Which one should I join Sup Forums? Army, Navy or Air Force?

Which one should I join Sup Forums? Army, Navy or Air Force?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEIm3pe5wbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Coast Guard.

You experience in any branch, and any duty station is what you make of it. The medical benefits are good, except for vision. It only covers glasses. Navy likes to give motrin a lot, it's not a joke. One of my friends tore a ligament in her foot, doc gave her motrin and said to keep off it. No MRI, nothing.

I'm a little biased towards Navy, but it just comes down to what you want to do. If you go Navy, it's not guaranteed you're always on a ship. That's what's nice about aviation like me, you're attached to a squadron, not a ship, for the duration of your orders. Our detachments go to a boat for 6 months at a time, but most of that is spent in Japan on shore.

SIt down, figure out what you like to do, and look at each branch for those jobs. MOS in Army, I think, Navy calls them Rates. Not sure about Chair Force.

Do this if you want to learn how to bedazzle uniforms and get laughed at by the real military. Shit, my squadron does the Coasties job here because they can't do it themselves.

I just enlisted in the navy i dont ship off to bootcamp for another 9 months though, i joined the navy for technical skills and also the opportunity to maybe gain a few college credits while enlisted.

Depends, US I presume?
I wouldn't go navy just because they look like faggots, but that's just me. I'm in the British Royal Air Force and I joined it because of the qualifications I get along side my work.
You should do what I did and go to an office or something where you can drop in and speak to people who represent all 3. Tell them about yourself and what you'd kinda like to do. They'll probably ask you some questions about yourself and they'll point you in the right direction.
Again, I did this in the UK, so things may work different in the US.

Depends on a lot of things.

What type of job are you hoping to have?

Do you enjoy being treated like a fucking child? How do you feel about physical activity? How about being outside and doing... stuff? Give us some details

Also how are you weight-wise? Are you a fatty and/or easily become fat if you neglect to give a shit? Do you like to run, like, all the fucking time? Do you enjoy working with complete jackasses?

The answer to the last question is irrelevant. Every branch has fucking insufferable idiots and people who are literally garbage human beings.

You should join Isis lol

You can get a full on certification just by doing your job. I can get my FFA Airframes and Powerplant Mechanic license just by doing my work and logging the hours.

Start working out now for boot. It'll make it a lot easier.

Nah, it's pretty much the same here depending on the city. My recruiters were in the same building as the Chair Force and Marine guys, Army was a few buildings down. They're like used car salesmen, but they'll get a feel for your interests and show you what's available and open.

Reserves.

Paid to shitpost.

Absolutely disgusting.

Reservists are a good concept, but I hate when they act like they're hot shit. Like, mothefucker, you pretend military four days a month. You're a step above airsofters.

Yeah, it was funny going and speaking to the recruiters because when I said I had spoken to the others you could tell that there was competition between them.
The navy pretty much told me immediately that I may want to look in to the Air Force but the army really tried to sway me.
Recruiter for the army was smoking hot too, damn.

That's how they get you. "Oh, there's hot chicks in the Army? Fuck yeah, lets join!"

Then you get there and it's all Jabba the Hutt.

Depends on the job you want. Don't let them tell you what is available, pick what you want and just say no till you get it.

Mah nigga. You in Sasebo or Yoko?

I had the same experience. Air Force recruiters didn't seem to give a fuck about me, but the Army was on my fucking dick.

Pretty much this, but just know you might have to wait a while until it opens up. Definitely don't fucking settle for some shit job just because the one you wanted isn't open.
You're gonna have a bad time.

If you're joining the Army, no matter what you're gonna have a bad time.

Kek, I never thought about it that way
I was originally just going in to the air force as an engineer, but I was told that if I stayed in college (brit college) one more year and got my qualifications I could go in as an officer or a pilot.
That one year made such a difference. I'm up about 12k a year as a starting salary because of it.

Air Force has their pick of recruits. Army has to find ways to make fools want to sign up to get shot at.

Not true. Get what you want and you might have a good time. I was an MP, enjoyed the shit out of my time in the army. Did more before 8AM than most people..... yada, yada, yada.

Do you know the kind of certifications i can get as a CTR, also any insights into the job?

Army if you have any balls.
Navy if you like to fondle balls.
Air Force if you have the physique of a clerk or an accountant, but still want to dress up and pretend to be a soldier.
Marines if you have twice the balls as the Army dudes and are clinically insane.

That's pretty much the metric.

The navy has been good to me. Extra pay and the girls love the uniforms. If you have the balls for it try to get in to the submarine service.

Army gives you college credit as well as the Navy. My basic got me like six credit hours and AIT (Navy A School) got me twenty-four credit hours.

I actually love my job and was lucky as all hell to get it. Its one of those MOS's where nobody fucking knows what it is until they finally get to AIT.
I like my unit, most of my peers, and I'm probably going to reenlist.

But. Y'know. Army just kind of fucks with your happiness and patience sometimes, but in the end it has been a positive experience for me.

I went Army. Did not have a bad time. But I also wasn't a pussy, so I had that going for me...

I've watched Marines training in 2015. They aren't making Marines anymore. Just teaching kids how to cosplay the part.

Never seen a bigger pile of pussies with attitude in my life. 20 years ago Army basic was tougher than that. It's a sad world we live in.

Hrmmm could you perhaps be a sierra or quebec??? ;)

Duly noted. I went through over 20 years ago, myself - and back then, that metric was pretty damned accurate (in my opinion). I did meet a punk-ass young ex-marine recently that I wanted to slap right through a fucking window, but at the time I assumed it was a one-off.

Jesus, all of them now? Seriously?!?

I think (and its just my opinion, no basis in fact) that it's all about expectations and what you're going there for. A lot of people think going in the service is going to magically transform them or solve some kind of problem they have. It's not about that and people who think that are going to be disappointed.

I've also noticed that a lot of people go in to get a particular skill or type of training and I'm not knocking that at all but if you're there to learn how to be "whatever" and in order to get that you have to be a soldier full time for a while (but didn't really ever want to do that) then you're going to not be as happy as somebody who goes in to be a soldier. That's regardless of MOS.

OP here. Thanks for the advice.
We're talking about the german military by the way, should have mentioned that.

I imagine they make a few in a secret facility out of sight of the SJW's and progs just to keep America from collapsing completely but people going in and looking for R. Lee Ermey ain't gonna find him today. He only lives on TV now.

The Marines suffered most from the changes to the military because they had the most to lose.

I'll second that.
I went in to go to war. My expectation was to go to war. My tolerance for nuisances like muddy boots and scraped knees was accordingly high. I did not get my panties in a knot when the chow was cold or if field showers were less than weekly.

I can easily imagine someone with a different motivation and mindset, having a very different experience.

I'm with the squadron, I've got a while before they'll put me on det. I think our guys went to Okinawa? I'm really not sure. Wherever the BHR goes.

Yes, never settle. My old Supervisor waited for 4 months before the rate she wanted opened up and she got in it. No matter what they tell you, until you sign the contract at MEPS, you can get up and walk away at any time. They will lie to you about that because it cost a lot of money to get you there.

That's with every branch. There's some cute guys and gals here, and there's some that look like they stuck their face in a blender.

I've never worked with any of them, they're secret squirrels. I can't access USMAPS, but here's cool: cool.navy.mil/usn/enlisted/ctr htm

Neato.

I had the whole family history thing behind me and it's all I really ever wanted to do as a kid. Think the NCO version of Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump. One of my family in the army going back forever (except for my dad who either pussied-out or didn't take the bait depending on how you look at things) so it was a foregone conclusion I would go.

Hell Christmas for me was usually sprinkled with ammo and shit from Army surplus stores.

On an LHD. Fuck that noise. Sorry bro.

Wow. Are you, um... me?

Air Force obviously, they have the Stargate

Army, air force if you're not retarded and want an easy job

It's alright. We spend like, a month tops on her. That USNS det is killer though, really hoping I get on that.

went usaf for 6 years in cyber ops, now I'm pullin in 6 figures in a chushy contractor job and barely have any work

If you get on the RR and my team is deployed on at the same time, I'll get you fucked up and let you use our FADL to bang ship talent.

air. i'd like to see you fall.

Regan isn't in our normal dets, so I'd probably have to PCS to get on her. I'm hoping I can pick up orders to SD after here, but that's gonna be three years.

my friend was in the national guard. He says he has PTSD because he had to point his gun at someone once. He never even fired it the entire time he was deployed. Which was like a few months. We stopped talking to him because he started acting like he was Mr. Big Shit ever since he came back

7-8% attrition rate according to the DOD for AF boot. Okie dokie mate.

FAA and no you can't.

Dear god. Meanwhile on a carrier, people are watching deck monkeys getting their legs ripped off by snapped cables, ain't no claims of PTSD. There's just something about reserves that attracts pussies and wannabes. I'm sure there's some good people in there.

I can't? Funny, I'm looking at it right now...

yeah but not from just "doing your job"

Rate?

Nah, I think we're just pretty common people. No disrespect meant by that. I think there used to be a lot more of us though.

Sorry to disappoint you but the reservists are not a good military concept. It's too long to explain but is not a good concept.

Good choice in my opinion

I was going to enlist a year ago (Britfag here) because I wanted to go to war, push myself and pretty much bring back the family tradition. But I found that the Army recruiters promoted the idea of team-building and outdoor activities, Navy was about playing sport, and the RAF was engineering.

I must admit it deterred me.

Mmhmm. The way it was explained from the CCC, that's pretty much it.

It is a good concept. Keep active duty small and save cost, but have a large backup for when it's needed. In practice, not a real good concept.

Don't join army because they are down sizing the fuck out of it, also infantryfag here

We've all got that friend if we spent any time in the Nasty or the Reserve. I don't know how it works now but it used to be they enlisted you for 8 and you spent some portion of it in reserve. Maybe you did 6 active and 2 reserve, or 4/4, 2/6, or whatever. You could do 8/0 but back when I went in even recruiters discouraged you from doing it. If you miss it you can always go back in I guess.

Everybody knew that one guy who went to drills once a month and came back with more stories than guys who were active and deployed overseas. Just bullshit artists telling stories. I have very few "stories" but a guy I know who was just your basic reservist once told my story back to me. I just laughed it off and let him keep it in his collection of shit he didn't do. If he needed that bad he was welcome to it.

OP here. German army is expanding at the moment.

This is a fact. It's all fun and games but it's really not any faster to ramp up a reserve unit than it is to go draft a bunch of guys and train them. I mean sure you can get the reserve unit there faster but they're not gonna what the fuck they're doing and they're all going to be out of shape and pissed off that they had to actually fulfill their obligation (with some exceptions of course).

E-1

They should. Crusades are hell on manpower and you guys are going to be fighting one in our lifetime.

watch out Poland

>system of warfare used since the Greek city states needed to defend themselves
Against
>Mr.anons astute opinion from his computer chair

Gee wizz Bill, better get on the phone to Obama, there has been a breakthrough.

Well I wish you luck brother, I say that because they are closing a lot of things on our base like defac(chow halls), MWR(it's like a recreation center), and they just have a ton of idiots who run this place

you do get the hours from your job, but they don't just hand that shit out, you have to take two written tests and a practical for both airframes and power plants portions, must be a mech ya'll will believe anything

Yeah, if you're in Poland and hear this in the distance you need to run

youtube.com/watch?v=jEIm3pe5wbA

>2k16
>serve in military
>not in private sector

Why you no list Marines?

Former Marine here. My kid is in boot camp right now.
If you're going to be in the military, why not be in the military?

this

Germany has no marines. All special forces are part of the army.

He means rating, I think.

Two written tests and a practical?

So basically handing it out. Got it.

We call them AFSC. And you're not wrong. I'm basically getting payed $22.3/hr just to look at a computer screen all day. I know why we got that nickname, and I'm not ashamed.

OP, don't go Air if you want to do something exciting with your life. The only people that get put in any real danger for us would be TAC-P, PJs, or Battlefield Airmen. The rest of us are pretty much administrative personnel or wrench turners.

>Army, Navy or Air Force
Why do you think Navy or Air Force are out the army?

it's a federal certification, not a fucking USMAP

I watched a Dirt Boy bang a machete and a file together for three hours because he was bored.

If you were ever a Marine, you'd know there's no such thing as a former Marine.
Once a Marine, always a Marine. Semper Fi.

They're seperated in germany.