Is Pitchfork's critics not allowed to give rap albums bad reviews, because damm this is pure shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAn3JdtSrnY
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/?genre=rap
imgur.com/a/MNMwn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Criticising rap is racist

now gibe reparations

Pitchfork hates Childish Gambino, but then again he's basically white so I don't think he really counts

Pretty much this. Pitchfork desperately wants to be seen as really progressive and understanding of hip hop culture despite being a site built on reviewing indie rock.

You couldn't named over 20 other shit album/mixtape reviews but Sremmlife 2 wasn't even that bad 2bh.

Yeah, but 7,6 seems a little too high, give the bad reviews that they for every dadrock album. It's like they dont even listen to the album they just write what will please their nu-male of audience.

How could these albums possibly have the same score

>what is rating on a different scale of genre

Which is messed up. If they are going to apply a fixed rating system to each album, they shouldnt be "weighting" certain artists or genres

well you see, one is ebin black pop trap, and the other is unbearably white indie

>is pitchfork not allowed to give rap albums bad reviews
Correct

>100 points scale
Why even bother with this shit website?

Because it's a good album you cuck, go listen to Bach you faggot no one likes your old ass

you realize you dont have to give a shit about the critics or anyone's ratings, right?

muh white guilt

inb4 "that doesn't count"

Why people who like rap always talk like they have brain damage?

Yeah, people don't seem to understand that you're actually being more racist when you do this. On the other hand, it's hard to compare certain genres this way. That's why it's probably not a good idea to think about these kinds of things "objectably!" when it never can be.

>go listen to Bach you faggot
>what average rap listener thinks is an insult

>listens to rae strummtard
>calling other people cucks
W E W

>How can a rap album made by NIGGERS have the same score as this horrible, bland indie garbage made by always of polynesian transgender records?!?!

You really listen to vaginal bullshit like this? Lol come on man get it together. I would rather listen to Yachty any day of any week.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAn3JdtSrnY

maximum irony

They gave desiigner 4.5 and Yachty 4.7

Did any rock albums get a 4.5 and 4.7? So like, ppl say pitchfork is biased towards rap then why are the lowest scores of the year rap?

7,6 is a bad score for pitchfork.

Anything below 8 = Bad

If you watch and interview with these dudes it's very very clear that they do not have brain damage

It's not MORE racist to judge rap by different things than one would judge rock. They're trying to accomplish different things. Also it's not like no black ppl make rock music lol. You wouldn't judge a ballet dancer player on how well they do gymnastics so why would you judge a rapper based on standards you've been taught growing up that rock music is inherently of more value ("all your favorite hits... Without the rap!" +++my school taught me that rap is violent and bad), and diss Rae Sremmurd for including memes in their lyrics?

especially since most rock bands have "I love you" "bring us back together again" etc etc etc, basically stock lyrics. To say Rap is inferior Bc the songs are about the same thing and have similar lyrics is ridiculous because rock, folk, pop, pretty much any genre with lyrics falls victim to this.

why are you using , instead of . ?

Yes, they should, but maybe not in the way they're doing it. Music should be judged based upon how successful the artist was in getting across their message. A symphony should not be rated on the same scale as a top 20 pop hit. Both might be good, but they succeed in different areas.

Because we use , for decimals in my native language ?

That album fucking sucks. One of the worst hip hop albums of the year. That black beatles song was shit too, absolute pleb garbage.

Hmmmm

I didn't know they did that in other languages.

What's your native language?

why does it matter? pitchfork is a reference for normalfags who want to know what music will make them look cool. they are hardly even music reviewers at this point, they are more like trendspotters.

ouaish ca va la famille ?

this is a great song and lil boat is as vaginal and nu male friendly as trap rap gets
bad taste alert

That's a good song. Trap is ass.

Its a euro thing

Pour être honnête à mon avis la musique est mal

>he's sitting alone in the corner when Black Beatles comes on

because they tryna talk like the cool black people that make rap lmao bruh I'M WEAK (100) (100)

French.

By the way, we sometimes use the . for clarity. 9.000.000 = 9 millions

It's not racist to judge it by different things, but I question the integrity of those who do. Do they really value these aspects of rap music, or are they just adjusting their expectations and making a guess as to what others might value?

>especially since most rock bands have "I love you" "bring us back together again" etc etc etc, basically stock lyrics.

rap fans, everyone

This is exactly what I imagine that the average male fan of Alvvays looks like.

Also here is an actual crowd picture of one of their concerts. Literally nu males and trannies in front row.

sremmlife 2 is actually a good album though, unlike their first album
also these trips prove you wrong

me in the middle

The guy with the hat the middle is the only normie. He was on the way to go see Future when he accidentally stumbled into that bullshit and started screaming with rage.

>And yet some rap fans cried “foul,” dismissed them as empty-calories frat-rap, a mix of LMFAO’s party rock cut with Ying Yang Twins crunk and packaged in the youthful exuberance of Kris Kross.

>completely nail the reasons why so many people hate them
>give them a good score anyways

one of them looks like [normiememe]Robbie Rotten[/normiememe]

Lil Yachty and Desiigner are literally the only black rappers that p4k panned this year. Not even Blunted On Reality and the new Lil Wayne could get bad scores.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/?genre=rap

A thread about pitchfork and meme rap is a really funny thread

Post Malone got pretty reamed for his latest.

Dogshit lyrics and mediocre production usually nets you a solid 7.0 from Pitchfork. Gucci Mane just records himself mumbling every time his takes a shit and it's a guaranteed 6.0 review.

they realllyy fucked up on this. not in an objective way, but lil yachty is now basically a noisey product. and noisey could wipe p4k out

It was a good album though

people who like rap user not the ones that write it

But in terms of average score, rap was not only lower than rock across all the albums reviewed, it was the lowest of all the genres reviewed this year. Rap as a genre had a lower average score than even pop music.

Also, rock is still the priority on the site; twice as many rock albums were reviewed than rap albums, and rock was reviewed 13% more than the next biggest genre, electronic.
imgur.com/a/MNMwn

>is