Why everyone hate this movies?

Why everyone hate this movies?
I think they're both great
both better than Frozen anyway

Add Titan AE to that list and you've got my favorite cartoon based guilty-pleasure trilogy.

People hate these?
I think they're awesome.

>Le Hidden Gem Syndrome: When an overall well made but obviously flawed film is a critical and/or financial failure causing its devout snowflake fanbase to inflate it's quality in a defense against no attack

Nobody hates those movies. They just rightfully got mixed reviews and were bombs for reasons that likely had nothing to do with quality.

They weren't really Disney movies is the problem I think. They lacked that sort of Disney feel and appear to be another studio's take on a sci-fi cartoon without the Disney touch. The style was very non-disney and it put me off, though they were decent, I was expecting somethibg else.

They weren't hated just box office bombs.

i love treasure planet. it has one of my fav father son relationships with john silver and jim hawkins. also i really want that cyborg hand

perfect.

They weren't money makers for the studio. You gotta sell merch.
>I had a toy crystal that lit up.

Atlantis is disney kino, also pic related

CAUSE I'M STILL HERE

I fucking love the concept of Treasure Planet, I wish it had more interesting characters but its an alright movie

HAHAH this bombed so badly that the studio wants to forget it exists. The girl despite being a princess isn't even in the disney princess lineup.

the villain in this is great iirc

cool movie though

Black Cauldren is the most average middle of the road fantasy movie ever conceived. It absolutely deserves the obscurity it has.

Yeah I thought people liked both of these

Disney just required the rights so I guess they're taking another shot at it. I would assume in live action for the YA crowd.

This movie spooked me good when I was a kid - I barely remember it though

They sold the rights?

I would assume they just expired at some point in the three decades they sat around.

Literally the greatest Disney kino.
>TFW disney will never make a movie so dark and whimsical ever again.

why can't you just like things that are actually good

It doesn't matter if they're popular

why are you like this

Ive never met anybody that didnt like those movies

Nimh>ADGTH>Land Before Time>Mulan>Atlantis>Beauty And The Beast>Zootopia>Treasure Planet>Titan AE>Iron Giant>The Rescuers>Oliver and Company

What a meme. This movie is garbage.

John Hurt and the villain and any scenes involving the villain were absolutely based but everything else was trash. All I can really remember is the dog is worse than Jar Jar, the princess says I'M PRINCESS ELIONWY I'M PRINCESS ELIONWY I'M PRINCESS ELIONWY about thirty times in most annoying squeaky voice, the protag is a plank and the Flershmurga Burga old man is a useless character that contributes nothing to the story. As in literally useless as in nothing in the movie would change if he didn't exist.

I love fantasy but this is complete misfire. Watch Dragonslayer for prime Disney 80's fantasy kino

what do you think you're doing?

I was trying to work it out too. His list is totally incoherent.

Oliver and company is based as fuck though

A comparison of a few animated films from different studios.
But nothing really amazing happens, just like in The Aristocats. Both are still good though.

I WANT A MOMENT TO BE REAL
WANNA TOUCH THINGS I DON'T FEEL

The change in style and direction really did give a weird feel. Atlantis had a bit of a Disney feel, while Treasure Planet was a retelling of a well-known classic so can still admit they are Disney in the end, but it's not what people expected so they failed to keep audiences coming like what came before.

Basically the same reason is ignored too. The Black Cauldron was pretty good, had some hints of Disney, but was so out of style for what audiences had come to expect they avoided it. Hell, for the longest time I thought it was some other studio who made it because it didn't fit the Disney I grew up with.

This is essentially the equivalent of typecasting (for lack of a better term), but for an animation studio. Even though other movies of theirs were equally derivative in ways, the fact they were bluntly Disney was enough to keep people in seats. People couldn't imagine any other way being "good" and thus avoided it.

I just realized who she looks liks

>a brown disney Uma Thurman