Remember when everyone hated transformers 2 for being just an endless series of action scenes with a weak and...

Remember when everyone hated transformers 2 for being just an endless series of action scenes with a weak and predictable plot crammed in?

Turns out that's what people want all along, everyone just got caught up in the hate circle jerk. Apologise to Michael Bay RIGHT NOW

t.faggot

The difference is that Bay is a skilled director who makes good films, even if they don't appear to make sense to a braindead idiot.

>its another veiled capeshit war thread

No. This is what Marvel fans pull out of their asses every time Civil War is criticized. This thread has nothing to do with DC. BvS was a huge mess and a massive disappointment. It has nothing to do with the fact that CW is lazy safe garbage marketed at young teenagers that think it's cool to watch comic book movies, but have never actually read a comic.
DC apologists are in denial.
Marvel fans are dense as fuck.

No transformers 2 is bad because its so long, the plot is thick but the writing is awful, I didnt know where the story was going but its shit anyway, and its not bad because of a lot of action its bad because the action is so poorly done. Its action with literally nameless characters whereas if you listen to the Russo brothers in interviews they believe each action scene has to have meaning to the plot and characters in them, something they actually pulled off in Civil War and Transformers could never dream of. You're not even trying to criticize Transformers though, you're just making bullshit up to criticize Captain America but it doesn't even make sense because of the comparison.

They're the same length. They're both full of action scenes and explosions. They both have weak dialogue though transformers is definitely worse. It's fair to compare them

>each action scene has meaning to the plot
Not at all. In fact the plot was constructed entirely so they could have a chain of action scenes.

it's OK when Disney does it

Nothing to do with DC, I don't care about that war

Ah, so you're just a fedora "patrician" wasting time complaining about capeshit on Sup Forums?

>Sup Forums unironically sucking Bay cock now

Not even Armond White can out-contrarian us

I actually liked the second transformers movie tho

>They're both full of action scenes and explosions
CW doens't have too much compared to Tranformers.

Those guidlines are so unbelievably loose its borderline meaningless. In every action scene there is a character with some sort of motivation going through something and I like the dialogue. So as long as we're just making statements that x was good or bad thats really all there is to say, obviously no one is going to change your mind here. You cant be blind to how popular and well received the movie is, you must know that to everyone other than yourself the comparison to Transformers 2 is ridiculous yet you're playing it straight, I think its clear you just made the thread to argue and I cant say im interested.

Ironically, Armond, who loved BvS, also loved Transformers 2.

There was no giant robot testicles joke in Civil War.

It wins.

THE main complaint about transformers 2 was that it was just explosions. It was completely brainless and exhausting to watch. It wasn't that they were done poorly, just so many of them. CW had (i think) a similar % of action scenes and more than any avengers franchise movie. People enjoyed it but there was nothing complex about it and nothing new

Michael Bay is actually good though.

It WAS done poorly, because we give no 2 shits about any of the transformers in the movies

and the action? there wasnt even that much of it
TF2 suffered more for the damn subplots/humanfillerscenes

Transformers 2 had no plot to speak of. Also no characters, no themes literally nothing but CGI shitfest with short interludes

No matter what you think of it Civil War had actual plot, characters, themes etc. It has a lot of action and CGI but it never feels like you are in the brainless vidya like Transformers were

>Transformers 2 had no plot to speak of. Also no characters, no themes literally nothing but CGI shitfest with short interludes

Transformers 2 was shit, but I think you don't know what "plot," "characters," and "themes" are.

Second post, worst post

>Autistic response to figure of speech

I'd rather watch Transformers 2. At least he knows how to edit action scenes.

Main difference is Civil War wasn't an endless series of action scenes, and the action scenes that were in the movie were very entertaining to watch, whereas the action scenes in Transformers are a CGI clusterfuck where you can't tell who's fighting who or what exactly is going on.