Practical Effects in the 1980's shows a guy's stomach opening up as he puts a gun inside.
AND IT LOOKS WAY MORE FUCKING
REALISTIC THAN ANY CGI
youtube.com/watch?v=abFI9YTIW1U

I fucking hate CGI. Only real lazy people like Peter Jackson use it. This movie Videodrome proves that Practical Effects are the most realistic

>epic

spotted the pleb

you probably enjoy every capeshit release that comes out.

>CGI in The Force Awakens
Looked absolute shit.

They didn't even bother making any models

a diablo movie seems like it could be really good if done right.

will never happen though

Go watch the panel with jones and the vfx dude.

Theyx probably want to avoid the uncanny valley and also having to market it as a cartoon.
Here they can lie and say it's a live action movie.

The CGI is groundbreaking on the orcs, you guys are just being retarded about it by looking at very nitpicky stills that you will never even notice while watching it on 4k with the story and action going on.

Taking a good shot from one and a bad one from the other is also framing it to suit your narrative when its very easy to see how some other shots rival if not surpass anything from Davy Jones.

Uhh Harrison Ford would like a word.
But maybe you're right and he didn't injure himself on a 1:1 replica of the Falcon.

You are idiot.. yes they did build a falcon BUT they never flew it.. hence they should have flown a model not cgi

>this guy

>The CGI is groundbreaking on the orcs
Alright but how do close-up shots of orc hair guarantee Warcraft will be a good movie?

>doesn't realize the same exact group of people can be bored, lazy, and phoning it in
>paid special effects groups called it their biggest check ever
>shilling for an unreleased movie on a venusian opinion-sharing bulletin board

massive amounts of time dedicated that most films cant afford

>tfw this will gross half a billion in China alone

China loves WoW

So how wasn't his legs completely crushed there again?

>that sword

Must have been extremely painful.

They were just a little bit crushed. Remember how they only got a little bit poisoned by the deadly gas?

The dumbest thing is that they made the humans smaller and the orcs much bigger than in the game
Shit makes 0 sense

Awesome resolution, I want those boots though.

long live the new flesh

A lot of what makes CGI convincing is movement more than looking photo-realistic in a still (though that helps). It's why Jurassic Park still looks good despite the dinosaurs being very obvious CGI. It's why I think the new Planet of the Apes movies will hold up because of the good CGI performances, no matter how badly the CGI ages.

That Avatar on the left looks utter shit desu.

The ape is gold though