When are they going to get good?

When are they going to get good?

The

not til rubber soul

That's what I'm hoping, and I'm about to go listen to Help and I've heard that's a bit of a step up from these four

And are rym users that much of drones to give Please Please Me and even With the Beatles fucking fives just because it's a Beatles album

Help is first album where a majority of the tracks are good. All uphill from there.

Sgt. Pepper's

How do you guys not like A Hard Day's Night, that's a great album. Simple but solid as fuck.

I rate most of Elvis' albums the same way, it's not like they were doing anything different

I mean Elvis is Back is better than any pre-Soul Beatles album

what about let it be naked?

Never listened to it, but I just realized Hollywood Bowl was cropped out which is a 0.5 star

The production's much better. Give it a listen, you might like it more

Please Please Me is one of their best albums.

I'll add it to my list but I can't promise I'll like it, I mean the only three solo albums I love by Beatles members are Wonderwall Music, Ram and Fly

OP here, just got back from listening to Help

That was a massive step up. It has a couple trash songs like the others, but for the most part the tracks were pretty good. It also has my first 5/5 Beatles track, Dizzy Miss Lizzy.

3/5 overall

Have you not looked at their top rated albums of all time? Almost everyone on that site is a mindless drone which is a pity. I want a site for pretentious albums and obscure gems topping charts...I can already go anywhere else to find the albums that are promoted on RYM.

Whatfuckingever, man. Please Please Me is in no way one of the best Beatles records. Not even close. Not even close to one of the best records of the 60s. No way.

Yeah, I have no idea how they like generic prog and dadrock so much. Only 4-6 albums on RYM's top 30 actaully deserve those spots

Sorry you can't appreciate their early work OP. With The Beatles itself practically invented the rock album format.

I recognize that, but I rate all my albums on how they sound today. Their influence was pretty good but they've kinda fell behind with much better and more interesting acts that popped up since then.

Of course it's not one of the best records of the 60s. Most of the best 60s records were bossa nova records. But Please Please Me is at least an 8/10.

Yeah, their charts only make sense if the average age of users on the site is 43, there's no context for having reverence for generic pop rock albums that have been outdated since before they were born except that they saw a critic or uncle who was alive back then rate it as being one of the best albums ever and made themselves believe the same thing

>Magical Mystery Tour
>1 star

It was weird, I thought one of the songs was okay before I listened to the album but as a whole, the album was so bad it ruined my enjoyment of that song, but I guess that happens with a lot of comps that aren't sequenced properly

>not giving every beatles issue 5 stars

Rubber Soul through Abbey Road are all at least 8/10

just don't go into them expecting the best music ever

It's Only Love is way better than a 4/10

What about Yellow Submarine?

Agree otherwise, go in expecting pop music and come out very satisfied.

>just don't go into them expecting the best music ever
i don't know about that, something is one of the best songs ever written desu

/edgelord/ general

revolver