Brush off your fishnet stockings and mesh t-shirts, it's time for a Nine Inch Nails thread

Brush off your fishnet stockings and mesh t-shirts, it's time for a Nine Inch Nails thread.

Let's talk:
>favourite albums
>favourite live performances & concert videos
>best band lineups
>new EP / reissue hype

and anything else that comes to mind.

NIN has one of the best fanbases in all of rock music - let's see if there are any of you fucking pigs on Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DL-kJyx0jCg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ctr6wPf2hx8
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvm6xe8sRf0
youtube.com/watch?v=whVtrLrTWwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nin fan here

my favorite album is the fragile so i am very excited about deviations.

i heard that nin were inspired by godflesh, and if so, i think that's great because i also love godflesh a lot.

is deviations literally just going to be instrumental versions of all the songs on The Fragile?

I'm stoked for all of it. I've been a huge NIN fan for a long time. I may be more excited fro Deviations than the new EP.

Some instrumentals, some alternate versions, some new songs from the Instrumental version from Apple Music, and some NEW new songs.

"Can I Stay Here?" rules.

Let's share custom Fragile playlists to tide us over until the 23/12. Go!

How bout I just tell you how much I like Into The Void

That and every other song, but you know.

I use the vinyl track list. That's it.

Alright user, let's hear your methodology for this playlist

So I'm a pleb and I just finished this for the first (and second) time today, and holy fuck is this thing good. Production quality, trent's vocals, eerie feel. Definitely looking into more industrial albums after this.
Favorite track: Closer
Least favorite: Big Man With A Gun
Starting tomorrow I'm finishing Pretty Hate Machine, can't wait.

i feel like everybody likes big man with a gun the least, myself included. i've always been drawn to the title track, though. you'll love the fragile if you can imagine nin being art rock

I was really heavily into this from like 15-17 and listened to it today for the first time in approximately 7 years - this shit is really, really good.

I totally agree that the production is top-tier. Every NIN album since TDS sounds like it could have been released YESTERDAY; the production on this and The Fragile in particular was extremely forward-looking and pristine.

The songwriting on this album is, on the whole, better than The Fragile, which includes some real stinkers (Starfuckers, Inc. for example). The Fragile is kind of overlong but at the same time includes some of NIN's all-time best material.

Oh god, do you think AATCHB/Still might get vinyl releases?

I don't like Big Man With A Gun mostly because it feels like it's unnecessary and kinda breaks the pace of the album. It would be fine if the album was less serious. Honorable mentions for favorites go to Heresy and The Becoming, maybe Hurt.

i heard they planned on doing it to all of their albums, and even though AATCHB/Still is technically not a studio album i feel like it still has the possibility of getting a vinyl release

>there are people that think Broken is better than TDS

that's probably the reason why we all don't like it. trent himself admitted he would have taken it off the album, and that it was to basically make fun of gangstap rap that was misogynistic.

So fucking hype for the new material.

Favorite albums
1. The Fragile
2. Downward Spiral
3. With Teeth
4. Year Zero
5. The Slip

>new EP/ reissue hype

really excited for the new EP, wish i had money to buy the Deviations LP.

Pretty Hate?

not my favorite desu

Kill Yourself

And all that could have been is actually me favorite, im more into quiet stuff

Sorry i was meaning the still version

Anyone here who checked out some of the other members' music? Cortini's work is pretty good, I especially like Modwheelmood. I always liked Aaron North as guitarist and it's too band his project never took off. Saw his band Jubilee live in Belfast with about 10 audience members total kek.

Former nin fan here, it's hilarious watching trent crash and burn. But seriously we can't let this guy near the nuclear codes!

Wow, that's retarded

Preordered the new EP. I wonder what's the physical component.

Goddamn their Woodstock 1994 performance was great

Hesitation Marks is good, I wasn't aware there was a new release since I sort of drifted away from NIN for quite some time and finished listening to it. I'd say it's a good reflection on Trent's past career, he seems disenfranchised with himself though.

Why wasn't this released on The Fragile? It sounds fitting enough.

Me too. The description was very ambiguous.
>for you to deal with
Do you think Trent would ship live animals?

Big Man With A Gun is a very important part of the album and its concept. It is what the album was building up to the entirety time to the point that Mr.Self Destruct and BMWAG have the same speed. It is the point of no return where the protagonist cannot be redeemed as he starts to do the things he blamed Ruiner for.

>GOD TIER
>Pretty Hate Machine
Fuck no

Some other user said it's probably a pic of Trent in a swimsiut with "happy new year!" written on it.
Sounds good to me.

Album rating
This is really hard, I do not know how to rate the albums, there is no single album from Trent that I do not like
>The Downward Spiral (nothing will EVER touch this)
>The Fragile
>Hesitation Marks
> With_Teeth
>Year Zero
>The Slip
>Broken
>Pretty Hate Machine

This is really hard. I feel bad for putting Broken that low, as I listen to it a lot, all of it, it's amazing discography, I just dislike some parts of Pretty Hate Machine, only work from him that is out-dated, Broken is just little outdated due to the poor sound quality, can't wait for the remaster of that, that album needs it.

It's probably a part of the concept the EP is going for, Trent stated it is telling a story. So the object will be part of it. The wording sounds really vague and kinda creepy.

It sounds like the EP will probably be pretty heavy.

I like the Australia compilation here. Mariqueen comes out and they play Ice Age and BBB. They are so cute together. CUTE.

youtube.com/watch?v=DL-kJyx0jCg

WHERE'S GHOSTS V-VIII

I was very pleasantly surprised by Hesitation Marks, seems like a sequel to The Downward Spiral, it works like that if you view it as a concept album of the protagonist surviving his suicide attempt in TDS and trying to get things back in Hesitation Marks. Really made me feel like I was going on a journey.

The art also tells it might be somehow related to Still. God damn it Trent got me so hyped for this EP.

>Trentgettingcucked.jpg

>year zero shit
>fixed poor
>PHM god

lol kys
you got the building blocks, but not the architecture

Hesitation Marks = Pretty Hate Machine
Not The Actual Events = Broken
????? = The Downward Spiral

Get fucking hyped.

I just wonder what the name of the EP means
Could it be somehow relavant to fake news? The track list may be connected to Global Warming, something Trent is really cautios about.

>NIN has one of the best fanbases in all of rock music
lol
about as cancerous as Radiohead crowd

Look Ogre, chill the fuck out. You had your shot 20 years ago and you pissed it all away.

Manson's latest preview to his new album was fucking embarassing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ctr6wPf2hx8

YOU SAY GOD
I SAY SAY-TEN
...do you-g-et i t guys?..Wh-when you say "Say ten" it sounds like "satan"!..Aahha I am so clever, i'm a genius

prestissimo

God Manson was always cringy but now it's just ridiculous.

Long time nin fan here favourite album would be Still and track AATCHB for me. The emotion and musicianship on that record is something trent never found again.

There's some rumors it was about Aaliyah, who died before the release and was in talks with Reznor about doing a collaboration. She was apparently a huge fan of his.

This.

WITH_TEETH is underrated. I get that it sounds like just a generic rock album, but to me the whole thing is front to back an album about Reznor personifying his addiction into a woman he both loves and hates.

It's like how Sanctified was about his Crack Pipe and early use before mvoing on to Coke and liqour. only a whole album about it

Have you heard the update to Sanctify?

youtube.com/watch?v=Mvm6xe8sRf0

He needs to do this to the whole album. I do like the original, but it would be an interesting thing for him to revisit the album.

With_Teeth is one of the most personal albums right next to The Fragile, I personally love it. As it is about drugs it is also about over-coming his depression and finding his place in the world and showing just how difficult it is.

Every Day Is Exacty The Same is almost without any doubts about rehab or just suffering from depression.

youtube.com/watch?v=whVtrLrTWwE

>“Many years ago, a young and naive Nine Inch Nails were asked what TV shows they’d be interested in appearing on. As a joke (and likely drunk), they thought of the most absurd choice they could come up with at the time.

>They were then informed their bluff had been called and were actually booked on said show (thanks again Sioux Z). They hopped in their Honda Civic touring vehicle (hatchback) and travelled many miles to (I think) NJ for the big show.

>They had a laugh making fun of the people, their fashion choices and hairstyles. Life was good. Years later, the internet is discovered… There’s a moral in there somewhere.

>Come to think of it, Skrillex may indeed owe me some publishing on that hairdo…”

-Trent Reznor 2012

Dancing to Down In It, song about suicide and falling into depression.

This is fucking amazing.

OFFICIAL REVISED (TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE PRETENDING TO BE OBJECTIVE) NIN STUDIO RELEASE RANKINGS
1. The Fragile
2. The Downward Spiral
3. Broken
4. Year Zero
5. Hesitation Marks
6. Ghosts I-IV
7. The Slip
8. With Teeth
9. Pretty Hate Machine

I was so hyped to discover that they still sold this shirt.

That's a good one. Unfortunately there's like 3 good shirts in NIN store

PHM t-shirt is good too

this

Yeah, I also like the Ghosts one

post the cover you use desu