Why don't they remake Jason and the Argonauts?

Why don't they remake Jason and the Argonauts?

my guess would be because the newish hercules movies tanked

they did it's called Game of Thrones.

They did for tv in the early 00s.

they did it's called pirates of the caribbean

They did do a Clash of the Titans remake.

It was awful

they did it's called Spy Kids 2

But they are making

underrated

Thank you Ms. Skelletel!

The original isn't good either

It was sad to learn that Jason is actually kind of a huge prick who literally got the gods and his super powerful sorceress GF to do almost everything for him on his quest in the Argo.

Theseus and Hercules are way more GOAT than Jason ever was, Jason was a hack fraud.

wow that's some bad CGI right there, how could people watch this shit back then?

Hercules was also a demigod had a little more ability to him

why bother? The original is perfect.

Jason played by Ice Cube

Well it was all done with eleven billion punch cards so people admired the amount of work required

clash of clans movie when

>tfw I didn't realize how bad that movie was until I went back and watched it again when I was 13

I ruined it for myself

Hercules wasn't a huge prick that treated the girl who literally did everything for him like nothing and thus got his sons wrekt. Probably every notable hero on the Argo was more virtuous and likable than Jason himself.

Hercules is more a tragic hero who accidentally kills people because of Hera's cuntness or through sheer accidental strength. And then he asks for punishment or punishes himself. Sure he does a lot of dumb stuff through sheer retardation but he is so powerful and good-willed that you still like him.

Theseus is probably the true GOAT hero in all of storytelling though. He helps the poor, punishes evil, gives up his kingdom for establishing a political union, bromances Hercules and prevents him from committing suicide. I remember he kidnapped some girl for shits and giggles but I don't remember.

yeah it was fine

How did they train the skeletons for this scene?

That's exactly why I like Jason, he's a loser

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Reported.

Hercules is more of a loser despite never having lost once in anything, imo. If he didn't have super-powers he would be a lovable asshole who got drunk and had anger issues but then always asked for forgiveness. That is why the all the Greeks outside of Athens worshiped him as the greatest of heroes, because he was extremely flawed and not very smart but a great warrior. Theseus appeals to Athens because he was pretty much the second strongest man behind hercules, the smartest hero, the most noble, and the most good natured.

Jason is more of just a greedy wannabe king who only cares about himself, and gets himself in trouble for being so selfish minded. Sure he lead the Argo and that takes lots of courage, but he's more of like an anti-hero in my eyes.

>wanting remakes

KYS

what about perseus?

If you're pissed about Jason, you should read Medea. Dude gets turbocucked

Perseus is pretty cool I guess, he doesn't have any depth because there aren't any detailed accounts about him in his adventure to kill Medusa. I don't think there is anything he does that is totally selfish, in fact he took the quest to be good to a king who totally fucking hates him and sent him off on a death quest (which happens a lot in greek myth).

I am not sure how he compares to Theseus and Hercules, because like Jason he gets almost all of his help from magic and the gods. If not for those two things he would get wrekt.

I think Theseus and Hercules had slight help from some gods from time to time but nothing so major as far as the gods coming down themselves to help on quests while giving them super OP loot that makes you ridiculously powerful.

>not posting the sped up version

perfect title for a YA adaptation

That's what im exactly talking about. Medea is literally the sole reason why Jason got the golden fleece. She used her powers to make Jason invincible AND Medea killed her fucking brother for Jason.

According to what I read, Medea is the one that gets turbo cucked because Jason marries a completely different woman for political gain despite Medea being madly in love for him. So in love as to kill her own brother for him.

Then Medea gets revenge and kills the wife and his 2 sons and rides away. Jason deserved it for being so selfish.

Because nobody watches Swords and Sandals movies anymore.
The Hercules film from 2014 with the Rock was actually good, but still didn't perform very well because nobody cared.

Give it a decade or two, it will come back. After all, Western is now making a comeback after 40? years.

this movie was shit. I'd like a good myth movie but this was just more amateur shlock like clash of the titans

There needs to be a movie that actually accurately represents Hercules.

I want to see a movie where he grabs a servant in anger and throws him 400 yards into a sea or something.

Or a scene where he literally wrestles the god of death himself and fucks him up so badly that he brings back his friends recently deceased wife.

Actually I want to see a movie where Theseus literally ground and pounds the minotaur MMA style to fucking mushy gory bits and pieces with his bare hands.

Greek legend is brutal and ridiculous. These movies look like they try to be too realistic.

actually when I think about it the God of War games are more accurate to the ridiculousness of mythology than any movie.

We can do an all black femail non binary cast.

>All black
And triggering everyone from middle and south America, Middle East and Asia in general?
You racist!

I know theor heads would explode due to jihad triggering but its the current year!

It's funny watching you guys pretend like you've ever picked up a single translation of an ancient text when it's glaringly obvious you've barely read a full wikipedia page about any of this. I understand that Greek myth intrigues you, but why would you pretend that you know anything about it before you do?

>white women killing husband children and then leaving him to die
Sounds about right time to make it.

Why do you get off on this bizarre racial persecution complex?

It doesn't have much of an established fanbase. It's seen as a respectable benchmark in cinematic history, but as a property, it doesn't have much marketability.

>it doesn't have much marketability
Quite apart from that, people don't know shit about Greek / Roman myths anymore. Nobody would understand the fucking thing; you'd have to have 30 minutes of expository dialogue to establish that there was an ancient Greece and that they had myths. People are too stupid for this kind of thing.

Someone sounds a little insecure in their own knowledge of mythology. Calm down user, educate people if they're being stupid or learn if they know more than you.

Sadly for you, he hasn't said anything that's false yet.

>People are too stupid for this kind of thing.
lol
i heard somebody ask their friend which greek god was thor once.

It's crazy how much you are projecting, retard.

I just want a proper adaptation of the Epic Cycle from the Wedding of Thetis and Peleus to Aeneas establishing Alba Longa.

You could do it with multi-season show easily.

Pretty much this. No one finds history or culture fascinating anymore, everyone is now steered towards the future. Take a look at the highest grossing films of the 50's and 60's and you'll notice that most of them are generally take place in past historical periods and cultures. To them all the interesting shit already happened, society had only declined since then.

These days it's all sci-fi and movies about superhumans that is topping the charts. No one gives a shit about past cultures anymore beyond the 70's.

Based Brian Thompson too

because idris elba is busy with the dark tower at the moment.

They could never train skeletons as well as they did for the original.

>from the mind of Robert Rodriguez

This was a bait and switch that literally opened with "HERCULES NEVER ACTUALLY DID ANY OF THOSE THINGS, IDIOTS. HERE'S A 'REALISTIC' STORY". Then that story ended up being predictable and cliched. That's why it failed.

>After all, Western is now making a comeback after 40? years.
Westerns have always been made and will continue to be made