The composer for the soundtrack of a shitty japanese video game series is the greatest composer in the last 100 years

>the composer for the soundtrack of a shitty japanese video game series is the greatest composer in the last 100 years

how will Sup Forums ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GsGJKkOWHhY
youtube.com/watch?v=mHOr1Bh5e-k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Yamamoto_(composer_born_1964)
youtube.com/watch?v=wz_NK5HgR6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=JpR2fmDs7xA
youtube.com/watch?v=VYUuCN3A0K0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Yamamoto_(composer_born_1958)
youtube.com/watch?v=jk1BIMTgBvE
youtu.be/QFvt2cNSOaM
youtube.com/watch?v=RqZaFDA7PXY
youtube.com/watch?v=WDpPMu8EApg
youtube.com/watch?v=2r1iesThvYg
youtube.com/watch?v=yp7PYi5b8jg
youtube.com/watch?v=n47B16L6qo4
youtu.be/U8ozXI7yusc
youtu.be/I3Ak5VgyEoc
youtu.be/CKAc3nYEatw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Uematsu is a one trick phony pony

>calling anything before FFXI shitty

>VIII
>not fucking awful

>VIII
>not the best one

...whatever

>VI
>not the best one

okay user

VIII was polarizing, not objectively weak. I'd point fingers at III for that. But none of them are as trash as XIII or the MMO ones

Great composer, what's the problem

Listen to his work not in midi vidya form

Would be cool if the remake used this.

youtube.com/watch?v=GsGJKkOWHhY

didn't like the game so much but this guitar piece is beautiful

youtube.com/watch?v=mHOr1Bh5e-k

6 is fine, but 8 is the only one I really like.

>shitty

Uematsu isn't even the best video game composer.

>Koji Kondo
>Kenji Yamamoto
>David Wise
>Yoko Shimomura
>Masafumi Takada
>the guy who collaborates with Hideki Kamiya on all of his games

Have you played XV? Easily the worst FF in my book.

>Kenji Yamamoto
user...

>Uematsu will never be accepted by pretentious classical musician types because he makes songs for video games

really grinds my gears tbqhfam

nah, don't have a PS4. I'll get around to it someday.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Yamamoto_(composer_born_1964)

Yeah?

>filthy rich
>huge fanbase
>showered in awards

I imagine he's happy enough

>implying

Please recommend me contemporary artists like Uematsu.

Yiruma and Joe Hisashi are two I'd recommend listening to if you like Uematsu. Interesting how they're all Japanese, I wonder why that is.

Oh my bad, Yiruma is actually from South Korea. Still, all East Asian.

>shitty japanese video game

Purely your opinion and nothing more.

Fantastically wrong

This game hits too close to home when I was a kid and in general. I replayed it recently and finally realized how awkward, weird, and autistic things were. Still it can be fun minus all the damn story time. Seriously anymore when I or someone else plays a game and it gets to a part with a lot of talking or cutscene I'm like "STORY TIME STORY TIME". Like I sais I still like the game, blitzball fucking kicks ass too, idk why they didn't keep that in the series. The game and the whole series is filled with great music.

more opinions

>I replayed it recently and finally realized how awkward, weird, and autistic things were.

Me too. Replayed it on the PS4 since FFXV is shit and I wanted to play a good FF.

the game just screws with my head sometimes

>that fucked up story where Tidus, Jecht, and Auron lived 1000 years prior but everyone keeps talking about "10 years ago" which is it?!
>a near morbid fixation with death, always talking about it
>that creepy scene where the crusaders and al bhed try to fight Sin and get disintegrated in a blast akin to a nuclear bomb
>the whole sending thing is creepy as fuck, not sure what they are trying to communicate but that and much of the game has some kind of religious/paganistic/shamanistic overtones while at the same time demonizing religion i.e. albhed = good yevon = bad

really makes you think

>albhed = good yevon = bad

You're thinking too much in black and white.

Al Bhed are terrorists who use machines that for all they know do in fact cause Sin attacks.

Yevon's maesters are corrupt. Most of the followers actually care for the people. And even after FFX and FFX-2, many followers are still shown to teach the religion's teachings.

>check to see which board I'm on
>Sup Forums
uh, okay then.

I never beat FFX because of this bastard.

Like it though, might buy the PC version.

I agree and I didn't mean it like that, that's just how they made it sound like. It just seemed a bit weird and off putting that the game was trying to make the religious yevon the bad guys.

>OMG THOSE YEVONITES THEY'RE CORRUPT RELIGION IS BAD M'KAY?!

It's easy, last time I played a few weeks ago I just cheesed the shit out of it with aeons, which is probably how I did it the first time too.

uh, what? The game literally tells you what to do in this boss fight. Summon Shiva and diamond dust. Did you realize you can cast blizzara on yourself as shiva and heal HP?

Japanese people are simply... superior.

At least when it comes to creating music.

youtube.com/watch?v=wz_NK5HgR6Q

youtube.com/watch?v=JpR2fmDs7xA

How can white pipo compete?

do all the japanese composers only make vidya and animu music or something?

>that whole fight
>kids game

what were they thinking?

Say what you will about Yuzo Koshiro, at least he has a great taste in other people's music.
youtube.com/watch?v=VYUuCN3A0K0

sounds like something made on sibelius

I thought you were talking about this Kenji Yamamoto
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Yamamoto_(composer_born_1958)
>plagiarism scandal

not really

very easily

ikr?

>very easily
I'm gonna need to see some proof, white "boy".

I knew you needed to summon but still couldn't do it.

Eh, I was young and retarded.

8 is a terrible game but the OST is the only thing it got right

no way shimomura is better than uematsu, FFXV shows that

Yeah, I thought as much. Very odd coincidence that they both have the same name.

But yeah, the Kenji Yamamoto I was talking about is god-tier. Super Metroid and the Prime trilogy have such great OSTs. Well Prime 1 and 2 do.

make way for the king

>muh proofs
>what is the entirety of the western classical music canon and tradition
>"boy"

OK so you at least acknowledged I am a man, great. Now never reply to me again with your shit opinions ever again you CIA nigger.

It's OK iktf bro, I was dense as fuck when I was younger. My first playthrough I was about 11-12 I think and I didn't know how to use the sphere grid for like half the game at least. I was stuck at the moonflow and kept dying where you fight the underwater machina. My friend was like "uh why haven't you used any of your levels?" I told him I didn't know how and he showed me. I beat that fucker in the first try after that. I also didn't have a memory card for at least a month or so after getting the game, I just played it over and over, good times. /blog

tidus and his version of jecht are from a dream version of zanarkand that's way out into sea, it's the same time as the rest of the game only frozen before it gets destroyed. Sin carries Tidus and Auron (Auron is from the real world, he traveled to dream zanarkand) to the real world.

>western classical music
lol

not an argument

>I didn't know how to use the sphere grid for like half the game at least

lel, and that's the best leveling system in the series imo

materia was cool, items in IX was meh, junctioning in VIII was a fucking mess

Like I said, I was a, "special" child. Cool numbers btw, want to bring them to the white house?

Haven't played FFXV yet, but even though I don't really like KH anymore, the soundtracks are god-like.

Plus Yoko also composed Street Fighter 2's soundtrack and gave us all those iconic themes. She also does the music for the Mario & Luigi franchise.

Not that Uematsu isn't godly himself, honestly.

Uematsu is consistently good

shimomura is hit or miss

she's also the weakest composer in xenoblade

how can any ff be worse than 13?

15 has problems but it's not nearly as bad as 13

he's good, but has he created anything even close to this masterpiece?

koji kondo's work along with shinobu tanaka's are some of the best. look at sunshine

patrician taste

How about lets turn this into a jrpg ost thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=jk1BIMTgBvE

I think tales of the abyss had a very comfy soundtrack.

Shout out to Akira Yamaoka.

youtu.be/QFvt2cNSOaM

yep

uematsu is good, but nothing compares to mitsuda in his prime. absolutely nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=RqZaFDA7PXY

youtube.com/watch?v=2r1iesThvYg

youtube.com/watch?v=yp7PYi5b8jg

>In 1994, realizing that he would never get a chance to move up to a real composition duty without some drastic action and feeling concerned about his low pay, he gave Square's vice president, Hironobu Sakaguchi, an ultimatum: let him compose, or he would quit. Sakaguchi assigned the young musician to the team working on Chrono Trigger, telling him that "after you finish it, maybe your salary will go up". Mitsuda was assigned as the sole composer for the game, in the end creating 54 tracks for the final release. Mitsuda drove himself to work hard on the score, frequently working until he passed out, and would awake with ideas for songs such as the ending theme for the game. He worked so hard that he developed stomach ulcers and had to be hospitalized.

imo his work on xenogears is the best, I've never heard a more fitting soundtrack to a game

apparently he also composed the soundtrack to the first mario party?

youtube.com/watch?v=n47B16L6qo4

that's crazy I had no idea

ya I found that weird as fuck

mario party 1 was the first game I ever owned, and I always felt like it was familiar for some reason

years later I looked up the composer of the simple party game and it's fucking mitsuda

I feel like people become more creative when they're given a stringent set of conditions to make music

youtu.be/U8ozXI7yusc

youtu.be/I3Ak5VgyEoc

youtu.be/CKAc3nYEatw

I always feel bad, because I haven't played SH1-4 yet. But I loved Silent Memories' OST.

None of this is better than anything Uematsu composed, the only thing at the same level is

>None of this is better than anything Uematsu composed,

subjectively shit taste

It isn't though

The first time I played VIII I thought that the game was a clunky clusterfuck but I actually liked the story (believed Squall is dead theory before reading about it). The second time playing through, the gameplay was more seamless because I learned from later game the first time around that I don't need to grind for hours but this is poorly explained in the beginning of the game.

Could've been a 10/10 but clearly the visionaries wouldn't let anyone detract from what they saw making the game less accessible

Hey mate, FFXII and FFXIV are actually extremely great games.

Still need to grind draws

Only thing that has stopped me ever replaying 8

Masafumi Takada is incredible, I'm a huge Dangan Ronpa fan because of that amazing soundtrack

VIII was dogshit.
mfw VIII OST and Triple Triad tho

Yet that still doesn't come anywhere close to the majesty of this.

>Still need to grind draws
Nope, just draw from cards.

Also, it's tempting to minmax but not necessary. You can rush through the game at lower levels, it makes battles more challenging and there was only really a difficulty spike ehich would require some grind on the final disc.

among japanese score composers, joe hisaishi is GOAT

yoko kanno (plaigarism pls go), yuki kaijura, uematsu, all great

If you're grinding draws in FF8 you're playing the game wrong. That's what Triple Triad is for. Seriously just through playing Triple Triad and drawing from cards you can get tier 3 magic like Firaga and Curaga in the first few areas of the game

Actually going through the game at low levels is easier because enemies and bosses scale to your level. Seriously if you're drawing from cards and playing Triple Triad FF8 is the easiest FF game to break next to FF6.

why do people like these shitty games it's not even a game you literally just press a button over and over again until enemy dies

>literally just press a button over and over again until enemy dies
Can't that be said about literally every game in existence?