Has anyone not had their glitched price order from HP cancelled?

Has anyone not had their glitched price order from HP cancelled?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36941960
gyazo.com/b413986e9e49889fdb610322fbb09eb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

My order is waiting on stock apparently, heres hoping they actually honor the orders

>they apologize for the error
>thinking they would honor a glitch that wasn't meant to happen

what is it like living with autism?

inb4 i have hit a person before and apologized for it later so??

>kek

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36941960
shiieeett
thought this shit was fake

gyazo.com/b413986e9e49889fdb610322fbb09eb4
sorry mate

Here's the mail I had yesterday.
Hasn't been cancelled yet but it's only a matter of time I guess

same for me - not cancelled yet... but not holding my breath

How many did you order?
I decided not to be a greedy fag and just get two but it seemed like most in the thread were ordering >10

Holy fuck why didn't I know about this? ALso, there should be some type of thread or something dedicated to price glitches.

one. as you say not a greedy fuck. maybe they are weeding the ten at time orders first...

there was a thread - but you had to be here to see it...

Same here they've apparently accepted my order for four of them. Say a prayer.

>maybe they are weeding the ten at time orders first...

Yeah, that's my take on it too. But it's hard to see even the lower number orders making it out of the warehouse.

we shall know in a week or two...

Same
British consumer law should make it illegal for them not to honour now since they've accepted the order. Also, since I paid using paypal, the money's already been paid to them meaning there is no way they can possibly argue we don't have a contract

Lol you are an idiot.

That is what I thought - but after advice here in another thread

"
EVEN IF you have a "valid contract" (congratulations) they would STILL "breach" (which is arguable... i will explain) because you dont have any damages. and Specific Performance wouldnt be granted because the good is not unique enough. you can just buy another laptop, its not like this laptop is the mona lisa.

but more importantly a contract for sale at LITERALLY .1% of market value (im estimating here, but you get the idea) would most likely be viewed as unconscionable. remember that contract law has its roots in the courts of equity. they consider fairness, not just rules. so it doesnt matter if you made an offer and they accepted thereby forming a contract. if they realize there was a scrivener's error, theyre not going to be held to it."

I think there is no hope...

lol you are idiot for posting this.

i got that email like an hour ago, really hoping they honour as i need a laptop for uni

Isn't there a false advertisement thing? I thought they had to honor any purchases made until the correction is officially made.
At least that's what happened to my uncle. A store paper said Battlefront 2 was only $15 at release and my uncle went and brought two copies. Even though his total was $120, when he showed them the price in the paper they had to honor that and only change him $30

Interesting
I just assumed it'd be the case that I'd technically be able to sue but the legal fees wouldn't be worth it

HP are probably consulting their lawyers at the moment deciding on the best way to shut this down without creating negative publicity

good contribution

Did no one read the article? They said they are not going to honor any of the orders and everyone will get those money refunded.

They didn't have to honour it, they probably did out of goodwill. There is no false advertisement thing and people need to stop thinking companies are not allowed to make mistakes.

Did you not read the thread? The question is whether there's any legal obligation to honour it

If you read the T&C it's says they can cancel any order made online for any reason. There is no legal obligation for them to honor their mistake.

The t&cs say they reserve the right to reject any order
The point is that several people have had their orders confirmed and accepted since the website was fied

But when you order shit online your order isn't completed untill the items go out for delivery. Since none of the orders went out for delivery none of the orders were completed.

Are you actually this dense or are you purposely being retarded?
Look up british consumer law and contract law and then come back

It says right in their T&C they can cancel any order that hasn't been delivered yet.

well that's not how british consumer law works so yeah...
>if a company says they reserve the right to kick someone in the face, that doesn't give them the legal right to do it

That is off of their uk website. There is nothing anyone can do about it. When you buy a product online you automatically agree to the T&C

Again, that's not how the law works
>if a company says in the smallprint that by purchasing a pen, they gain all properties you own, they won't legally be able to claim your house

then why are you posting here? go and sue them

Well then contact a lawyer and he will tell you the same thing. The terms and conditions is basically a contract you agree too when you buy those products. If what you say is true they wouldn't have said they can cancel an order before delivery wheither or not payment was made. There is a reason company's put shit like that in their T&C to cover thier asses when shit like this happens.

seeand you retard

So if I mistakenly offered to pay 2000% more for the item then I can't get out of it? You are getting goodwill confused with legal obligation.

you sue to get a concrete interpretation of the law by the court.
do you not have an insurance which pays your legal bills?

If you an item was advertised at £2,000 when it clearly should have been £20 and you paid £2,000 for it, then they would have no legal requirement to reimburse you
Although, consumer rights include the right to return items in certain circumstances. And most companies wouldn't take the bad pr for 2 grand

Legal insurance? Why would I have that? Besides, as that user above said, a judge probably wouldn't rule in my favour for the reasons listed