Isn't the universe amazing? I mean how often do you consider the fact that the largest known star, UV Scuti...

Isn't the universe amazing? I mean how often do you consider the fact that the largest known star, UV Scuti, is three times larger than the milky way galaxy? It's just mind-blowing.

Other urls found in this thread:

earthsky.org/space/how-big-is-the-biggest-monster-star
youtube.com/watch?v=DZGINaRUEkU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're not wrong op I agree

fucking hell m8. scuti is big but three times the galaxy is a bit much there

Google Sloan Wall if you wanna feel insignificant.

I rounded up.

UY Scuti is in our galaxy (milky way), you derp.

>we're gonna build a wall

>UV Scuti
You're a fucking retard and/or a liar. earthsky.org/space/how-big-is-the-biggest-monster-star

What are you gonna tell me the earth is only 200 years old? Fucking Christfags.

yea maybe to the nearest billion kilometers

>this guy

You seem kind of stupid. Did your daddy fuck you?

Did you love it, Le'monjello?

>three times larger than the milky way galaxy

Innumerate numbskull. It's not known exactly how big, but it's about the size of the orbit of Jupiter or Saturn.

The fuck are you on about? Fuck your shitty thread, retard.

I bet you were fucked by a moose and cucked by a spruce

Woah calm down

>UV Scuti, is three times larger than the milky way galaxy?

A radius of 1,708 ± 192 R, a mass of 25-40. The Milky Way is still much larger.

>A radius of 1,708 ± 192 R, a mass of 25-40.

Solar units. The symbol didn't appear.

No I was too ugly

It's bigger than Jupiter though.

I suppose you want us to stop teaching evolution in schools and tell them that Jesus tamed dinosaurs? I don't think so buddy.

Nice poem

LOL and I suppose you think all that stuff really exists. Protip: its just a pretty backdrop projected on the outside of our "fishbowl".

You're both wrong idiots. UV Scuti is three times larger than the milky way. Even if you take ten of our suns, it would reach only half the way to pluto, but UV Scuti goes 21 times beyond pluto. The galaxy makes it only 7 times beyond pluto. 7 x 3 = 21. Stupid.

I think they debunked this fact in the 1920's after we invented flight and could go high enough to see the stars.

Time to zone out and contemplate the vastness of the universe

youtube.com/watch?v=DZGINaRUEkU

That was really beautiful actually. Thanks user ;)

Dude. Just no. Our solar system is tiny compared to our galaxy.

For science.

Yeah I know, that's why it's 40 times bigger. Since our solar system essentially stops at Saturn, everything else beyond that is considered interstellar space.

Awful. 12 particles 4 forces and two thumbs down

Are you retarded or trolling? You don't think the solar system and the Milky Way are the same thing.

Of course they aren't. We live on earth, which is in the solar system, which is next to the milky way.

How's summer treating you?

>next to

sure, because they give you pixels and say it is so, you believe it.

You'll confuse the children

Here we go newfag summerfag bullshit you must be fucking twelve years old to think you sound cool right now

yeah okay

How the fuck can we have taken this picture? Also whatever your answer is im going to need a source.

Dude we are inside the Milky Way Galaxy

Maybe you should head over to Tumblr instead. The triggers are over there.

If placed at the center of the Solar System, its photosphere would at least engulf the orbit of Jupiter, although the radius is not known for certain.

The Earth if it was seen from Saturn's orbit.

We took the picture from a telescope. I think the only one high enough to get through the helium in the atmosphere is the one in China. Source would be hard to pin down because you can get these photos and info from every science website or astronomy text book. I guess you could look it up on Nasa.com

I don't think we're supposed to pass through it for another 50 years. This is concept art for when that happens.

Retard confirmed

Not a lot of people know about science. The immediate reaction most people have when their intelligence is threatened is to name call.

Fuck this troll I'm out this thread

Calling me a troll doesn't make your pseudoscience true.

Sudo rm /self

That's retarded, you know how many times you could fit the earth in saturn and how small it looks when you go outside at night?

Why would appear bigger than Saturn at the same distance.

so.....was this a really epic troll or what?

Everything went over everybody's head. Nobody is this stupid. Of all the people who understand sarcasm, it should be you fuckers.

No