What's up with this Snyder obsession with Bible symbolism?

What's up with this Snyder obsession with Bible symbolism?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/features/2016-zack-snyder-profile/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't see it. could you make it more blatantly obvious for me?

Babby's first symbolism

It's not like Snyder is able to grasp even that

That's not referring to the Bible, that's referring to a Renaissance artwork.

This never even happened. The last supper doesn't exist. Stop believing people existed.

still not quite sure. boy Zack must be a genius, it's all way over my heaad

>Happy retirement, Jesus

kek

that opening sequence is all reenactments of famous photos, paintings and acts by the superheroes. its supposed to show that its a different world with different timeline. its not supposed to be subtle and vague

>it's supposed to be abd

Because Biblical Jesus symbolism is the most overt and accessible symbolism in any media.

It doesn't even need to mean anything - a little nod of the head to Jesus and a baseline lowest denominator viewer believes there's something profound going on.

>He was raised as a Christian Scientist
>Snyder has eight children
>Snyder and his current wife adopted two children during the course of making Man of Steel.

>bloomberg.com/features/2016-zack-snyder-profile/

What point are capeshit directors even attempting to make when they make these heavy handed biblical references? Is it just an attempt to add a veneer of "maturity" to their manchild dirge?

Yours is shit

Snyder's symbolism is just cheap garbage. He doesn't even use it to advance the narrative or add any depth.

There's this one hipster faggot at my gym that always brings in a huge copy of The Brothers Karamazov to read while he's on the bike. He's apparently been reading the same book for over a year now and it appears that he's still lost somewhere in the first chapter. That's Zack Snyder.

put some effort in at least

Yes. They're trying to bring credibility to schlock.

It's funny seeing manchildren fanboys squabble over capeshit companies without realising it's all the same shit.

>it's supposed to be abed

This post reveals your ignorance and failed attempt at interpreting the imagery.

>it's a Sup Forums is too dumb for a mid-tier director thread
love these ones

He's autistic and imagines it's somehow inheritly deep. He's a Faggot.

God is great. That's why.

I didn't see watchmen, but in MoS and BvS it seems to mostly convey how humanity looks upon Superman and projects godhood upon him.

its really only snyder. Every other capeshit director knows they're making shit.

Yes, essentially. They're trying to play to the intellectual crowd the same way Ian Malcolm did. The sad thing is capeshit does it so bad everything about it reeks of trying.

>how do we show how humanity projects godhood on this figure with literally godlike powers
>i know, I'll show him next to pictures of jesus alot
>i'll also have him pose like jesus. alot.

why does Batman have a fedora?

It's astounding that people are somehow unable to recognize this.

You sound insecure about something.

Let it all out user, it's okay

allows plebs to think they are watching film

there is not a person alive who doesn't recognize it.

Everyone recognizes that. Most people are just able to recognize that it's cheap and totally uninteresting.

bless you my children

its the only book he ever read

ITS DEEP!!!

>I did recognize it!

>zack snyder
>being literate

>mfw the planes in the foreground

He's very uncreative. He just takes famous works of art, or puts incredibly obvious allusions to Jesus.

I'm not sure why but 99% of the posts I see overtly complaining about Snyder are so idiotic and just radiate ignorance.

hes got books on tape yo

There are no planes in the foreground. There are some in the background, though.

yea, its pretty scary how snyder keeps getting work.

Haha I've never noticed that. Here. Have another rare cia.

It has a thematic use, so I can't complain

It is pretty confusion how it goes over people's heads. Everyone wants to be spoonfed now days, or at least, the capeshit audience does.

This trash is embarrassing.

There should be a piss jar on the table.

That is absolutely something you're telling yourself to validate your shit taste.

Zack Snyder, the one true capekinographer

>He doesn't even use it to advance the narrative or add any depth.

kek Fucking pleb.

Believe what you will.

Based Snyder is ahead of his time

>pleb
This really carries no weight when it comes from someone that reads comic books and watches "superhero" movies. Even pathetic video games faggots are above you.

Hi Whedon

Layering symbolism and deeper meaning into a film does not automatically make it a good film.

It does not make up for shit pacing, nonsensical plot, stupid, unbelievable character interactions and events, and the ridiculous amount of plot holes. Symbolism in BvS is wasted on a shit movie.

I wish there was a videogame half as compelling as MoS, too bad that's never going to happen.

>Marvel nu-males hate Snyder

I'm not surprised. After all, their idols are Peyton Reed and Joss Whedon.

Seeing an alpha male like Zack Snyder causes them to remember how they were bullied by an alpha male and uncomfortable and lash out the only way they know how -impotently typing out hateful words on a Japanese jpeg board. Some, like Ant-Man director Peyton Reed when shown a statement from a capeflick rumor monger saying "DC directors can physically beat up Marvel directors," choose to withdraw into safe spaces instead. It's little wonder why Sup Forums connects with Marvel more.

>It does not make up for shit pacing, nonsensical plot, stupid, unbelievable character interactions and events, and the ridiculous amount of plot holes.

It works for Marvel and Fox though.

That's what your mother said when you were born.

>my movie isn't shit because the movies it competes against are shit

Nothing I said has anything to do with marvel or fox.

I still do not quite understand the reference...

He's the boldest and most uncompromising mainstream director right now. Only people who hate him are cucks.

No it doesn't. Your post reveals your fanboism.

Snyder is a middle-of-the-road director making capeshit. His movies are littered with obvious symbolism because that's what he's been instructed to do. Marvel locked down the family friendly capeshit market so WB decided they'd wrap their movies in a nonsensical, jarring "maturity" in the hopes that people like you would look for something that isn't there.

Terms like "graphic novel" are invented for fanboys to feel ok about consuming their kiddie media.

social dissonance: the post

Alright...

*takes off specs*

Let me tell you what's wrong with Mr. Zack Snyder. To put it simply, his only problem is that he doesn't care about nerd culture. That's it. That's all. Satisfied? Good. Now run along and join the other sheep. Bye. Bye!

*sits there*

Oh, you're still here? Good, you've passed the test. The truth is yes, Zack IS too careless, but he's merely guilty of disregarding TOO much nerd culture. Alright, picture this- you're walking through the English countryside and see a cinema. In this cinema you see a film, a film very different from the Simon Pegg-esque upper middle class quip oriented flicks you're used to. Through seeing this film you are shown things- wondrous things. Now, up until this moment you're just a normal bloke. You watch Netlix on the weekend, talk to uni friends on facebook, have a joke and a share witty conversations between classes and generally get on with your life. But this moment changes the entire paradigm. It's something you genuinely never thought possible, but guess what? It happened. It happened and it can't unhappen. Deal with it.

So what do you do? That's the million dollar question, right? What do YOU do? Do you keep it to yourself? Sure, that would make things much easier, but why do that? Why keep it to yourself? Why do something simply because you're in fear of stepping out of the small, narrow box that society has put you in? That's the definition of, to use a much used modern phrase, a cuck. Yes, a cuck.

At the end of the day Zack Snyder is, at the very least, not a cuck. That's something he has over most people here. And that, I think, is something that must be said.

just one of these represents exponentially more thought/effort than zack snyder exerted over the course of his entire career.

>nerd culture

Keep telling yourself that

I don't need to. It speaks for itself. I also don't need to make an infographic (or 20) to convince others, as its blatantly obvious to everyone who doesn't have literal shit for brains.

All Snyder, baby.

I don't need to=I can't

typical nu male

see

>Watching Watchmen with commentary
>we shot it like this because it uhhhh looked awesome
>we shot it like this because uhhh it looked great
>people actually argue his intelligence and read this deep into his jock storytelling

Absolutely everyone sees it. It's incredibly hamfisted.

>thinking that capeshit is cryptic and inaccessible to anyone

>Absolutely everyone sees it
you are deluded

>adopted 2 children
Snyder is the guy from my wife's son meme

>MoS and BvS isn't spoonfeeding

It is bottom of the barrel. Spoonfeeding at it's worst.

No it doesn't. It just tries go draw a paralel with Jesus. And it fails horrible because Jesus never killed somebody and when he got caught he accepted his destiny.

lol, pleb

>non stop questions about character motivations every day since the movie was released
yeah, way too overt in the exposition.

It's the easiest symbolism; both to apply and to recognize.

Great argument.

I'm sure your bedroom is full of batman toys... I mean collectible figurines.