The Ghostbusters remake will be the 4th collaboration between director Paul Feig and actress Melissa McCartney...

The Ghostbusters remake will be the 4th collaboration between director Paul Feig and actress Melissa McCartney. The other three times this team has collaborated, on three original movie ideas, the box office results were overwhelmingly positive:

>Spy grossed $235.7 million ($65 M budget)
>The Heat grossed $229.9 million ($43 M budget)
>Bridesmaids grossed $288.4 million ($32.5 M budget)

Not only that, but the three movies received great reviews, especially Spy and Bridesmaids:

>Spy received critical acclaim, with critics praising McCarthy and Byrne's performances, as well as Statham's surprise comedic role.[33][34][35][36] Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes lists a 94% approval rating, based on 218 reviews, with a rating average of 7.2/10.

>The Heat received mixed to positive reviews from critics. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a rating of 65% based on 166 reviews, with a rating average of 6.2/10.

>Bridesmaids received critical acclaim upon its release, with McCarthy's performance receiving widespread praise. The film review aggregate Rotten Tomatoes reported 90% of critics gave the film a positive review based on 252 reviews, with an average score of 7.6/10.

Considering all these factors, added with the recognizable Ghostbusters name and the crazy insane amount of social media publicity this movie is getting (either positive or negative), do you REALLY think this movie is going to bomb Sup Forums?

>Sup Forums can't face the cold numbers

>Budget $154 million

It needs to gross $300m to break even.

of course it will succeed.

>all these shit logical fallacies

>original movie ideas

lol
they're going with the reflective glory route

movie is getting so much bad review that they're pulling out the hail mary.

surprised they haven't put that on the movie posters.

I only saw Heat, and it was absolutely awful. Nothing about it was enjoyable.

spy and heat were both shit, haven't watched bridesmaids

Who goes out to see these movies? Is it all international market? I honestly don't know anyone who likes this shit. Maybe old people, I heard bob and tom sucking up to McFartney

>melissa mccarthy
>good reviews

l m a o
m
a
o

Women make up half the population. All the women I know like McCarthy. Those that saw Spy thought it was great.

Hollywood is only just now tapping into a market that comprises literally half of the population. Keep crying about it on the Internet or be quiet and just be glad nobody's making you watch the stuff (as women are so often made to watch male-market schlock).

Not even a woman, just calling it as it is.

kardashians, real housewives, soap operas - there's a ton of money to be made off women while not really even considering if straight men care to watch it

nigga its sony, same company that invested 400 million into angry birds advert budget, it needs like 500 million

>Women make up half the population.

Do they like paranormal horror comedies aimed primarily at children?

>Hollywood is only just now tapping into a market that comprises literally half of the population.
They already do that with rom-coms and love stories. By the way, Asians comprise 60% of the world's population. Where is the Asian representative in the movie?

>Keep crying
Don't project. The butthurt is coming from people who want this movie to be embraced without question.

>women are so often made to watch male-market schlock
[citation needed]

>Not even a woman, just calling it as it is.
You are not a man either and you are full of shit.

I wouldn't go so far as to say all women are tasteless dregs but I don't know many women. My sister likes this bullshit though. Maybe it's the same reasons white guys get a Trump boner, or maybe men just have better taste.

Spy was actually kind of good, she was completely forgettable , but bases Statham was extremely good and fun.
Never watched the heat, never cared for it.
Bridesmaids wasn't my cup of tea, I suppose it wasn't actually aimed for me since I'm not a woman or since I've never been involved in other thing that being a guest at a wedding.

Now with GB I do believe it will bomb maybe not Will Smith's after earth hard, or Fantastic 4 hard, but it will definitely bomb. The backlash already is pretty rough, I don't know to whom is this movie aimed (are kids these days into ghosts and some form of scifi?, most of the fans from the originals are either unconvinced or plain and simple won't watch it) it comes around the same weekend "The Infiltrator" (a Bryan Cranston's drug/crime drama) opens. So there's that, also GB isn't actually that famous overseas, not in europe, not in asia, not in south america. So if it does poorly in the U.S it's pretty much doomed (if people wanna rant about racism, sexism and misogynist, they should check out how bad it will do in China...)

I've finally watched the trailer. Not sure if it was the first or second one.
It's kind of sad, if they did something original with it, it COULD have worked.

Ghostbusters isn't even that good of a franchise.

He's a disgusting faggot but Feig has a solid track record. Other than the trailer there's no reason to expect the movie to be shit.

Spy was so fucking great. Trailers didn't do it justice. Ghostbusters is a decent movie with a shitty sequel and this will, without a doubt, be the best entry in the franchise.

Literally the only reason Spy was watchable was for based Statham

spotted the cuck

But m-muh youtube dislikes!

>Spy
>good

It was fucking terrible. Did I miss some joke where everyone keeps saying it's good?
The entire second half of the movie is using "fuck" as the entire punchline.
The first half is flat and doesn't even warrant afew chuckles.
I like Melissa, but it really was a pisspoor movie.

I liked The Heat, but McCarthy was fucking awful in it. Bullock really needs to do more comedies.

plural