Think again

I really like the first six Korn albums

>first six
>six Korn albums

>Memeknot

only good nu metal album coming through

Deftones exist

100% serious. Thats one of my favorite metal albums

Mfkr though? As a very old Slipknot fan I'd have to disagree. Personally I think it was their and still is worst album.

Objection, your honor.

This was also a thing

if u post actual nu metal itt ur doing it wrong

I know i honestly don't know what's wrong with me. I even like the ones that musically illiterate Korn fans hate on. My taste is otherwise pretty good I swear.
Also, Danny Brown likes Korn so fuck off

and this is the only good hardcore/crunk core album. I ironically love this. Come at me bros (admittedly there are a few cringey parts)

>all these plebs posting actual nu metal don't know godflesh
sometimes I wonder why I still visit this board

>not posting their actual nu metal album

Fuck off you stupid cunt. Those are great.

>"I remember being truly stunned when I heard that first Korn album, because there's so much Godflesh in that, but used in this commercial way," Broadrick says. "It was weird. Like, wow, I guess it had to happen at some point; somebody had to take these sorts of sounds and make them digestible. I guess [when bands have] a major label, good marketing, extensive touring, playing the industry game to some extent… it's not surprising.
youtube.com/watch?v=3MSBWGHOoag
youtube.com/watch?v=IvOetMarII4
who did it better?

We got the joke. We just didn't care.

Well that Korn song came out 12 years before that Godflesh song so looks like the tables have turned.
I really fucking love Untouchables, song for song it's the catchiest album of their's, and the production is such a weirdly good fit for them.
Tracks like Alone I Break are practically Pretty Hate Machine-style synthpop or triphop, and it fits Jonathon's melodrama brilliantly.
I say melodrama but I honestly fucking love Korn as much as Robert Wyatt or Xiu Xiu or any Sup Forums approved artist.
Untouchables is fucking stunning. Korn did it better.

youtube.com/watch?v=iVbWw3RKg1w
Holy fucking shit how much was Nas payed for this hahahahahahahahahahaha

>Funk-metal turned into something completely different, halfway into the decade, withe the advent of Korn. Jonathan Davis embodied the post-yuppie pessimism at the turn of the century, and made a career of focusing on the anxieties of disaffected teenageers of the middle-class. Thus the tone of Korn (1994) was bleak, and, while not as aggressive as other funk-metal bands, it had few rivals in terms of dramatic tension.

They're funk metal, not nu metal

Korn sounds weird with clean production they sound best raw which is why I will always defend the first two albums. Even Scaruffi and Christgau gave their debut decent scores.
youtube.com/watch?v=aTNjNKQGBkI
this shit is incredibly fresh still.

>(admittedly there are a few cringey parts)
the crunkcore tracks are p bad but all the other cringe parts are actually great. like that sped up monologue in ASL
actually
>THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE REACTION YOUR GF MAKES WHEN YOU JUST TOLD HER YOU HAVE AN STD IN BED!!
is pretty cool in some way
the track drops awkwardly after that but thats something that happens a lot on that album, so it's probably a stylistic element or something

Pointless statement, try to think for yourself

did not expect my favorite band here

Godflesh pioneered nu-metal and even dabbled in it whether or not they admit it.
youtube.com/watch?v=MUw1QEh5x18
tell me this isn't nu-metal.

the demo for this, absorber, is much more slowed down. not bashing any of your claims cause i agree, but it's just interesting. you can find absorber on youtube, although it's in very poor quality.

Demo version lacks the rap metal vocals of the final version though. I just think it's funny how Godflesh turns into a nu-metal band once they use a live drummer or use a guitar with more than 6 strings.

i think absorber is good nonetheless, but, i'm not sure about the guitar with more than 6 strings though. i thought the entirety of Streetcleaner and possibly others have been played on a 7-string; Decline & Fall is very nu-metal, but it seems like they went down a different path for A World Lit Only by Fire.

Wrong

Nu metal is not such a bad genre. You probably hate it because of a few cringeworthy lyrics and the image typically ssociated with fans of the genre. T fact is that the instrumentals and rhythms that came with it were a breath of fresh air at the time. Not all of it has aged well, but the same could be said for pretty much any genre.