Did Joss Whedon sabotage Captain America in both avengers movies because the character represents everything he hates...

Did Joss Whedon sabotage Captain America in both avengers movies because the character represents everything he hates?Freedom of speech, the 2nd ammendment and everything else

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2016/mar/04/joss-whedon-captain-america-75th-anniversary-story-marvel-comics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

Christ, was the costume really that bad

Unironically yes. Good thing Russos saved the character.

Looks like a teen too old for tick-or-treating but doing it anyway. Disgraceful.

nailed it. even the expression matches your description

Best suit

>the 2nd ammendment
u wot

maybe he just did it because his movie was such a flop

You mean like GoT writers and Stannis? Then yes

I like this look except for his bafflingly poorly designed helmet that ruins it. He looks like a superhero and people complain he looks like a superhero. You want everyone in black clothes like Hawkeye? Thats a non costume imo, I would prefer him to wear his costume too.

It represents him doing shady things for a corrupt government, and he wears his actual costume when he takes them down.

I remember hearing that Whedon dislikes Cap as a character but I never saw any proof or comment of his that seemed to indicate that. Is it just something people came up with to try and figure out why Cap was poorly portrayed in his movies, or is it actually documented?

No, people complain because he looks like a faggot

>Original design for avnegers
>Whedon stopped this from happening

Adding to the symbolism behind the costume change at the end of Winter Soldier, throughout the movie his shield is covered in a layer of dirt until the end. When he's assaulting the Triskelion in his old WWII costume, the shield is absolutely pristine.

Nice, never saw that before. Looks a little like Ultimate Cap.

>fuckujoss

That looks great but I love the blue fabric of what they went with over that armor plate

Sensitive Joss Whedon

Is it true that he gets rekt by these same SJWs because of something in AoU?

If so, this is fucking sad.

He wrote for Falcon Cap and subverted the Anniversary of Captain America to make it into an sjw thing, so he loves cap just not the white ones.

theguardian.com/books/2016/mar/04/joss-whedon-captain-america-75th-anniversary-story-marvel-comics

"The 75th anniversary issue of Captain America: Sam Wilson, will see Whedon work with Astonishing X-Men artist John Cassaday on a new story about the character, Entertainment Weekly reported. The issue, out on 30 March, will also feature stories “celebrating the legacy and legend of Captain America throughout history”, Marvel said, from writers and artists including Greg Rucka, Mike Perkins and Tim Sale."

I don't feel like pastebining but you get the idea.

he doesnt want the government to have a monopoly on the means of defending the public

Kino

yeah because black widow couldn't have a baby and she was traumatized about that so SJWs lost their minds that that defined her character in the movie

the suit in the avengers movies resembles the comic books. captain america always looked cheesy

He also hates The Punisher and wrote an issue where a little super powered girl defeats him in one punch, unfortunately for Whedong who doesn't read the comics he writes for the same little girl one-punched Wolverine and sent him flying through a door while Frank stayed standing so it actually made him seem more badass in comparison.

>black widow mentions she was given a hysterectomy when the KGB trained her to be an assassin and she feels like a monster
>fucking obviously she feels like a monster because shes an assassin not because shes had a hysterectomy but SJWs see their excuse and dogpile on Joss despite him being an outspoken feminist all his career

like sharks smelling blood in the water

Yes, feminists and SJWs didn't like Black Widow's character in Aou, being "dependent" on the "boys" and basically hopping from guy to guy between movies.
Which is ironic because they themselves acknowledge Black Widow being a massive slut, but chastise Renner for saying it too.

>its good because its like muh picture books

poor whedon had to delete his twitter after his fellow travelers turned on him and attacked him from all sides

SJWs dont even know whats their problem

Best suit coming through

I don't know why everyone hates this costume so much. The only costume I didn't really dig was the Age of Ultron costume because there was too much arbitrary red.

I can see why a more dignified or "realistic" costume would be appealing, but I guess to me, a more comic book-y, outlandish costume is strangely more humanizing. Think about it: Here's a guy who fought for his country (and the world at large) and thought he ultimately gave his life for it. Instead of dying with grace, his nigh-immortal superhuman status means he gets to wake up to a world where the woman he loves is dead, his closest friend is an enemy assassin, and he's still got to wear a fucking superhero costume like it's the same gee-wiz war bond advertising comic book as before. That probably wasn't Whedon's intent, but that's why I feel for the guy: The costume is a reminder of everything the world used to mean to him. It's a like a lie he has to wear as a second skin.

Correction: The woman he loves is dying.

the Avengers suit hides his ears but has these big bulges over it and its all one solid bright blue color and it looks really awkward, like it's a knock-off cosplay

Like a sore thumb.

I love this suit, only problem was his gloves being too red and big. Other than that, top tier suit for an original story.

Why didn't they just use his costume from the first Avengers flick?

why no captain america civil war?

Yeah, compared to others it looks way too bright and plastic, like he is a living toy. Also helmet makes skull appear taller and rounder which adds to comic effect. Finally without chin protection it looks not like a helmet but more of a domino mask from Batman and Robin.

Fuckin Whedon, glad he was kicked in nuts and thrown away from Marvel

They don't have reb brown version too.
Not my pic user.

Just realized the suits look good when they dont cover the whole neck. It makes Chris neck looks tiny thus making him looks weak as fuck.

Nah, it is whole costume.

God fucking dammit BRING THIS SHIT BACK RUSSOS!!

joss whedon was a faggot

I will never understand the mask

>carried ammo belt and pouches for m1 garand

Never uses or fires an M1

>wears cool leather jacket
Never actually gets cold, he's cap'n murica.

Whedon is a fucking cuck. He deslikes Cap because he representa everything a man should.be: strong, loyal to himself and others. He's a weak nu-male, of course he worships le quirky iron manlet.

Have there really been this many fucking Captain America movies?

Just, fucking why. Why do you guys line up for this goddamn bullshit, it's fucking horrible.

3 captain america movies.
2 avengers.

Cartoony plastic chestplate and silk bright white biceps also contribute, but mask is the largest offender. Also notice how slezy haircut in the last one ruins it even further

first 3 are the same movie

No, he sabotaged Avengers themselves.

Stop...this is too painful.

It looked decent in some shots without the helmet. The whole vibe was that maybe people need the classic war time Captain America in the present.

Isn't he writing a Captain America comic?

Even Cap said it might be a little old fashioned.
It's like saying "no-homo" after sucking a guy off.

It completely diffuses it.

I think there is a reason why, Cap asks Samuel Jackson if the star and stripes are not a bit dated and he answers something about well that they needed those old things, so I guess they, in this case SHIELD wanted to give him a costume that would inspire Nostalgia and hope and patriotism.

this
also why is the Cap 1 suit the only one where Cap has a weapon? why doesn't he carry a gun anymore?

Movie magic user. Look at any movie with superhero costumes and compare a shot from production to the final product.

I like his WWII costume best desu.

>implying there will ever be a better Cap cap

>why doesn't he carry a gun anymore?
Because he doesn't need one. If guns were enough to do the job then they wouldn't need superheroes.

Because guns are evil and need to be confiscated by the government.

PG movie.
They can't kill people... with guns.
Even black widow do not have gun anymore.

>Because he doesn't need one
Except in Avengers when he's literally getting shot at and needs Tony to save him

i'm so glad we will never see him in the Captain America costume again since he is now a criminal and can wear normal clothes

Whedon is a fucking hack. This is literally perfect.

cap's outfit in the avengers was designed by Coulson and he's a massive captain america fanboy (even collecting the trading cards)
so the outfit looks like it was designed by a retarded fanboy, so I think it makes sense

holy fucking shit man, and people thought whedon was a genius.

Comic books costumes are simple because most artists working in the field are talentless hacks who made a career off of nepotism and connections and thus can't afford drawing convoluted designs.

Movie have all the rights in the world to try to make them more interesting.

The Cap movies are rated PG-13

Yes she does. Did you even watch the films?

>she does
Not in civil war. Just her electric bracelets.

Pretty sure she shoots some dudes in the opening scene.

Only with electricity.

Oh, i remember. She shot 1 dude with a biological weapon.
But not her gun.

Gets a pass because Coulson designed it and he's a cap fanboy and a nerd, so it's supposed to be campy.

Betcha it's unintentional tho and it's just a result of whedon being a gigantic hack.

It takes time even for good artists to draw complex things. Art takes time but you probably won't ever try to understand that and think they just need to "try harder" and "stop being lazy"

Pretty much this, notice that it looks almost identical to the original felt posterboy outfit.

He gets shot like 50 times in Winter Soldier cause he's going easy on Bucky, still not enough to stop him.

>had to delete his Twitter
>had to

I bet you believe in online bullying too

not defending joss but the 2nd amendment is the biggest mistake of the USA

not ever person should be able to own a gun

Whedon is a cancerous faggot who needs to fuck off. He's had his day in the sun.

I always thought that was the ppoint of CapAm.
He has a shield, something to protect people with, that can also fuck people up.

It's how america sees its armed forces and it's kinda true. The US could have planted a flag in Germany, Japan, Iraq etc and called them their own, but they didn't.

>mfw the US isn't all that bad.

>not defending joss but the 2nd amendment is the biggest mistake of the USA
I disagree
>not ever person should be able to own a gun
I agree, good thing they don't and can't

I think the 2nd amendment would be fine if it said rifle.
You can have a rifle if you pay for it.
You can have a handgun if you register and pay for it.

>t. britcuck

Woah. Sorry Rembrandt is too dead to make that Captain America book you've always wanted.

>spotted the Marxist

What's the matter? Is it just a little harder to control the masses in America than it is elsewhere, and we don't like that?

I once saw a movie wher eonly the government had guns. It was called Schindler's List.

that literally changes nothing.

I shouldn't ask you for permission to have a right.

Isn't that what you faggots said when you over-ruled democracy to force trans bathrooms and gay marriages onto the masses and begun persecuting those who didn't sign off on it?

Enforce the criminal gun laws for fucking once. Every day teen sons of Obama and "dreamers" get busted for gun crimes and are NEVER charged with underage possession of a weapon and assault with a deadly weapon, and are instead down-charged to only the crime such as robbery for what they used the illegal guns for.

Enforce our fucking laws instead of going after the law-abiding for once.

But judging by Hillary walking a free woman and tens of millions of illegals in our country, you people don't care much for enforcing our laws.

If you pull it off, he will die

The guy who made Kingdom Come has no problem with that and neither do people like Takehiko Inoue.

Greedy publishers want to dish out stuff fast tho and they value quantity over quality cause manchilds have shit taste and can't tell good and bad art apart.

Perfect from head to knees.

Suddenly karrimor.

D R O P P E D

They almost brought something similar.

Kingdom come wasn't a monthly, and it probably took Ross months to do all those. There's a reason he mostly only does covers.

I don't know who that other dude is, weeb.

They did too, he wears something very similar in the ending.