Just saw the drinking documentary, i feel very good about not having had any alcohol to drink for about two months now

just saw the drinking documentary, i feel very good about not having had any alcohol to drink for about two months now

Other urls found in this thread:

content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2017200,00.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BZabjNlrOEo
youtube.com/watch?v=7lPtr6dQrnY
youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE
youtube.com/watch?v=3dfaPbH-rmU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Has he done any about weed?

>i feel very good about not having had any alcohol to drink for about two months now

I had been sober for about a year up until a few days ago. I decided to have a few beers just to see if I would still enjoy it.

It wasn't nearly as good as I remember. I have no idea why I use to drink so much.

I think with booze it's more of a habit thing, if you're able to observe the effects after a spell of clarity you'll notice the shittier effects of it more prominently.

stoners who have their decisions challenged are the most combative people in the entire world, not even louis could reach them

Glad I'm Muslim t b h

>alcohol is a drug
When will this meme die?

Alcohol isn't any more a problem than coffee or the Internet. The problem isn't in the substance itself, it's in the overuse.

There's a strong correlation between abstaining altogether and a shorter lifespan. content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2017200,00.html

Moderation in all things, and refrain from harming others. That's how you live a good life.

Heartbreaking.

That was my introduction to Louis. I don't understand the hype.

>get sober
>realize I've wasted almost a decade of my life doing nothing but getting blackout drunk every day

This was a terrible idea.

Really? I almost don't drink anymore, but every time I have a beer I cream my pants. I don't really like being drunk, but having a light buzz after 2 or 3 beers is the best feeling in the world.

which is why it'd be interesting.

Hey Achmed, did you guys blow up that plane? Be honest now.

You need a diciprine.What

where to watch this one from the US?

Man I fucked that up.
Watch Weird Weekends. It's the greatest thing ever.

Is cider the only alcoholic drink that actually tastes good?

passthepopcorn.me

>There's a strong correlation between abstaining altogether and a shorter lifespan

Seems like utter nonsense. Jews don't drink.

If you're underage yes

>black French lady from the documentary detected

A terrorist never reveals his tricks :^)

yeah me too, converted for my wife and her sons

By the way is the scientology one out?
I feel like we've been taking about it for at least an year

what are you even talking about

I don't know how people drink that shit, it's too sweet

+1 You've just outed yourself son.

Who /etsubatsu/ here

Jews drink as long as it is kosher.
You are thinking about muslims.

Beer is delicious you fucking pathetic child

You think all those monks were sitting around chugging wheat beers before frat parties pretending they liked it to seem cool? Nah, you're just a faggot.

>lol le beer actually tastes bad everyone is pretending

>Jews don't drink.
At Pesach you have drink 4 glasses of red wine each dinner for 8 days straight.
This includes KIDS who already did their Bar Mitzvah, so 13-14 years old kids have to drink that shit too.

If you can't endure because you're a little bitch you're allowed to use a smaller glass but it still has to be 4 glasses.
Every Qiddush, which is the dinner before Shabbath you have to drink wine.
Every fucking party and religious occurrence and shit you have to drink wine.
There are Kosher versions of every popular wine type like Chardonnay, Sauvignon, Pinot, Prosecco etc.etc.
You're full of shit.

>thank goodness this British filmmaker told me what to do, I'm so weak willed I can't enjoy the odd drink without becoming an alcoholic

Coffee is Bad?

No. Keep missing out if you like.

youtube.com/watch?v=BZabjNlrOEo
What does etusbatsu even mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=7lPtr6dQrnY

if you dislike manly drinks you're a fag

I can absolutely believe abstinence is correlated with lower life expectancy as the sort of people who need black and white solutions to alcohol are probably also making stupid decisions in other areas of life.

Yes. If you're a 17 year old girl.

No... cocktails, wines (some), Baileys, whiskey-cola. its all about mixing i guess. some beers are good.

>whiskey-cola
Holy shit you need to commit suicide right now you rancid piece of shit. You're human garbage, a disgusting, smelly pile of vaginal discharge and you should chew down at the barrel of a shotgun and pull the trigger this instant.

I really don't understand how they determined that Asperger's and Autism are together.

Like Asperger's people have a hard time reading emotions and need to have things done their way but they're still aware of the world. They still think and write.

Autism just seems like there's apart of their mind that's just missing. Like they're closer to a dog than a person.

schizoid is basically on the spectrum too for some stupid reason.

They're pooled together because they share common traits. It's really not that hard to understand you autist.

What's the common trait between some obessed nerd and a fucking Space Cadet? I just don't see how those two are linked.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE

I just want to see the one about scientology release it already you fuck

Because those monks were retarded germanics that couldn't make anything better, unlike their superior Roman masters.

Severely is the keyword here. That's an extremely bad case. I know some autists who aren't nearly this bad, who for example are able to keep up a simple conversation and even to a degree participate in smalltalk if they're given the right topic and feel comortable.

that's good user.
I think you made the right choice, in my opinion just holding off and not giving yourself the chance to prove your force of will can hurt you inside and then maybe force you to re spiral back into it. I dont get those "20 years sober" types of dudes, if you HAVE to just not drink in order to control yourself then you havent cured shit

this.
abstaining is not good both for the soul and for chance of relapse.
It's harder to actually learn how to control yourself

*alcoholics who have their decisions challenged

Fixed that for you

*addicts who have their decisions challanged

FTFY

*people who have their life choices mocked

RFTFY

They are.
>it's not addicitve
>so, why do you smoke 5 times a day?
>fuck you

You're not wrong. Society still coddles alcoholics way more than they do to potsmokers, though. You can reference all the stoner movies/shows you want and spam "DUDE WEED LMAO" ad nauseum, but people will essentially get emotionally involved and all riled up when you start talking about the detrimental effects alcohol can have when used in excess.

Addiction isn't a "life choice". If you can "choose" to be addicted, then you might as well choose to get fucking sober.

>t. live with not one but two life-long alcoholics

>brah alcohol's not a drug brah
>so why do you need to drink within an hour of waking up at the risk of getting "the shakes"?
>FUCK YOU BRAH I DO WHAT I WANT WITH MY BODY PROHIBITION NEVER WORKED ALCOHOL IS IN MUH CULTURE LOAN ME 2SQUID SO I CAN GO BUY A COUPLE TALLBOYS

Unfortunately, alcohol is one of the only drugs that can kill you if you stop cold turkey.

Once you've crossed that alcoholic threshold, it's really, really hard to get back to normal. This is why alcoholism is much more of a problem than "coffee and the internet".

>I don't really like being drunk, but having a light buzz after 2 or 3 beers is the best feeling in the world.

Agreed. Getting drunk seems like an egregious waste, when you can just ride the buzz and feel good longer/the next morn.

tfw can consume drugs and drink in moderate without any issues of addiction

feel sorry for the people who cant but feels good for me though.

once a weekend or two i go out and get absolutely fucked and maybe once or twice a month i take mdma or xtc. watching drinking to the oblivion was really hard to watch, but made me glad i didnt have it this bad. weird how some people cant control themselves around substances and alcohol.

Too much is, yes. Hence why it's mentioned in a call for moderation.

>Society still coddles alcoholics way more than they do to potsmokers, though.
>people will essentially get emotionally involved and all riled up when you start talking about the detrimental effects alcohol can have when used in excess.
Yeah, I don't disagree with you, but surely you must understand that this is due to the fact that alcohol has a longer, and culturally significant history here in the west and is more widespread through our society.

lol dudebros who say booze isn't a drug definitely aren't the ones taking medicinal shots of cheap vodka to stave off the shakes.

Its not physically addictive like tobacco and other drugs.

But fuqqing lol'd at my stoners friends who smoke daily and tell me its not a problem. They are same way as fatsos who cant stop eating.

>Getting drunk seems like an egregious waste
Yeah I get what you're talking about, but it's not that. It's more that I don't enjoy the sensation of loosing controll and my inhibitions.

Slamming down shots of distilled spirits hasn't been part of any society's "culture" for longer than ~100yrs. Russia, Finland, and a lot of the Baltic countries do have traditions of drinking hard liquor, but not in excess.

Except they are. I went to school with and partied/drank with a lot of those "dudebros" who say "alcohol isn't a drug brah"; these guys would literally end up telling me stories like
>yeah brah I woke up one morning and I started vomiting blood
>so I went to the doctor and he told me I cant drink hard liquor anymore cuz I got an ulcer in my esophagus
>so now I just slam tallboys and 40s all day brah

These guys literally (yes, literally) start slamming down vodka and rum when they hit ~14-16 years old. One guy I knew who ended up getting esophageal polyps (ulcers in your food-tube) said that he was drinking a handle of vodka a fucking day

actually, modern neuroscience research that you're right—absolute abstinence is more harmful to an alcoholic than regulated moderation. also, other studies show that those who can police themselves to drink moderately have a lower risk of relapse.

the psychological studies (i.e., not hard science) still suggest a period of abstinence before adjusting to moderation. exciting times

>Louis the Roux

What kind of a stupid fucking nickname is that.

>One guy I knew who ended up getting esophageal polyps (ulcers in your food-tube) said that he was drinking a handle of vodka a fucking day
Well, then he's obviously lying to himself out of shame.

Someone who drinks a handle a day know what's going on in their body. You can feel it in your organs, in your mouth, in your fuckin' nerves.

>want to get drunk
>have to drink disgusting alcohol\
I don't know how alcoholics do it, I know its an acquired taste, but sugar is sweet, that's easy to get addicted to. Being drunk feels very nice though, I guess its just that people are after

This honestly

I drink heavily but I have no real urge to do it all the time and I have no problem quitting, not drinking for a weekend etc.

I don't want to appear like I have superhuman willpower because it actually isn't difficult at all even though I do like to drink etc. I am however acutely aware that its not something you can do every day (really) and that it's not a good thing to keep doing all the time.

I dunno man, it's weird that some people seemingly cannot drink at all in moderation and must keep going until they end up like the dude in he docu.

Distillation has been widespread through europe since the 1500's.

>Well, then he's obviously lying to himself out of shame.
Okay but that's a common trait among all addicts, not just alcoholics. Again, I'm speaking from experience as I live with two alcoholics (one on the sauce for 50 years, the other on the sauce for 30yrs).

I've taken them to the emergency room, I've picked them up off the floor from bars, I've bandaged their ribs when they were so drunk they fell and cracked them, I've cleaned up the bathroom after they get so blackout drunk they lose control of their bowels and crap their pants (this one happens a lot).

Someone who drinks a handle a day probably doesn't care about what's going on in their body anymore because they don't want to care.

An addict is usually a very proficient liar or deep in denial about something.

Try drinking gin and (tonic/juice/whatever).

Who /gary/ here?

"Slamming shots" has not. That's my point.

Do you really think Pjotr and Mikhail were trying to "race" eachother by seeing who could do the most shots of wodka in 1 hour, back in 1687?

Its more about people having a need to block out pain and a desire for comfort rather than difference in willpower, although that does of course come into it. Most addicts have had trauma or a shitty life that they once enjoyed burying and now are in too deep.

Yeah I know. It's just strange that the need to block something out becomes so strong and so manifested into consumption of a substance

Most people with good upbringings and good lives don't become alcoholics, at least not the types that are completely self-destructive

>Most people with good upbringings and good lives don't become alcoholics
Sorry I cudlnt build a tiem machin & go back in time to tel my parents to rasie me beter

About twice a month I buy one and a half litres of vodka and when I'm, going out, going to meetings, talking with lots of people, I take some of it and keep some in a tiny flask.

I am en expert at controlling my drinking and when I'm just rightly buzzed I'm a smooth mother fucker and get along with everyone so I like alcohol for that. I rarely get drunk, don't like it. Haven't drank now in over a week though since I don't need too.

Sometimes I'll drink beers and other spirits when in the mood, like rum or whiskey but in no way am I an addict. Though life can feel boring without alcohol; vidya, music, even reading can be bettered by a few glasses of alcohol I find.

I hate people who can't control themselves though - I had a friend who was the most talkative, lovely guy when sober but an absolute hellraiser when drunk. He was a lightweight but could drink forever. I once was there when he had two bottle of vodka and about four litres of beer - the cunt was still standing in between short bursts of dozing off.

I think often it happens without people really knowing how deep they are digging themselves its like "oh shit this feels good gonna keep doing this" rather than acknowledging they are just painkilling

youtube.com/watch?v=3dfaPbH-rmU

Beer, whiskey, rum and 96 mixed with either coffee, warm water and sugar (pons) or warm water and meat broth all taste like fucking heaven. If you don't like the taste of alcohol, but you want to like it, I suggest you start with wheat-beer such as Erdinger (especially their Kristall brand). Or you could just accept that you're a bitch and drink cider or smirnoff.

Honestly, i've abstained from drinking because it stops me from being an autist in social situations and I think if I did start it could become a crutch easily

Sup Forums is more addictive and lethal than any drug out there

Alcohol makes you a sperg? First of your kind it seems.

>this thread

Wtf Sup Forums are you borderline alcoholic closet drinkers?

>being this surprised people on Sup Forums drink heavily

>i'm in the worst pain ever, i literally cannot go on any longer Louie
>....do you want a Lucozade??
that moment was topkek

It happens to all lonely people at some point.

>tfw i can drink a litre of vodka and half a litre of whiskey in one night

glad it only happens every saturday night

My time with user had come to an end. During our time together, I learned about his general cynicism and misanthropy but also his irrelevant, self-deprecating style of humour and his ability to show compassion forward those who shared his "feels". What had started as a journey into the "dark side of the internet" had become a poignant investigation into the lives of wayward young men. With no community to fall back on and plenty of free time to spend online, they had forged an alliance not out of common interests but common sense of displacement. Although they have been attacked in the media as nazis, perverts and nihilists, the picture I was presented was one of loneliness and desperation. I finally realised that the "Internet Hate Machine" hates nothing more than itself.

Im saying it stops making a sperg m8, read it again

I was under the assumption people on here were to young to have these problems

I don't think that's true though. Or, I should rather say, I really wonder were you take this from. Sounds to me like you're just making an assumption based on nothing.

I mean if you're an alcoholic it likely begins in your formative years

cider can be more alcoholic than beer though

why are brits such degenerates?

Being moderately drunk and shitposting/baiting on here is some of the best fun a man can have.

George W Bush had autism and he ran a country. Look what he accomplished.