Why do albums like the one in pic and other art rock get lambasted a lot here...

Why do albums like the one in pic and other art rock get lambasted a lot here? Is there some stupid rule here that it's impossible to have subtleties in music while being very poppy? The fact that people can appreciate more abrasive yet complex works yet not these more poppy ones starts to honestly show just how pleb this place is when it comes to picking up on the artistic subtleties of music.

revolver and Ziggy arent art rock albums you baffoon

What fucking coke are you on that makes you think Ziggy and OK Computer aren't praised on here?

Loveless is currently the most posted album on this board and that's very, very poppy.

Putting ''art-'' in front of a pop genre doesn't make it better.

they're all good albums. listen to what you want to listen to. who fucking cares?

They are. Stop using goddamn RYM for your distinctions and actually look up history.

>Bowie thread gets made
>People shitting on Ziggy while praising what is usually his Berlin Trilogy even though it contains far less depth than Ziggy

True, but unlike the albums in pic, Loveless is considered good because of the depth it offers in various production and studio effects, not songwriting.

Missing the point, and in a way proving it, too here. Look up exactly what the term art rock means.

You're either new here, or oblivious to the phenomena I mention. Either way not the target of this thread.

I think you're just taking the pretentious and contrarian nature of this community to seriously

it has more to do with them being talked about to death than the actual quality of the music. anyone saying that any of those albums is terrible is just trying to get a rise out of someone

No, they aren't you fucking moron!

the Berlin trilogy would be an example of Bowie being artsy or the Beatles on the white album for certain songs, not revolver

Learn what art rock actually is before posting your stupid asinine shitposts

rock is overated shite

Art rock is a subgenre of rock music that generally reflects a challenging or avant-garde approach to rock, or which makes use of modernist, experimental, or unconventional elements.

OP = REKT

No, I get what you're saying... But who cares? Just listen to what you like to listen to. Nerds on the internet are gonna be nerds on the internet.
For example, if you don't like "Dark Side" you're either a hipster contrarian or you just don't honestly understand the album to start with.
But isn't this all subjective? What *is* good? Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, none of what we call "reality" never mattered and we live on a pale dot floating in an endless void made up of nothingness? What does it mean to you? What does it mean to me? ISN'T iT INTERESTING?!

art rock is my ASS so fuck you

Sup Forums adores all of those albums but Dark Side
Lurk moar pls

LCIK MY FUCKING DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

>!

not him but please fuck off to reddít

I am not talking about the guys who are obviously doing that. Rather I am talking about the guys who take it seriously here. Like all of Sup Forums, there's always a percentage of people who take it seriously. It's why I said that other guy isn't the target of this thread.

Before you actually fuck off to reddit, Art Rock is a form of rock music that uses a variety of unconventional elements in what is still ultimately a conventionally poppy style rock song. Many glam rock albums of the 80s like Roxy Music and Bowie's Ziggy are considered art rock. DSOTM and OK Computer are also considered art rock, too. Berlin Trilogy is closer to krautrock than it is to art rock. The first examples of this where popular music was starting to be taken seriously as art are on Pet Sounds and Revolver both coming out around the same time. Like I said, stop reading RYm you autistic piece of shit and maybe do some research into this music hobby that you supposedly enjoy so much.

It offers formats of music that would otherwise not exist, not too bad.

Yeah, and all the albums in pic do that.

user = REKT

Get on my level, baby!

You're no fun. Go to like reddit or youtube or some shit.

Why don't YOU lurk moar so you know exactly what's happening in this thread?

>Yeah, and all the albums in pic do that.

In that case EVERY band who does anything not fitting the verse-chorus-verse 2 guitars + drummer + singer standard for rock is art-rock.

Glam rock was only artsy in the 70's.

No...like I said in the OP often some of the things that make it art rock are more subtle because the ultimate difference between art and some of the more out there stuff like prog, kraut, experimental, avant garde, etc. is that art rock stiff maintains an ultimately poppy sound. Revolver uses more than typical rock music progressions overall in its music, has a large classical music influence in its arrangements, and even has a bit of tape looping and world music stuff going on. But despite it all, it maintains a poppy feel throughout.

And Ziggy came out in the 70s, was glam as fuck, and had that "artsy" feel to it where all the tracks have more depth than they appear to have.

I'll agree that DSOTM doesn't get as much recognition as it deserves due to mindless contrarianism, but Ziggy, OK Computer and Revolver seem to get their fair share of praise (Revolver is probably the most widely liked Beatles album on here). idk what you is on about.

>cherry picking the definition
>telling others to look up the definition
>n-n-no thats not right, my definition is right

But art rock's always been more conventional poppy rock structures with other shit going on though. That has been the definition since the very beginning. Get on our level, pleb.