So, assuming one day there will be no more support for win7, what linux distro should i get?

So, assuming one day there will be no more support for win7, what linux distro should i get?

Why would you need further support? Just don't be a fucking retard

have you even read the question?

Just pay a little extra and buy a Mac and be happy. Not even trolling, everything just works without issue.

Hes right though, i never updated or upgraded past windows 7. I dont even have a service pack

bad idea. spend a lot extra and get a top of the line mac.

expensive as fuck, but it will last you two times what a windows machine would for three times the price, well worth it.

>Itll last 2 times what a windows will
>Implying i dont just upgrade my pc and save money over time

And thus why sanders lost the election

LOL are you actually retarded? Do not EVER buy a Mac for ANY reason unless you just have too much money. Buy a damn Windows. Don't download risky shit. Get Avast. Don't be an idiot. It's not that hard. I've run XP for 8 years on my side desktop with only Avast (McAfee previously, good riddance) and never got a single virus.

I use comodo, cause goddamn comodo will rape a virus and then murder its children

There is no doubt that windows is much cheaper. The math works out something like this.

Spend 3k on mac to get a 1k windows box. Keep the mac 4 years vs 2 years for windows.

over 4 years you will have spent 3k on mac and 2k on windows. there, the economics are out of the way.

So do you want to spend 2k over the next four years and be stuck with windows (which is ok) and crappy hardware that never works right (which is not) or 3k and have a top of the line machine that makes you happy every time you use it?

Well... ubuntu-mate or xubuntu are sane options coming from windows. Both can be configured to work much like windows as far as the general user experience goes.

Personally though, I think something else will show up. Possibly Chrome OS will get beefed up or something like that. Something that developmentally speaking works more like android, with a single focus.
Ubuntu could have been that center of focus, but they screwed it up. Still a good distro.

Basically, the world needs a distro that clears the fog of ambiguity, and lets hardware and user software developers focus on a single platform.
When that happens, the great linux takeover (tm) can happen very quickly.

The point of the thread is choosing between Linux options, which is a far better choice than any of these fag possibilities you retarded cunts are discussing like blind chickens flying around.

OP, Linux depends on several factors, you'll need tl give us info on your machine, and what you do with it if you want a sound recommendation.

The inherent problem is you are vastly overstating the cost of upgrade. To keep a 1k computer relevant next year is a 300 dollar part once a year maybe.

Lets say you buy a 1k box with an i7 current, gtx 750 and average psu and case and such. Top of the line gpu is 800 bucks and ypu buy that once every 3 or 4 years. (I paid 300 for a hd 7770 when they were brand new and used it with relevance for 6 years) or lets say a new cpu, thats 800 and will last over 5 years at least. Or lets say a psu which is 800w(costs 80 bucks) thatll last till it breaks so 5 plus years.

In.short, you know nothing about computers

Meh.. my windows 7 box is 5 years old and still current. ( I5-2320 (4 x 3ghz), 8gigs@1600hz). And yeah it was a third of the price of the corresponding mac.

(In fact it kind of bugs me because Id like to build a new one. Can't justify the expense though, unless I find some other use for this one.)

Hes a mac fag, he doesnt know shit about computers

You do know there are distros you can download and run just trying them, without needing a install, or overwriting your Windows, right? Just test them about

Lubuntu is friendly and can be run and used off a usb

Honestly this. I hate it when people say "Windows gets a bunch of viruses. Macs don't get any". Well fuck the only way you'll get a virus is if you're a dumbass.

But user, mac users are morons, so its a self fulfilling prophecy

Apple top of the line? You know that they only refres the hardware every few years. For example, lets buy a macpro, you'll get hardware from 2013!! Fucking 3 year old shit for and you still pay price for recent hardware.
With the notebooks it's not that bad, but still. If I buy stuff I want stuff not released more than half a year ago

Plus it's not even fucking true. Macs can totally get viruses I've seen it happen. It just doesn't happen often because most don't develop for Mac and most people aren't to dumb when browsing the web

Everyone I know that is a Mac Fag does nothing but update their Facebook, watch youtube, and Instagram with their $1800 Macs while at Starbucks.

Try Elementary OS. It's a real simple Linux distro that has the look and feel of a Mac. There is also Linux Mint that you can try.

its the same thing as getting a high performance car for city driving.

Its just pretty, but in essence it does the same shit, youre just paying for the look

I bought a iMac 5k with a 1tb fusion drive and M390 graphics. I've always built my computers before hand but never messed around with one before and the curiosity got the better of me. I'm happy with it though. The screen is absolutely amazing and sharp, the speakers are so much better then I was expecting. Keyboard and mouse feel great once you get used to the mouse and both connect immediately without and installation. As a test I installed Windows and boot camp literally installs all the drivers for you without any dramas.

The experience is better than anything else you can get provided you don't mind paying extra.

I do miss messing around with computers though especially things like painting cases etc.

Probably Ubuntu for the support, definitely debian based. I love openSuse but packages just aren't there.

Kill yourself. All that post is a cancer and the only cure comes in .45ap

What the shit has this fucking hole become? A thread supposedly about Linux is being about Macs? Fuck nowadays Sup Forums, man!

Linux mint, I've been running 17.3 with cinnamon for nearly a year. The difference in Linux usability in the last few years is astounding. I very much prefer Linux now. I have a windows 8 machine as well, but I seriously think in a year or two I won't have any windows machines. Fuck windows 10..