Was it really that bad?

Was it really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XuoLcN_fK74
youtu.be/ZgJF5hT3Lrg
telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/9852991/Star-Wars-10-facts-about-the-characters.html?frame=2472695
comedycentral.co.uk/star-wars/articles/23-things-you-didnt-need-to-know-about-star-wars
youtube.com/watch?v=KfQBdRcgizc
youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs
youtu.be/AF3MYGS4M98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It had a lot of potential that war unfortunately wasted, especially how Jar Jar was supposed to be a Sith Lord until George pussied out. Probably the best parts would be all the scenes on Tatooine, the pod race, and the final duel with Darth Maul (Who shouldn't have been killed off so early IMO). The terrible dialogue and overly complicated story dragged it down, unfortunately.

It's still better than TFA, although that's not saying much.

4/10

That lightsaber fight was p dope.

>especially how Jar Jar was supposed to be a Sith Lord until George pussied out.
Fuck off.

the only good prequel

solid 6/10 kino

Calling it Reddit won't make it any less true.

I would rather rewatch it than TFA tbqh

It's better than any of the movies that followed.

It was worse

"That bad" as in "as bad as Sup Forums describes"?

Way worse. Sup Forums gets bizarrely mealy-mouthed about this asinine and poorly-made film.

Its literally a fan theory that came from reddit.

lol yeah i love the darth jar jar theory here's an upvote!

Has maybe the best OST of the series

Jar Jar's actor literally confirmed that it was true in an interview.

Oh I didn't realize this is the part where you make things up on Sup Forums and everyone is supposed to believe you.

Oh he literally did did he?

youtu.be/XuoLcN_fK74
youtu.be/ZgJF5hT3Lrg

If the exact same theory had been posted here first you'd be talking about how it's true and that only patricians understood the beauty of the prequels. This relentless Reddit boogeyman shitposting is why even our own mods think we're a laughingstock (Pic related)

Did JJ make these shitty lens flare covers of EP. I-III ?

>If the exact same theory had been posted here first you'd be talking about how it's true and that only patricians understood the beauty of the prequels. This relentless Reddit boogeyman shitposting is why even our own mods think we're a laughingstock (Pic related)

He's working on the movies.

What was his struggle?

You literally have no argument against it, so you resort to posting laughing reaction images to try and discredit it.

It was pure kino

better than attack of the clones, worse than return of the jedi. to me, it's about even with revenge of the sith.

i can't really enjoy any of the prequels; they just feel so sterile.

Yes. If you don't care at all about star wars or what it does to the franchise, it's still a gruelingly boring piece of shit where every character action and plot progression makes absolutely no sense.

No, but the Tatooine podracing scenes were too long imho.

>He actually believes in the Darth Jar Jar theory

Jesus fucking christ

Lucas is making up lies over and over

Care to explain how it's not true without resorting to le reddit bogeyman?

I like Episode I cause it looks like a movie and not a video game

The only prequel that is not complete trash

Nope.

Best of the prequels because its the last time they shot on film and built some fairly impressive sets.

After this though they just stopped trying with the technical aspects, they clearly thought they were leaving the past behind when they moved over to digital but Sith and AOTC aged horribly as a result.

Still not a fan though because its pretty fucking dull and I never liked star wars much anyway.

Oh, you're retarded. I'm sorry.

>its the last time they shot on film
Lucas actually shot a few scenes digitally and put them in the movie, challenging people to figure out which is which. I know the scene where Qui Gon is talking about midichloriens to anakin is definitely one. Its shot at night and stands out like a sore thumb.

Ironic...

my favourite SW movie for the world building alone, darth maul's music is also very nice even if a bit repetitive

If it didn't have jar jar or Jake Lloyd it would have been a great movie

Still light-years better than episode II

no he didn't

he confirmed that the character was rewritten

jar jar was originally meant to be a mercenary who betrays the team at the end

the darth jar jar theory is a classic case of mental gymnastics

Jar Jar should've been a Klingon-like creature 2bh.

yes it's fucking terrible fampai

>jar jar was originally meant to be a mercenary who betrays the team at the end
You'd better give fucking sauce on that nigger

At least it was somewhat original, unlike episode seven.

look it up nigger

i won't search through millions of articles

>the normies love TFA and the fedoras hate it
>fedora reaction for TFA

You posted it, now you provide proof. Otherwise it's bullshit.

nah TFA is loved by nu-males

OT is for normies and patricians

PT is for brain damaged young adults

Numales maybe, certainly not fedoras and neckbeards

telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/9852991/Star-Wars-10-facts-about-the-characters.html?frame=2472695

comedycentral.co.uk/star-wars/articles/23-things-you-didnt-need-to-know-about-star-wars

>5. Jar Jar Binks is actually a dick. Before being rewritten as comic relief, Jar Jar Binks was a duplicitous mercenary who ultimately betrays Qui-Gon Jinn.

Creature and vehicle designs were far better than the Farce Awakens tbqh.

>No sources
>No real proof
>One is fucking comedy central

wowitsfuckingnothing.png

you can say the same about the darth jar jar garbage theory

No, actually. The Darth Jar Jar theory has a bunch of proof like scenes in the film, interviews with Jar Jar's actor, concept art, and the fact that George felt he needed to make both trilogies "rhyme". Your "theory" is literally shit pulled from 2 sites that have no proof whatsoever to try and discredit something because your autism can't handle it.

>Your "theory"
this is not my theory. this a fact retard
>scenes in the film
yeah retarded moves and his eyes are undeniable evidences
>concept art
looks like a mercenary to me thanks pham
>George felt he needed to make both trilogies "rhyme"
George is a burnt out cokehead who is constantly making up lies
>Jar Jar's actor
he is trolling retarded redditors like you

>this is not my theory. this a fact retard
No it's not. There are literally no facts whatsoever in what you've posted.

>yeah retarded moves and his eyes are undeniable evidences
They kind of are, especially when you remember that George based the Jedi's fighting styles on different methods of swordfighting/martial arts

>looks like a mercenary to me thanks pham
In what way? Explain. Also, keep in mind that the art you posted is titled "Goonga Armor". Pic related is actual Jar Jar concept art.

>George is a burnt out cokehead who is constantly making up lies
Except George never said anything about the theory.

>he is trolling retarded redditors like you
Even if he is, what about the rest of the evidence supporting the theory?

I know thinking is hard for you and makes you angry, but smashing your keyboard only makes you look dumber than you already are.

>Jar Jar was supposed to be a Sith Lord
Just stop it. Even if it were more than a theory, it would have been even more fucking retarded than the Jar Jar we got if it actually made it into the movie.

It elevated the series from "generic scifi fiction" into a true space opera. Of course the dialogue was melodramatic, because that's how operas are. It introduced political intrigue, the tragic hero, the fated downfall of a republic. It was truly amazing. If you took the science fiction out of it, it'd still be like something Shakespeare wrote. It had a certain grace that the force awakens failed to captured and the original only hinted at.

Space action-adventure into space opera is nor an elevation

Yes. The only good part of the prequels was the battle on Mustafar and not because of the story behind it. That part is legitimately a spectacularly beautiful work of art filled to the brim with emotion and power. Most of Sup Forums hates talking about movies in those sorts of artistic terms though and will just copypaste RLM's idiotic opinions.

It was AIDS, mixed with Cancer and anal puss. Fuck the prequels and anyone who likes or defends them literally wears diapers and shits into them.

No. In fact, TPM is the best of the prequels and I will NEVER understand why people think RotS is the best.

It fucks with my mindspace.

Yeah it is. One is something used to sell toys and movies. The other is a work of art.

Thanks for proving my point.

It has the best sets and and art direction of all the prequels. It has the best cast of all the prequels. It's the only one of the prequels with any kind of a feel of adventure. And it has the only fun sequence in the entire prequel trilogy, that being the podrace, it's the only sequence where I kind of felt any sort of tension and it was actually fun.

Superior version:

youtube.com/watch?v=KfQBdRcgizc

dumb slapstick != different methods of swordfighting/martial arts

>In what way?
Tough guy with an armor and a weapon

>Pic related is actual Jar Jar concept art.
I pulled my picture from the same book so "my" picture is just as much a jar jar concept art as yours

>Except George never said anything about the theory.
George is constantly playing the poor victim card and making up shit in order to polish this obnoxious turd

>Even if he is
Of course he does, he has a non-existent career...he wants some attention

>makes you angry
stop projecting on me

>Sup Forums suddenly loves the prequels
We don't serve your kind here. You'll have to wait outside.

youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs

GREAT KINO BRAVO GEORGE

There is no "best of the prequels". They're all total garbage and I as a lifelong Star Wars fan do not count them as canon. They're sterile, lifeless idiotic video game cutscenes. I'm embarrassed for anyone who admits to liking anything about them.

Is this the first time you realized that Sup Forums is nothing but contrarian retards posing as film afficionados? There's a new Star Wars film out there, of course they're going to hate it and love the ones that used to be hated.

he still looks like a douchebag.

This reminds me of Every Frame a Painting's analysis about Drive

Also known as mental gymnastics

>Sup Forums didn't like the prequels

hey newfriend

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME

IT WAS NOT AWFUL

IT WAS JUST VERY VERY VERY DISAPOINTING

>dumb slapstick != different methods of swordfighting/martial arts
When you make the comparison between the two it's obvious that Jar Jar's "clumsiness" is based on drunken fist, which involves making yourself look like a drunk/clumsy oaf to fool your enemy.

>Tough guy with an armor and a weapon
That's obviously concept for gungan armor and you know it.

>I pulled my picture from the same book so "my" picture is just as much a jar jar concept art as yours
Except the art I posted is labeled "Jar Jar Binx". Here's another video about it, although you're probably going to ignore it: youtu.be/AF3MYGS4M98

>George is constantly playing the poor victim card and making up shit in order to polish this obnoxious turd
Learn to read: I just said George hasn't said anything about this theory. Nada, nothing, zilch.

>Of course he does, he has a non-existent career...he wants some attention
Even if that's true, what about the rest of the evidence in support of the theory?

>stop projecting on me
I couldn't project onto you if you gave me a movie theater.

Why are you so upset, anyway? You can just choose not to believe the theory if that makes you feel better.

its the only enjoyable one cus theyre all rly bad movies but w this one at least saying "its good" makes fat bearded 30 y/o men super upset

Bruh, Jar Jar is not doing martial arts in any way, whatsoever.

>Sup Forums is one person

hi /r/starwars

But those ARE pretty shots. Lucas might suck at a lot of things, like writing...and directing...and editing...but he's a good cinematographer.

You know, it's really hard to compare TFA and the Phantom Menace. For one Tfa has way worse score, and there was like only one great action scene that was great (The Tattoine escape).

But at least it wasn't a mess in storytelling

>Boogeyman: The Post

>Was it really that bad?
Yes.
How the fuck is this even a question?

>proud redditor: the poster

>Literally Buzzwords: The Post

here take this and leave FAST

Nice argument, no wonder people think Sup Forums is the worst board.

oh you are looking for a safe space

The second one is worse somehow.