Would you fight an enraged adult male Grizzly bear to the death for $50...

Would you fight an enraged adult male Grizzly bear to the death for $50,000 if you got to wear a suit of full medieval plate armor and use a mace? Do you think it is possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CzYw5-qdA
youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You would die faggot

>put on plate armor
>weighs a fuckton
>can't move
>bear wins

Plate armor: no.

Hardened leather armor-> yes.

Mace: no

Sword/ pike: yes

Bitch I finished Skyrim three times

Yup, this /thread

It doesn't weigh that much and the weight is well distributed. A fit young knight could vault into the saddle of his horse in full plate. It was also invulnerable even to longbow bodkin arrows except at point-blank range. In short, it is damn good protection.

Sword, ok but no polearms.

Plate armor was designed for:
1) Fighting from horseback. While it afforded the wearer as much mobility as possible, it still weighed a lot. Chainmail(often worn under the plates to protect gaps) was also heavy.
2) Protecting the wearer from the damage inflicted by weapons. Diverting and diffusing the force created by a swung sword or axe. A good strike from a flanged mace could still shatter bones and pulp flesh through plate. While bears do have claws, they also have a lot of force behind their blows. They will floor you and knock the wind from your lungs. Additionally, the plates wouldn't offer enough protection from being crushed under the weight of something heavy, like a horse or a bear.

Troy Hurtubise: Project Grizzly
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CzYw5-qdA

Id use this

Kek

>Id use this
Hellraiser's little sister..

bullshit

Nah, sounds like a very painful way to commit suicide for not nearly enough money. Give me Kevlar, a helm, a spear and another zero and I will give it a go, though. 50k isn't nearly enough for surgery if I do manage to survive; hospitals are fucking expensive.

his name si pinhead not hellraiser you dumbass...hi my name is pirates of the caribbean

A Grizzly would fuck you over with blunt trauma more than anything. I'd prefer to take some chainmail, which would be lighter and would stop the bear from cutting me if it clawed me. Still wouldn't be that useful though.

I certainly wouldn't want a mace against a bear. A proper flail or a pike would be needed to kill it before it's in range of you.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc

Aren't those made specifically to fight bears?

he's not talking about the mobility.
There is documented proof of knights around the 17th century getting legs pinned to their horse by longbow arrows, through platemail, as well as through their horse's armor, at long distances.

nobody cares you anal fucking faggot, an hero now b4 daddy rapes your sad little ass again bitch.

Hey there, I'm Deadpool.

>paying for your own surgery

Risk my life over fifty grand? This is a stupid fucking question, I don't think you understand the concept of money yet kid

>oldfag detected

It does weigh a lot to a fucking NEET. You're talking about men who trained and did mock battle in their gear since childhood. I doubt you could do shit in armor much less fight a bear.

>In short, it is damn good protection.
Not against a bear

poor people do it daily, it's not an age question, it's an intelligence question

lol it sure is summer around here

Fuck yeah even if I die id die in a fucking metal way

I don't live in Shitfuckistan, and we've your dumbass over here tryin to equate poverty to fighting bears in plate armor?

how dumb are you people

Can I wait till I lose my virginity first?

It's about as safe as being a coal miner for a year, and for the same amount of money so....

Yeah dude? How do you figure that? The International Plate Armor vs. Bears Risk Factor Association?

You're just making shit up

/thread
mace would be retarded

As an american do I not have the god given RIGHT to bear arms?
Try and stop me motherfucker, keep your blood money

Triple the prize money and I'll do it with just the mace.

>expecting peer reviewed articles about fighting bears in plate armour for money
The whole point of this thread is making shit up.

>A fit young knight could vault into the saddle of his horse in full plate.
top fucking kek

see
1:30

bruh
burden of proof

mace would be retarded, give me a poleaxe or a halberd
hardened leather won't stop bear claws, and a pike would break, for hunting bears they used several "boar spears" and hounds, The pike will not stop the bear even if you stab him. That's why the boar spear has that guard behind the blade

See fucktard. Or do you swallow Hollywood bs every time?

You seem to actually give a fuck, so the burden of proof is on you.

>mace would be retarded, give me a poleaxe or a halberd

No. That would tilt the balance too far towards you.Close combat weapon only.

cry more fag

i would do it when you give me a sword instead of the mace

>mace against soft target

Dude you'd get ONE good swipe with the sword (if that) before half a ton of enraged grizzly is on you. Better to have a big knife you can wield in a melee.

american I presume?

not that guy but I gotta agree, so much autism as in that post can only be found in the US

nice quads

>mace
>not understanding half-swording.
still, messily tough.

Thick fur is surprisingly good armour apparently, and even if you got a good solid hit in beore the bear steamrollered you you'd probably just hit its shoulder or something and most of the blow would be absorbed by fur. You would just enrage it further. So no. I'd want a pike or bill or some other polearm so it would run onto it.

That's not quads faggot

nice trips

Until you drop the weapon after you stab it once and it keeps coming you loser faggot

They're wearing field plate/platemail, not full plate. Go back to boffing each other, faggots.

You dont know very much do you?

Modern soldiers in body armor, gear, ammo, weapon sometimes carry more weight than armored knights.

longsword and leather is all thats needed.

if you know what you're doing it wouldn't actually be too bad so long as you could stay away from a full frontal rush.

i wouldn't swipe i would punch it straight through

considering that i can OHP just over 50kg, and a full plate weighs at the most 50kg, i'm pretty sure even a weak faggot could be mobile in full plate

/thread

Shit dude, nice dubs

true story, fell fitted plate is heavy sure, but not unreasonable and remarkably mobile. idiots who don't understand it though just don't understand it.

Kill yourself

Is this taking place in an arena or do I have to go walk around the woods until I find one?

Steel plate armor will only help with the claw scratches. They are made for Sharp piercing/stabbing motion but if the bear HITS YOU HARD you will feel if and you will most likely get a concussion. But sure I'll do it for the lulz

What kind of leather armor?

>weak b8
>newfag
pick one

You're not just wearing plate over your bear skin though. You're going to have layers of mail, padding, clothes. You're gonna be one cushioned motherfucker.

thrust you idiot
a sword would make this unfair which is why he said mace

YES! A BEAR CANT DO ANYTHING AGAINST METAL I'D DESTROY THAT BEAR

hardened/boiled would be great because it provides an incredible outer shell while still remaining flexible but just about anything that allows for quick full range of motion would still provide at least some protection from grazes.

Shit you got dubs too, nice!

OP didn't mention all that. So I was assuming only the steel plate

Nah, 50k isn't enough for that kind of risk.

Nono, what configuration? Some kind of scales, plates. A lorica segmentata type of thing or just big huge sheets?

doesn't matter thats part of why maces/blunt weapons exist, even with that cushion, head hits ring your bell and crushing blows still get through and break bones. Humans can do that, a bear could absolutely break bones through blunt force hits.

but ye I'd do it if I get a spiked mace rather than blunt. I need a shield too.
also would do naked with a sword
I've always wanted to fight a bear

Bear mace would be fine I think.

They see me rollin

Plate armor is a system, not just a piece of plate strapped on. If you're talking about wearing medieval steel plate, odds are good you're talking about all of it. It takes padded clothing to serve as arming wear, which you tie the plate too. Then maille covering the gaps in the joints. Plus your clothes underneath. Bludgeoning a thing, but there are remarkable forces that go into beating a good suit of plate.

>thinks hardened leather armour was actually a thing

Stop playing D&D, fucking basement dweller

like I said, I'd take just about anything. Lamellar would be a bit of a middle ground with some metal reinforcement inside, but layered scale would be fine, anything with good articulation.

>A fit young knight could vault into the saddle of his horse in full plate
>implying modern day society creates people fit for any manual labour
>implying any of the people fit like a medieval knight hang out on Sup Forums

Anyone claiming they'd make it is full of shit, even if you can wield a mace correctly and is fit enough to fight in plate armour you'd be crushed like a soda can as soon as you're on the ground. Which you will be.

Just because a mace -can- defeat plate doesn't mean it's doing it in the first blow. Even then, you have to line up the shot right to get a good hit. And the guy wearing the plate isn't going to be standing still. Humans have crazy-ass endurance compared to other animals too, especially a conditioned human.

Chances are good that bear is going to eat one or two good hits before he starts to reconsider his attack. Even more importantly, that bear has no concept of blocking incoming hits. A human does.

He's also referred to as hell raiser , you dipshit.

But you're wrong faggot

right, this goes back to my point of a bear will still fuck you up if it gets a couple blows in. with a mace you're going to take a lot of hits, Bear strength reduces the number of hits you'd be able to take.

Which is why you've got to stay on your feet, stay out of a direct frontal position and have something with more reach than its arms

Then you have no rigid protection to redistribute force away from an incoming blow, rendering any benefit from switching to lighter armor useless. Plus, leather - especially enough used for armor - is fucking heavy. You get more protection out of steel, and it can be shaped to fit your contours more naturally, more easily distributing weight.

i would do this for $50 just to punch that box on my man card.

But even if you can't stay out of reach, you can stay aggressive. Animals tend to get real fucked up real quick when they realize whatever they're attacking is hurting them. Just like any survival situation with an animal, or a human for that matter. You eliminate the ability to see and breathe, i.e. beat the fuck out of his face. I suspect he's going to be trying to bite, so it's likely to be a reachable target.

no. switching to lighter armor has nothing to do with protection, its an obvious hit in safety, its the mobility you get from it and the further range or articulation.

I've worn various types of plate and various types of leather. get paid for it even. Leather gives you a larger range of motion across the board. EVEN when compared to really well fitted plate.

I'm pretty sure we're on the same side of the argument here.

Not to mention that leather armour in itself would be useless against a bear standing on your chest. A bear will try to crush you, not really shred you to pieces. This doesn't mean plate armour would do that much either unless you've got some solid shit.

I've done my research, work a lot with the Harnischfechten guys. I really don't think the benefit to mobility is as extreme as to merit eliminating the rigidity of plate.

HEMAfag for Maryland Kunst Des Fechtens. Reenactor?

I study ancient times lol I know how the armor works, I assumed because he only said the plate armor, he never mentioned the undermesh