Post plastic injection mold figures

Post plastic injection mold figures.

Other urls found in this thread:

brothers-brick.com/2016/07/29/lego-announces-end-of-bionicle-theme-2016-to-be-final-year-news/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did'nt they quit making those machines at amusement parks where you could watch your figure get made like this?

Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile

Pretty much. You'll see the text on the figures from where I got them years ago.

Also, those smashed pennies are cool.

especially after one malfunctioned and sprayed molten plastic in the kids face

Oh God what is the dolphin fucking now

Rhydon

Yeah, I once looked up why those could possibly be legal. The fact is, the consumer is the one actually putting in money to alter it, not the company putting out the machines.

I have a Frankenstein from Universal Studios like this.

Interesting. So, a policeman could stop a person from putting pennies into those machines, but the state couldn't stop production of those machines?

Why not a 3D printer instead, working with LED?
Smaller, more cost efficient, probably faster printing times and easier maintenance I would assume

Post it, frankenfag.

and probably better and more detailed surface quality when I look at these few.. implying the CAD file is well designed

OP, You realize that Mold-O-Rama was severely limited in area, right? Mostly Chicago/Milwaukee, but a few more further afield?

Injection molding is generally for large factories (like Lego production, for example), but it is much, much cheaper and faster.

There is no r34 on plastic injection mold figures. Can you prove me wrong? Here's a hint: you can't.

Literally every 'advantage' you listed for 3D printing is false, except maybe smaller

Doesn't taste the same

Really? I haven't looked up the company yet. I'll do that now.

Also, injection molding is for production, not prototyping, where 3D printing is more suited for.

I see, I'm not familiar with injection molding , im into 3D printers.. just thinking if you like to do this hobbywise, wh not considering 3D printing instead due to some incredible range of details.. purchase became way more affordable in the last few years

Apologies for potato quality.

I had all 4, my penguin was yellow
Still remember the smell o those

how much of a bitch is cleaning after molding? Also I think maintenance is way easier on 3D printers rather than these machines..

But I admit mass production is more efficient with this.. but surface resolution no compare to 3D printing

Hobbies usually use prototyping, which 3D printers can make so many designs. Injection molds use casts (dies), which mold the melted plastic into shape. I got these from large machines museums and zoos.

IDK, but surface resolution is pretty good on my USS Midway molds.

Being a young child and seeing these things was like seeing the future. I'm somewhat into steampunk, so I guess there's an influence.

Asiga DLP printer

Those machines cranked out the injection pieces in minutes, truly fascinating given the time period. They had to be low detail and pull left to right to avoid problems in molding. Very cool stuff.

Panther rawr

I think the smell was one of the most memorable and evocative things, almost like a Proustian madeleine.

Siick

Very cool to see these old figures again, op! Memories.

I'm all out of Mold-o-Rama figures. Gonna post other stuff. Here's the thing I was taking pictures on. The top dot is obviously where the plastic was injected.

Thanks! Here's Bionicle.

Wait, what? It's ending? brothers-brick.com/2016/07/29/lego-announces-end-of-bionicle-theme-2016-to-be-final-year-news/

:(

Yea you can get some insane details with LED light sytems, professional jewlers use these for their production cause they need this high range of details.. usually operating in 25 microns layer thickness.. but it also depends on your previous computer 3D model

Which leads me to the question, how do you create the molds for the prints?

Parents had a Gorilla/Lion you don't seem to have. Was from a family zoo trip in minneapolis.

I got the molds from Mold-o-Rama machines from zoos and museums. They have to machine the metal die in order to cast in it.

Mold in HK are usually laser cut in aluminum. ( toy design fag here.)

There's probably many that I'm missing. Can you post it?

Unfortunately couldn't today. If you make the thread in the future I'd probably be able to.

Hey, I actually program/operate 3 axis CNC machines! We're actually about to start work on a mold shortly

I'm posting most of what I got right now. If I ever come up with more ideas, I'll be sure to.
Actually, I have stuff like joysticks, calculators, controllers, flashlights, Nerf guns, and a bunch more toys, so be on the lookout for one in the future.

So I found the 4 my parents have actually, it's not a picture of the ones they own but it's the exact same molds and colors.

Shove in pooper

Here's this weird BattPoke thing. It shoots a ball when I press the button.

Cool!

I really dont understand this thread. wtf.

Video of Battpoke thing in action.

I'm all out of stuff for tonight, plus I'm tired. Have a good night!