Looking for some law advice from UK Sup Forumstards...

Looking for some law advice from UK Sup Forumstards.I bought a laptop today from HP today when they had that price glitch, see pic. Now I have had two emails, one confirming the order and another where they have accepted it and gave me a delivery date. Can they still cancel the order even though that have accepted it?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.notebookreview.com/threads/hp-cancelled-my-order-do-to-pricing-error.683724/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shameful self bump

Because they're a mighty fucklord company. Probably yes

Surely a contract has been made now that they have accepted it and cancelling it will count as breach of contract?

I got 3 myself, but im pretty sure they can just pull the "we reserve the right to cancel any order at any time" card

who knows though

I bought one too

If you're not a lazy you can read the terms and conditions

You'll find that they can cancel the order any time up to dispatch. Once they dispatch/it's in your hands then they can't do shit.

This mean they've accepted? Havent got an email but i just refreshed this page and it has changed

That's where I'm at too, got the emails though, one of my mates gets his in ten days apparently so I'll post if he gets it

same, got that page but no email

They only dispatch on the next working day

So it will be Monday

Got that page and email, although i feel like they have accepted the order instead of canceling, nothing is decided until its dispatched.

Under UK law, no person has the right to purchase anything; it is entirely the perogative of the seller to sell, not the buyer to buy. As such, and as per their terms and conditions, they will reserve the right to cancel the order at any time because you have not entered into a contract with them whereby they have agreed to sell you anything with no right to withdraw it.

That said, they may take it as free advertising if it was dead stock they were trying to get rid of ASAP. As a similar example, some bookies pay out on teams winning leagues early to generate free news coverage. This is the same sort of thing; they can praise their consumers for being smart and give them a free laptop in return for some positive column inches.

I had similar situation with amazon(I bought 256GB SSD for 0.01p) and they cancelled 2 days later.

Yes

This wasnt a special deal thing it was a mistake

The emails are automated when someone actually looks at it they will suspend all the orders

I would cancel the order. ..sorry no more inventory....here is your money back peasant. ... poor people problems hahahaha... your poor and you will always be poor.

In the UK they are forced to stand by a deal as soon as a contract is formed.

The tricky part is figuring out when the contract is formed. If they've shipped the item then it is without a doubt formed and there is nothing they can do to get the item they sold back or get more money off of you.
Sometimes if they have accepted payment from you, that may constitute a contract being formed. In which case they can also no longer cancel the order.

The tricky part is figuring out which of these is the case. If they ship it out you've got it 100%, if they've taken payment from you there is a reasonable chance they have to honour the deal.

The emails aren't automated, which is the thing.

Picture related is the email. The website specifically states all orders have to be checked and accepted, and this email says the order has been accepted too.

It's hard to figure out whether they can actually cancel the order or not, depends on whether them accepting this (and taking payment) constitutes the forming of a contract. If it does then they cannot back out of the sale anymore.

This is exactly why i feel they have to honour the sale. I received two emails, First being confirmation of the order itself (along with payment) second email about 7 hours later saying my order was accepted.

This to says the order is accepted and will be shipped, since the terms and conditions say the order will be accepted or canceled by HP.

HOWEVER i really wouldn't get hopes too high until its actually been shipped.

If the order is shipped then they absolutely cannot do anything about it. Up until that point, if all depends on how they worded their terms and conditions.

But just remember. It's the weekend and these will probably be shipped out on Monday. Cancelling all the orders will require someone go through and pull all of the mispriced orders and then someone in charge has to issue an order to cancel the orders.

If things are shipped out first thing Monday it's possible they wont have time to cancel the orders.

But until the laptop is actually shipped out, assume they can cancel it.

just received my dispatch email

Youre the retard it clearly states that your order has been accepted for processing...and yes this is an automated email

Because the email says "your order has been accepted" this can very easily be construed as them accepting the order and forming a contract. Although their terms and services might say they can still cancel it, you could take them to court and sue over it because of the wording in the email (which would indicate them accepting a contract).

That email specifically says "Your order has been accepted and we will start processing it now".
It does not say "Your order has been accepted for processing".

Whay do you think processing is. Thats what happens after you order something and before it gets delivered. Wher they go through your order carefully looking for any mistakes. By accepted it means that the computer/online ordering part of the transaction went without failure

I bought 21 lol and i got the email confirmation luckily i was speedy and able to get to paypal rather quickly

Someone ring them up and ask what they're going to do about these laptops?

>Love from HP
I've always trusted them, they're a great company, let us know how your laptop is

Most of this stuff is automated.

Processing could literally be them boxing it and getting it ready to be shipped out.

The best thing to do here is be quiet about it. If they are unaware of the mistake and ship out the laptops, there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. Once the laptops are shipped they cannot cancel the order, they cannot make you pay more, they cannot demand you return it.

There's nothing tricky about it, you agreed to the T+Cs upon purchase and they say;

Order Cancellation
HP reserves the right to cancel any accepted order prior to delivery, at HP's discretion (whether or not payment was made), and this in case of any material errors in connection with your order, the price or other conditions published in the HP Business Store relevant for your order, or if any further verification of your credit conditions or records so warrants. If payment was made and your order is cancelled, HP will issue an appropriate credit to your account (or may contact you to collect information in order to do so).

They're well within their rights to cancel your order until it's in your hands. Even during shipping they can divert the laptop and have it returned to them and cancel your order.

The gf bought 10 and two of my friends bought 30 between them.
We got the first email but not the second.

You won't get your laptop. I don't think anyone will.

I send them an email asking if the orders will be honored, of they reply I'll post it here.

Not true. Once the item is shipped there is nothing they can do about getting it back.

And due to the wording in the email it's possible you could argue against the terms and conditions.

No way they are unaware, too many people ordered from it and they even removed the product from the website.

This they can still cancel up to it being dispatched, im still holding onto hope but im doubtful.

I really feel people ordering large quantities just make it even more likely for them all to be canceled. (Although doubt thats true)

Even though you buy something, dosen't mean you will for sure get it. For example, i bought and GPU one time, and they went out of stock. Even though at the time i was ordering it said they had it in. And i told them i had already paid for it, so why shouldnt i get it. Their respons was kinda like "tough luck, here is your money bye"

>Can they still cancel the order even though that have accepted it?
Yup. They can cancel it right up until the moment you accept delivery as long as they refund you within a 'reasonable' time period.

1) I work in retail and we've done this a couple times

2) The law doesn't give a fuck about semantics and technicalities. When placing the order, you confirmed you read and agreed to the terms. I already posted the relevant term up ahead. If you weren't happy with it, you shouldn't have placed your order. if you didn't read it, the contract is void anyway.

Yeah, true. But we don't know exactly how many laptops were ordered. People who tried to buy tons of them will probably ruin it for everyone else, but if a small number were ordered, it's possible they could honour the deal.

No. They can cancel it up until it's sent out for dispatch. At that point it is yours and they cannot cancel it.

user, this is the UK where consumers have laws protecting them. Not the US where the consumers only right is to get fucked in the ass.

Yeah, I think if I ordered 1 as soon as the fuck up went live I'd have more of a chance.

I think they'll say no contract has been formed tbh.

I haven't received any emails and my order status is 'awaiting payment'. Anyone else?

This is true. The company cant do shit if they have already sent it. I had a case where i bought 1 monitor, but they fucked up and sendt me two. They asked for it back, and i just said no. There wasnt anything they could do about it legally since it was their screw up

I WANT TO BELIEVE

My order was accepted, money taken but cannot check the order status because the websites been under maintenance all day.

+1

You agreed to the T's and C's prepare to get fucked.

website works fine now. make sure you're using the UK site

I'm in the UK, I also bought one of these laptops (which I knew and still know I won't get). I work for a computer components retailer. Every now and then we'd get a fraud order or a guy who changed his mind and whatnot, it had been dispatched, but not delivered. We just ring up DPD and get them to return it to us.

The key word in the terms is DELIVERY, not DISPATCH.

Also, don't forget that for a contract to be valid, there needs to be intention to create a contract by both parties. Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together can see that this was not the intended price, and that there has been a fuck up. If you took them to court for this, you would be laughed out.

I'm not sure what courier or airfreight firm you've used but the ones we use have always returned or rerouted goods en route without any hesitation.

The worst they can do is cancel the order and give people a refund.

Not sure how that equates to getting fucked.

It is the UK site, order page just keeps saying "We are sorry, our order status system is temporarily not available at this moment. Please try again later".

lol this is a obvious typing mistake nobody will get a laptop you fucking retards.
there were threads telling everyone to order and a guy even ordered 250 fucking laptops ofcourse they will cancel all the orders you stupid degenerate autists

You didn't see the website obviously. There was a huge offer on the page which was confusing and could easily have mislead people (and did mislead people).
Specifically it said you could pay a monthly subscription fee for the laptop.

People could argue they thought they'd be getting the laptop cheap and paying a monthly fee. (Which a lot of people on Sup Forums did think when the website was first posted)

This is the UK, not America. We got laws protecting us here user.

Now, you will get it. This is an error on their part and you have paid for the transaction and they have accepted. They might fix the price but you will still get the product, this happens all the time on steam where brand new games are suddenly on sale for £1 or something. I've bought tons. I get emails apologising that its an error but they never take the game off me or ask for more money.

how fucking stupid are you kiddo?

>This is the UK
So is this...i'm sat almost exactly in the middle of it right now.
I also work for a fortune 500 company in the export department so...you know...

lol there is no law intended to protect the people

Material errors in e.g. price void contracts. You may still get it but don't get your hopes up.

No. Terms of sale specifically state errors such as pricing glitches are void

Yeah sure you do. And tomorrow you'll have a new job at somewhere that is the top of it's field and is conveniently relevant to whoever you want to argue with.

Fucking retard, it is automated. Hope they cancel your order anyhow just for being this retarded.

LOL

Idiot

Only if they catch such errors before shipping the items.

If the laptop gets sent to you, it is yours. Until then they can cancel it.

If no one checks the order then yes you will get it, if they check it expect to have a cancellation and refund.

I scored £750 of Razor gear in 2013 for £75 due to a 90% discount glitch and they sent me my order without cancellation as no one checked it.

Yes, technically, but the terms usually say "errors and omissions excepted" and "we reserve the right to change the advertised price" so there's not much you can do about it.

Doesn't work like that, kiddo. "b..but.. I was confused, I thought a £3.2k laptop for £2.06 was reasonable." Not going to happen.

Also, the subscription thing, that'd just let HP hold all orders and ensure they clarify with everyone personally that they're agreeing to a subscription service whilst also asking for the appropriate payment details (which is also mentioned in their terms) so they can set up the recurring direct debit. No one will want the laptops then, so the customer would just cancel it themselves.

And stop trying to pretend like the UK is amazing. The laws here protect everyone, not greedy neets. By forcing HP to fulfil these clearly fucked up orders, they'd be forcing them to make a significant loss. That would mean investors would lose out on the value of shares and dividends, jobs could be lost, R&D could be cut back impacting the economy, all sorts of bad shit. You think they'd "protect" you when you're being completely unreasonable to demand something like that? No.

hundreds of orders have been made for this laptop believe me. they WILL notice somethings wrong and check everything.

Given it's the weekend when no one is working and these orders will be shipped first thing Monday, there is a chance you could get it.

But until you get the laptop, assume they can cancel it.

This is all moot. What you going to do if they don't give you the laptop? Sue? Pay £500 to go to county court for a £2 laptop?

Well since my clock card shows the old company name (google their recent acquisition) so i can't really use that as proof so i'll simply say it's GE

Well, they're likely to spot and correct the mistake, but I hope they take a while so you and the other anons get yours. Good luck.
And checked.

The website was confusing enough that to the majority of people it looked like the laptop was £2.06 plus £41 a month for the next 5 years.

>muh tin foil hat
>muh feel the bern
kys faggot

ah yeah, thanks I hope i get mine too, it will be great when i go off to Uni
and checked right back at ya

So sign the contract and give your payment details, and you can have the laptop.

I did both of these. Where is my laptop?

>plus £41 a month for the next 5 years.
those were financing options, if you can't afford to pay upfront

Fingers crossed for you user. I wouldn't be too confident 'til it was in my hands though. Have to say, it's looking good so far.

Yah, somebody from HP or even the place you bought it from can take a stand, and will go through law to get their "refund" back.

the zbook 17 g2 page is generating an error, they know about the issue and all your orders will be cancelled.

thanks for not sharing sooner, you cunts.

i couldnt order so i hope no one gets it fuck you all

Yeah, but the website didn't state that. It made it look like the laptop was cheap because you were paying for it monthly.

Out of stock m8, lot of orders recently, we'll get it to your before your subscription is up.

best fuckups i've ever profited from were a multi card reader for 1p (free postage too)
and a corsair ax860 fpr £20,both on amazon

are you stupid?

people work on weekends you fucking moron.

your order will be cancelled, how dumb are you? fucking inbred mongrel.

Yeah, the T&C's will get you every time. Taking away your rights is what they exist for.

Not at shipping in the UK.

You never get anything delivered in the UK on Sunday unless you're willing to pay 10x the price for special delivery. Standard couriers never work on Sunday and most wont even work on a Saturday.

If you'd have bought anything online in the UK, you'd know this.

LOL at faggots thinking they're not going to get screwed

Such uneducated advice here. They can stop the order right up to the point the delivery driver hand you the box. Take them to court if you like no court will believe you thought the price was correct and enforce consumer rights. Check the law. Besides if they deliver with Yodel you ain't getting jack shit anyway. The driver will nick it.

This is in HPs t&c.

HP reserves the right to cancel any accepted order prior to delivery, at HP's discretion (whether or not payment was made), and this in case of any material errors in connection with your order, the price or other conditions published in the HP Business Store relevant for your order, or if any further verification of your credit conditions or records so warrants. If payment was made and your order is cancelled, HP will issue an appropriate credit to your account (or may contact you to collect information in order to do so).

none of you stupid cunts are getting a £2 laptop, none of you.

That's only royal mail, a lot of couriers tried the whole lets charge astronomical fees for Sundays thing couple years back, and it was great money for them, until everyone else joined in and the prices plummeted.

Depends on who HP ship with. My money is on them cancelling them all well before any stock is even touched by the warehouse guys.

The worst that will happen is the orders are cancelled and people are refunded a whopping £2.

you're a fucking retard....
you must be braindead

And you're probably American.

Which makes you worse than braindead.

The best that will happen is a £5 off voucher.

Anyone who legit thought they could get a £2 high end laptop probably wouldn't be able to use it anyway. HP should send them a colouring book, they'd have a boatload of repeat customers if they did.

>Let's go back to 2012

forum.notebookreview.com/threads/hp-cancelled-my-order-do-to-pricing-error.683724/

Until that package arrives at your door, and you sign for it, they can cancel the order and refund you the £2 due to a systems glitch, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I read this earlier.
I'd love to getmy 10 G3 i7 notebooks but I doubt it'll happen.

ITT: People who don't understand law.

According to European law (which still applies to you, quitters), every vendor has a right to cancel any order, if there is "evident mistake, for example in price, specifications etc".

And if any of you smartasses would go so far and sue them, have fun explaining to judge that you were buying laptop in good will, not noticing that 2 quid is obviously mistake.

That's why I bought 10 to get free.delivery.
>durrrrr

Now it begins to make more sense. So is the £41/month a condition for getting the laptop? That would make it a reasonably expensive laptop, at £2460.

This is wrong. They can only cancel the order if the contract has not been accepted. Once they accept the order as valid and a contract is formed, they can not cancel the order.

When the order is accepted and the contract is formed is at one of two stages. When they send an email stating the order is accepted, or when they ship the goods out. This depends on their terms of sale.

The law specifically states that for an online order, that a human has to explicitly accept the order. This can only be done at two points, one is them accepting it, and the other is them shipping it out.
Unless HP themselves are shipping the order and the delivery driver is the one accepting the order, they have accepted it either at the point it was shipped out or before it.

i ordered one and got free delivery