Lost

Who /FrozenWheel/ here?

What the fuck was that about anyway did they ever explain it?

I have never watched a single episode of lost, tho only thing i know about is that they are lost on an island, spooky stuff is going on, and the ending is shit. Should i still watch it?

ah, when Lost went stupid: the thread.

season 1 is good, season 2 is okay

Jacob built in sometime during the Bronze Age using labor from people who had been shipwrecked on the island.

no, I watched the pilot and was excited because it seems it was about dinosaurs but then it was polar bears and I stopped watching.

The polar bears were actually integral to the wheel. The conditions in the cave are artic, so Dharma brought in and trained polar bears to turn the whew to see what it does.

yeah

even the later seasons aren't as bad as people make them out to be

season 1 is absolutely best season though

>Episode during Season 3
>Juliet and Sawyer walking through the jungle
>"Hey why are you Dharma people building this runway?"
>"For the aliens, duh!"
>Juliet smirks at the camera

God damn hack writers, intentionally fucking with the audience because they knew how many people were invested in the story. They knew the ending was going to be shit. Making up shit as they went and constantly writing themselves into corners. It honestly would have been better if the writers strike went another year and ABC just cancelled it.

You should give it a try. J.J. Abrams is a disgusting piece of shit who's actively destroying the last piece of artistic integrity left in Hollywood, and he screwed over Lindelof and the other writers when he left them to fumble in the darkness, having no idea in hell about what it was they were writing. It goes nowhere, at least it seems that way, the plot is the biggest mess ever put on television, but it's an interesting watch, atleast for a couple of seasons. You'll most likely quit it after a while. It's genuinely hard to finish.

>Make up shit as they went

Hey user, how do you write an episodic fictional series that's not adapted from a series of novels? Do you write all of the scripts first and then shoot them? Yeah that's probably what you'd do.

I think he meant that there was no plan behind it, it was just a cool idea for a setting of a show, and then no one knew what the overreaching plot was supposed to be.

hanging in my living room

u jelly?

Around episode 3 I stopped watching because I knew fucking nothing was going to be revealed/answered. All these years later I am glad I did.

I also post this in just about every Lost thread I see.

its the greatest tv show of all time

if you turn it off as soon as you see this

>a literal donkey wheel
>a literal "keep the evil bottled up" cork

>autists actually defend what this show became after season 3

the rest of yall know
when i durn to yah

>Something that will remind you every day that you were watching a shit show
wew nice

lol, where is da rest???

No, I get that. But look at Breaking Bad. Their plan was to kill Jessie at the end of Season 1, but then changed their minds near the end. Does that mean that BB just "made it up" as well?

When the show premiered the head writers should have already had a rough outline and plan on how to reveal the major mysteries in the show like

>what is the nature of the island
>why is weird shit happening
>what the fuck is this smoke monster thing that makes roller coaster noises

Instead they opted for the 'everything happens for a reason lol, God did it' bullshit. To be fair to them I should have seen it coming and I guess I did because I stopped watching after the flash to white episode (S5 finale?). Don't even get me started on Ben's 'magic box' speech.

I think that's an unfair comparison. You're talking about a decision that was made about a single character. The fact that they changed the story arch of one character, doesn't mean they didn't have an idea about what their end product was supposed to look like in the broad spectrum. And since you yourself said that they planned to kill him, clearly there was a plan.

Why is Walt special

Man, such great writing.

So, what was the island, what was is all about?

theres a mini epilogue episode that takes place after the finale

hurley and ben go get walt and bring him back to the island and he takes over hurley's place as the new jacob

The source of all the goodness in the world.

>implying implications

It depends on if your an "it's about the journey" kind of dude, versus someone who likes good writing to lead towards an ending.

The show will keep piling up mystery after mystery and in the end doesn't do anything to resolve them. Personally I hate it (and everything lindelof does) for that, I can't forgive a series of great or good episodes if the plot ends up going nowhere, but I can understand why others enjoy it.

(pic unrelated)