Who does Sup Forums think is the better reviewer and why?

Who does Sup Forums think is the better reviewer and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Rolfe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should of said critic, but you fuckers get the idea.

james. new avgn is eh, but his monster madness and other stuff is good

doug was never good

James, no contest
he let me know House (1977) exists and now it's my favorite movie
props for life

>He's the angry Nintendo nerd
>He's the angry Atari Nintendo nerd
>He's the angry Nintendo nerd
>He's the angry video game nerd
Doug. At least Doug is occasionally funny when he isn't trying to shoehorn his friends in or be impartial.

You could say that James is a bit of both, but Douge is neither, all he does is read a synopsis of a given film over some footage, and makes jokes.
That's neither a review nor criticism.
ironically enough, the times when he talks about movies out of his critic character (like his disney reviews) are the closest he gets from actual criticism.

Doug is fucking awful. It's tough getting through an entire episode.

The AVGN shtick of just saying shit all the time gets old if you watch too much, but he is still entertaining out of character and the other cinemassacre content is also pretty good.

agreed but some of those games really deserve it. personally there are only a handful of AVGN vids where it gets repetitive.

If you honestly care about a single youtube meme "critic" you should kill yourself.

I never watch any of these YouTube "critics" you faggots shitpost about, but why do they always look like absolute fucking neckbeard losers who want to tell you about the superiority of Android operating systems or something?

>these people are nearly 40 years old

No shit.

i used to love the NC, but he got worse over time. when he said he wouldn't do NC anymore, only to come back a few months later because it was literally his only show that got any views, it was over. he should have stayed dead.

james is the better critic, though his stuff got worse over the years as well. new avgn is awful, his other reviews are fine.

It's pathetic. They're like the male version of Felicia Day, except without even her tiny sliver of success.

Brad>>>these two

I watch the shit from cinemasins and I don't care about the rest of these ''critics'' and ''reviewers''

It's actually a pretty good gig to make ridiculous amount of money out of stupid losers with the least amount of work possible hth

Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the YouTube business model. Don't they just get paid like some tiny amount of cents per view? Can you really make significant cash from this?

>one is a sjw beta male cuck

>the other just put sjws in their place

gee I wonder what everyone will pick

You can actually learn something from some AVGN episodes, while you should be pretty dedicated to watch one NG episode.

500k views per day gives you some decent cash

You retards realize that Doug does these videos for a LIVING right?

Say what you will about Doug, he does deliver some fucking videos. He makes one every week while James makes one like once every three months.

I kinda realized that going into this. I just wanted to see if I'd get any answers supporting Doug, that would have actually surprised me. Hehe.

James>AVGN>Douge

I don't know anything about the guy on the left, but I know that Douge is not a real reviewer and not a real critic.

he just went full meme and bent over backwards for tumblr and made some shitty video about whitewashing, what did you expect?

Not much actually lol.

She's cute. Would let her whip my ass bloody and lick farts straight out her asshole.

lewd
please elaborate

Prime Doug > Prime Nerd >>>>>>>>>>> Nerd now > Doug now

>James not a manlet
>Doug a smelly manlet

I think this debate is over.

James has actual articulated opinions about movies. Doug bitches about superficial stuff and alternates between imagining problems in the movie to complain about and firmly planting himself in the middle ground, whichever he thinks will appease his rabid fanbase of spergies more. Despite varying (from godawful to "eh") degrees of comedic prowess and talent in filming/editing reviews, literally everyone from Channel Awesome is a better critic than Doug.

Doug is an alright interviewer though, surprisingly. It's a pity he barely does any interviews to actual interesting people and not channel awesome shills and that his budget is crap tier, but those Tommy Wiseau, Mark and Don Bluth interviews were good.

>Prime Doug > Prime Nerd
Just no. Nerd was way more entertaining. I'm not saying that Doug is wooden but Nerd still takes first place.

>

>wanting to be like Felicia day

HAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

PLEASE....MY SIDES

Prime Doug was great but it's nothing compared to Prime Nerd

Prime Nerd > Prime Doug >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nerd Now >>>> Motherfucker Mikeafucker >>>>>>>>>>>>> Current Doug >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Demo Reel Doug

Nu males look the same to me

When it comes to movies, James has some idea of what he is talking about. At points he can describe and analyse a shot. he rarely does it because it's not what interests him but he can. He can also make something himself that doesn't look like complete shit. say what you will about the AVGN movie, it actually came pretty close technically speaking to a TV movie, while having just a fraction of the budget.
Meanwhile, Douge on comments on plot and characters , sometime very broad visual choices. And the reason for this becomes obvious when you see what happens when he tries to "direct" anything. he has no theoretical or technical knowledge whatsoever, and evey years after his beginning, with dedicated studio space and employees, he stil lrelies on Rob "steady-hands" Walker for most filming, despite him being equally incompetent

Angry Joe

James actually offers legitimate criticisms of game design. It's often obvious shit, but at least there's genuine analysis.

Douge literally just gives a recap of the film and makes jokes at the expense of shitty acting.

>Not even a hoverhand
Either he slammed that, or he doesn't care about his wife.

James
>Does his research
>Usually has some sort of emotional investment in what he's looking at
>Can point out various aspects of the game/movie beyond the superficial
>Never takes his skits seriously and doesn't tend to drag them on too long

Doug
>checks the wiki/imdb page for trivia
>used to review films he'd seen before, but has long since abandoned that
>nitpicks a script. He couldn't even point out technical issues in the fucking Room.
>His skits took over his show

Totally agree. When James just talks about movies it's maximum comfy mode

AVGN

AVGN is clearly much better.

Where did you get the idea that I was saying Felicia Day contributed anything? Felicia Day is retarded, and these guys are marginally more retarded because they're not even as successful.

Both barely do any actual reviewing but James does slightly more so him so James but his hair loss is more distracting

This.

his videos are just great, no big studio, no over exaggerated personality, just genuine love of what he's talking about. and his basement looks cozy as fuck.

I don't watch any of them but judging by the pictures I'd say left is more tolerable. The one on the right looks like those lulsorandom which exaggerate everything they say and do and scream at the camera.

It's interesting how Douge apparently radiates his shitty sense of humor

Wasn't that a review by Mike? I never watched it because I actually like the movie and didn't want to hear Mike saying "The creators were on ACID lmao!" over and over again

any names on that girl? My god those are some fine tits.

random fan #40404

Yup, that's about right.
youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64

You need to change that back to the original filename

>The Janitor's Wife

is that his wife?

He married her so you don't have to

Yes, one of the benefits of being an early e-celeb.

I like RLM and the one who fucks dogs

To clarify, thats douges wife in case your face blind.

What are some "Prime Doug" reviews?

Fuck, is he autistic or something?

>douge
>funny
pick one

>the cuck
what a waste of trips

quality of quantity, bitch

>James' hair loss is MORE distracting
>douge's hairline is behind his head

Dogue is better because he gave us TGWTG crew. Watching all those aging manchilds failing at life is more entertaining than anything that Doug or James ever produced.

Is this the official Latza thread?

The Nerd

Doug just panders and actually tried to pass the live action Cinderella as decent

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Rolfe

I'm really feeling AVGN making a come back.

Sure, but James had donebit a LONG TIME now. He's like 40s or 30s because he started in his 20s before anyone else did it.

Are you retarded?
James is responsible for the TGWTG crew

>feeling your muscles
Do autists not normally have proprioception?

It's true though

I did a sit up once afterwards my lower abs started rumbling. It was really painful but then I took a shit and felt better

Anyone who watches this shit was probably molested as a child. Why you retards are tolerated here is anyone's guess.

What exactly counts as prime Doug? I see nothing but hate for him on Sup Forums so I'm curious as to what work of his is considered good

I don't watch either of these two ugly faggots and never will.

That piece of shit has never produced anything worth watching. The retards here who actually watch his stuff haven't been here for more than a year.

NC isn't entertaining in or out of character. If James decided to give up the AVGN persona and just do normal reviews and talk about nerdy shit, I'd probably start watching his channel again.