Star Trek

youtube.com/watch?v=xXpPweAooeE

>CBS All-Access

How and why is this even a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Directive#Prohibitions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because CBS enjoys failure.

Who cares? We're guaranteed at least one easily pirateable season of Fuller Trek. If that's all your expectations are then you'll win.

Very true. CBS Still has shareholders to answer to, it just doesn't make sense financially to have something like this pay to watch on All Access when their library consists of soaps, and the price is right ffs.

I just don't know why they can't just put it on CBS itself. I'm not going to pay to subscribe to a streaming channel just to watch it.

They don't have any footage to show because shooting begins in September.

In any case, good luck, Bryan Fuller.

>I just don't know why they can't just put it on CBS itself.
Because they don't realise
>I'm not going to pay to subscribe to a streaming channel just to watch it.

I'm not even going to watch it, I'm just going to read what you lot have to say about it, and if you hate it then I knew it and if you like it then you're all retards

>Still no casting announcements

Fuck this teaser

Bryan Fuller on writing for Star Treks shows:

>When I was watching Deep Space Nine-- I think it's one of the best incarnations of Star Trek, and I have affection for all of them, but Deep Space Nine has a very special heart because I think they were primarily character-based, more than any of the other shows. And I think Next Generation at its peak was some of the best television that has ever been, but Deep Space Nine spoke to me on a more intimate level. And I'm not sure what it was, but I just understood the math of storytelling, because storytelling is mathematics. Like, you have to build, and you have to subtract, and divide, and there's all sorts of math to telling a story, and it just clicked.

>They let me into the writers' room, and it was Ira Behr who was like "Okay, we'll give this guy a chance and he can be in the writers' room." And it was interesting to be in a writers' room for the very first time. And what was great about the Deep Space Nine writers' room was that they were all fans of Star Trek and you were with people who loved the program, whereas on Voyager there was sort of an attitude of you know, [disgusted] "It's Star Trek" and all, you know. And I was just like "What are you talking about? You're lucky to be here." So Deep Space Nine were the fans and then Voyager was a little bit of like, you know, "We're better than this" and I was like "No you're not. None of us are."

What is the armament of the lollipop?

Praying for Raul Esperaza in the first officer role tbqh

Bryan Fuller on running Star Trek shows:

>I had been on Voyager for four seasons, and, you know, Voyager was an interesting job because there was this fraternity at Star Trek. That was a very interesting experience-- my mind doesn't work well in those situations. And so I was always a little jealous that I didn't get the job-- 'cause there was a job on Deep Space Nine and there was a job on Voyager, I was like "Please, God, let me get the Deep Space Nine job." And I got the Voyager job, which was a slightly less supportive community than Deep Space Nine was, there was an installation of fear. And there was also-- the show is what the show is. And on Deep Space Nine, Ira Behr was a very visionary showrunner. So when the executive producer Rick Berman would be like "I don't like that idea" he'd be like "I don't care. This is what we're doing and this is why we're doing it." Where on Voyager we had so many great ideas for that show that were thrown out, and then it was just sort of like okay, it's fait accompli, the idea's dead, and I was like "Ira would have fought for that shit." So on Voyager, toward the end, I was getting a little frustrated with how non-human everybody was. Because I'm like "They're facing the Borg, they're gonna be sitting in their own stool." There's no kind of reality to the human emotion of it. And that grew very frustrating for me because I didn't know how to write it, I didn't know how to write just purely technologically or informationally. And so I was like, "What's a show that I want to watch?"

Who /hype/ here?

The Captain will either be an MtF actor playing a J'naii, or an FtM actor playing a Trill.

And I'm fine with this.

The cast wont even be 25% white and there will be at least one open homosexual/tranny couple.

Soooo...DS9?

Yea it's called Star Trek

CBS is looking at Netflix and seeing how much money they're making.
Executives who hold the purse strings are all old as fuck and think that the "Internet" is like cable TV.
Everyone network has its own channel.
So why does this "Netflix" channel air so many shows?
We should have our own channel on the "Internet" so that we can make money too!

The sad part is, they think they can make feature-film level revenue on this boondoggle.

I can just see you, fifty years ago, ranting & raving about how there's a nigger woman and a damn Jap in the cast and how degenerate that is. If you aren't prepared to boldly go, get back on the transporter pad.

Has this got anything to do with JJ Abrams Trek or is it in continuation with real Trek?

No JJ.

They even removed JJ from the office walls.

Sweet, thanks. I can allow myself to get hyped then.

>There's no JJ I swear, look at this joke some PR manager posted on twitter
>Ignore the fact that the trailer music, graphics and logo are taken from JJ Trek, it's going to be great I swear!
I don't believe a fucking word of this, no matter how many threads you post it in

Television Trek is owned by CBS.

Movie Trek is owned by Paramount.

They're different companies.

Does anyone have the DS9 viewing spectrum?

6!
Pic related, you imbecile.

Some of these episode descriptions are gold.

Thanks phamlam

>AKA The one where Quark goes full The Godfather on the Ferengi Alliance

best description

They're all terrible and unfunny.

The only good one is the Morn one.

>>>/reddit/

Agreed.
Ahoo-hoo, I can only say reddit or pol or some other place in reference to a counter opinion.
Figure it out on your own and just go watch some random eps. If you need a fucking guide to watch a TV show, it better be about some hardcore maths.

Except I didn't ask for a guide, you stupid cuck. I've already seen all 7 seasons of DS9 all the way through at least 3 times.

>replying to yourself
>agreeing with yourself in the post you reply to yourself with

>>>/reddit/

Okay, but how do you feel about the episode description 01000001 01001011 01000001 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01010010 01101001 01101011 01100101 01110010 00100111 01110011 00100000 01101000 01101111 01101100 01101111 00101101 01110111 01100001 01101001 01100110 01110101?

>>replying to yourself
>>agreeing with yourself in the post you reply to yourself with
It's unfortunate you had to bin that knife before you could end your life.
I responded to anyone who thought the guide was funny. It's really nothing more than a baby's guide to how do I enjoy something because I'm too much a fucking cattle to look it up myself.

There's always BLEACH. :)

>"Planes today just don't fall out of the sky," CNN aviation analyst Miles O'Brien said.
Was it the cardies or the changelings?

>New Crews
>Plural

Does this mean we will have 15 minutes jump cuts between about 5 crews a la GoT?

I want you to consider something: The Spectrum guides are the lesser of two evils.

Before those Spectrum guides existed, we already had other guides shared on Sup Forums, and look at how bad they were.

The old guides told people to skip episodes, and we can all agree that skipping episodes is a bad idea.

So these new Spectrum guides are actually worthwhile if they can replace and erase the old guides.

>makes a photoshop/MSPaint edit a whole 8 minutes later

Wow you really sure showed me :^)

Maybe you should kill yourself if you take Sup Forums this seriously, you pathetic reddi/tv/irgin

>Does this mean we will have 15 minutes jump cuts between about 5 crews a la GoT?

anthology show, different cast and story each season, kinda like Fargo.

Have they released the cast and plot yet?

We know it's Fuller so it'll be Fag Analogies: The Show starring Queermo, Bulldyke and Nigra

>doesn't point out I called him out and showed him the truth
>"ill evade and troll him some more, guaranteed yous"
>reddi/tv

Being in your 30s and out of work is a sign of being a welfare nigger.. blame your parents

>imgur filename

Do you want to be an orchestra?

>It's a The O'Briens have the only believable marriage in Star Trek episode

>Fuller

He wrote 2 episodes for DS9 so he can't be that bad.

I can't wait until Sup Forums abandons the fandom in tears, and /trek/ threads become progressive liberal utopias.

You're projecting again, reddit.

I'm a 23 year old PT that watches ST in between training hot MILFs.

He had the main writing staff to keep him in check, now he is the writing staff

Trek has always been SJW

Daily reminder that Star Trek hasn't existed in any form since before Sup Forums was created and we've been talking about it the whole time. You little fag-ends and your cumguzzling fag idols aren't going to get rid of us that easily.

>I can't wait until Sup Forums abandons the fandom in tears

It's an entire franchise that was created in direct opposition to their values and has continued that way in the half century since. They haven't jumped ship yet, one of their greatest powers has always been the ability to create their own echo chamber outside of all logic and reason and cling to it until death.

No, see, you don't understand that you have to supply proof like I did when making such a claim or refutation like I did. Otherwise, you're just another leech on the state.

I just want to know how many times I can get you to post reddit in a trek thread.

I got you flustered and now all you can do is respond with pictures and feigned arrogance.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

If you actually believe Star Trek is opposed to conservatism, I suggest watching any Trek series
80% of plots revolve around 'progressive' values obstructing practical goals or diplomacy.
Hell, the most famous and well-regarded episode of DS9 is about murdering an ambassador to fraudulently bring a civilization to war

>80% of plots revolve around 'progressive' values obstructing practical goals or diplomacy.

Specifically?

>Hell, the most famous and well-regarded episode of DS9 is about murdering an ambassador to fraudulently bring a civilization to war

How is this a progressive value?

>That episode where Picards helps forcibly displace the Indians because of a treaty with the Cardassians
>The entire Circle arc of DS9 in which Sisko disobeying the Prime Directive is the only reason Bajor doesn't get re-occupied by the Cardassians
>That episode where Picard refuses to provide aid to a warp-capable species because they're drug addicts
>Every Section 31 episode
>That episode where the Prime Directive says they should let Wesley get executed for stepping on some flowers but don't because that's evil

You're still not explaining how any of this is about conservative or progressive values.

Isn't this supposed to be like American Horror Story where they change the crew and the ship every season?

If it is, count me the fuck out.

The prime directive is the most progressive ideal in Star Trek, they aren't supposed to interfere with other cultures no matter what the cost to themselves or said culture. But vast numbers of episodes rely on them having to break it because it would be immoral or stupid not to.

>A starship captain's most solemn oath is that he will give his life, even his entire crew, rather than violate the Prime Directive

Mmmmhmmm

>You're still not explaining
P.S. I wasn't the guy you were originally talking to, I just thought you sounded like someone got lost going to a /got/ thread or something

If it is I guarantee Enterprise-C will be one of the 1st story arcs. Because...laziness

I know exactly how you feel, user.
Part of the previous Treks charm and fandom relied primarily on one cast. One crew.
There will be minimal character development now.
Stories and arcs will be find import with races and peoples as opposed to the combination of those two factors and the main crew.
It's not looking good and I can't imagine not watching a cast evolve from one season to the next.
I'm giving it a chance, but this may actually kill the franchise, or worse yet, transmute it into something abominable with a new fanbase.

No doubt it will be a failure because it will shit on trek's core audience, white cis males.

Nah you're spot on...everyone thought that Enterprise and Jew Jew Trek was the death knell for Star Trek...

They were wrong. I can hear the horns blowing now. The angels are pouring forth their bowls.

Star Trek might be over because of this.

Normally I'd go full Sup Forums but star trek has always been like that but never been all pushy, because it's already over in the trek universe, everyone's (humans) equal.

Hey, remember how each series of Trek after TOS took 1 1/2-2 seasons to find their footing?

How can they possibly expect the new show to carry itself for 2 seasons in this manner?

Exactly. Star Trek is about tuning in each week to watch your favorite crew exploring shit.

J.J. never understood that.

>TV network executives
>Thinking

>The prime directive is the most progressive ideal in Star Trek, they aren't supposed to interfere with other cultures no matter what the cost to themselves or said culture

Pre-Warp cultures. The Prime Directive only applies to pre-warp, particularly pre-spaceflight, cultures.

This guy fucks!

No it doesn't, only the "no contact" part. Everything else applies to all non-Federation worlds.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Directive#Prohibitions

Aren't they still syndicating overseas? Thought I saw it but I can't find the source again.

>internet and antenna tv only
>still watch star trek reruns
>too comfy to stop

>internet and antenna tv only
Im really thinking about getting rid of Dish and use an antenna with Hulu. Will I miss cable?

Almost anything you can watch on cable you can watch on a streaming site like couchtuner or alluc

Functionally speaking, it's only ever applied with regard to pre-warp civilizations. No one ever invokes the PD in regard to the Ferengi. "We can't tell this lost Ferengi trader what way Deneb is, because that would violate the Prime Directive, he has to find his way on his own." That would be absurd. Civilizations that have achieved warp are considered to have achieved parity with the Federation and are interacted with as equals, and like all nations, interfered with simply through that contact (as well as through espionage carried out by Section 31).

>trek's core audience, white cis males.

Women were really Trek's core audience from the outset. Male sci-fi fans (which is to say, readers of Clarke, Asimov, etc., it was mostly a literary fandom back then) mocked "Trekkies" as being "fake geek girls" as it would be put today. But those "fake" fans managed to get the show renewed for a third season with a letter-writing campaign, and kept the flame alive for years until Trek returned on the big screen, organizing conventions and editing & distributing 'zines.

If I want to get into trek what's the best way?

>Women were really Trek's core audience from the outset.
lol, just wildly throwing out shit for sake of contrarianism. cite yourself, ensign.

>look at me ma! I'm tacking into the wind just like the name of that DS9 episode!

Watch DS9 and browse Sup Forums

Trek, not unlike Bruce Jenner, is currently transitioning.
Give it a year or two and come back with that same question.

start with TNG, don't be discouraged by the first season, it gets better.

Worse, it's going to be a drama where there'll be one main story throughout the series with some relationship issues between members as the show goes on.

There won't be episodes like Conundrum, Frames of Mind, Cause and Effect, Remember Me, Chain of Command,..

It's going to blow.

DISGUSTING.

>How do I make the Internet work for my business?

Haha, said no one ever.

Yeah pretty sure Rodenberry would disagree with you there bud there could not be a more liberal franchise ever. They had the first interracial kiss and one of the first lesbian kisses on TV.

Stop projecting your own politics on Trek. As liberal as they come.

I guess revisionist SJWs have to be stupid about literally everything to keep track of their lies. The prime directive is not "functionally" pre-warp. It hinged the 4th season cliffhanger of TNG with the Klingon civil war and forced Worf's resignation. Paris spends thirty days in jail on Voyager for violating it with a species that already had warp. Educate yourself.

So into the trash it goes?

>he hasn't been visited by the Noh-Jay Consortium

pretty much

Nice Horn Doggo

>I can't read either
Nobody is saying human politics in Trek aren't liberal, we're saying that they're portrayed as being naive and getting in the way of survival, diplomacy and ethics. Like mentioned in and And have some more for luck

>That episode where Data shames Picard into saving the life of a qt ayylmao girl instead of sacrificing her to the Prime Directive
>That episode where it turns out showing a captain the Omega symbol suspends it immediately
>That movie where Scotty invents transparent aluminium in the 80s and Bones gave an old lady a new kidney in order to save the human race

The River will provide

Thank you Bajoran Terrorism

Who's a good cyber pup

I am optimistic about this.

If the spergs kill this like they did enterprise I will be pissed.

Enterprise killed itself by not being Star Trek

this