Sup /b

Sup /b

Traveling to Italy in a few weeks, anyone ever been? If so which city should I go to? Got a really cheap package carted up for Milan, but Rome and Venice are also options. Any input is welcomed

go to da michele in napoli for best pizza
napoli is gritty and less touristy than many parts

bump

amalfi coast but der

I live there, ask me anything.

Personal advice: Florence.

Milan is dope night life make sure to go to Naviglia, its a river with bars, clubs, and little tent shops. The also have a CitiBike like bike system and Tram cars to go all around. Il Duomo there while it isnt the main Duomo is still cool and you can go to the top.

Rome is cool if youve never been, i recommend going to all the tourists spots to see them if you never had. Buy a book on that shit though Audio tours are gay af. Same deal in Rome with the Tiber river, lots of cool places to hang out.

If you want to knw more ill prob lurk but im done pooping so im out for now

Can't fly in to Napoli

Looks stunning will definitely look into this

I don't think I can fly into Florence from RyanAir, but I'll ask you this

Does Florence have an American football club?

The Hostel I have lined up is like a 10 min walk from Duomo is this prime location?

I think there's something in Florence, but I'm no expert. As you may imagine it's not a thing in here.

Lol I can imagine. I play in Germany and no one gives a fuck about it really but I live for free and get a check every two weeks too. Not much but I'm seeing Europe very cheap. Thinking about playing in a different country next year

I've heard locals are very stubborn when it comes to speaking English, much more so than other EU nations. Any truth to this?

Yes! Lots of cool stores and things to do since youre so close to the Centre.

Other anons are saying Florence and while I agree Florence is great, maybe one of my favorite citys, its lame in the summer because of how hot it can get. I go every year to see family and just got back yesterday so things are still fresh in my mind. If youre looking for a gkd resturant in a city i got you

go to florence

You're intriguing me greatly. Would I be hard pressed to have a good time for two days in Milan with 100 euros in my pocket?

Italian fag here, yes it is, learn some basic lingo and don't expect much from older locals, us italians are stupid af when it comes to foreign languages

Bumping for interest

If you like to do tourist shit, research beforehand where to get combined ticket cards that allow you to visit multiple monument/museums. Be aware that sometimes this will mean that you'll get access only to a part of the monument/museum. E.g. In Rome maybe there's a ticket that allows entry to coliseum and Vatican museum but not Sistine chapel part of Vatican museum. Who knows.
The reason you want these is because they'll often allow you to skip the ticket queue which can be over 45 minutes long. Furthermore, if you're going to stand in a queue anyway, don't be a dumbass and plan to go at 1 pm when the day is hottest.

Rome is cool because part of the monuments and old roman forum are open-air and free access. Venice is cool for similar reasons, lots of old nice looking buildings. Venice is also a giant pedestrian-only zone. You will get ripped off for gondola trips if you feel like taking one. Not worth it. Go back when you've got a gf and go together. Also the city smells like sewer in summer and floods over in winter.

Be forewarned, all italians go on summer holiday in august. And they all go on holiday to other placed within italy. Beaches gun be packed, everything that has a queue will get one.

If you don't speak the language, stick to clubs full of tourists.

If you have 2 weeks or more, and want to do something cool, look to taking a large sailing boat trip along the coast (3 masts), maybe working on the boat if you're poor.

Also, I'm from Bologna, ama

A flight to Florence would be much more expensive, but would it be worth it? Sell me on Florence

Thank you for your input user

Shameless self-bump

Full of american students.

>sell me on Florence

HEY YOU, DO YOU LOVE BEAUTIFUL RIVER SIDE VIEWS AND DELICIOUS CAFE FOOD? ARE YOU A FAN OF BIG FUCKIN BUILDINGS AND SMELLY LOCALS? DOES YOUR DICK GET HARD AT THE SIGHT OF CLASSICAL ART AND HISTORICAL PROMONICE? THEN YOU'RE GONNA LOVE FLORENCE, FUCK YEAH!! STAND IN THE STREETS AND SOAK IN THE SMELLS OF THE SWEATY ITALIAN STREET CROWDS, FEEL THE RUSH OF EXCITEMENT AS YOU GET PICK POCKETED ON A CROWDED TROLLY, AND NEVER FORGET YOUR ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO PRETEND TO BE THE GUY FROM ASSASSIN'S CREED TWO!! GO TO FLORENCE TODAAAAY!

>RyanAir

I thought you wanted to visit Italy, not get buried there

Rome is full of gypsies, but you wont probably notice because they look the same as Italians.
Btw. good luck If you don't speak Italian, because 98% of those monkeys don't know anything except they`r own language. Everything is overpriced. Fuck Milano, fuck Venice, fuck Napoli..visit small villages instead and enjoy your vacation.

kek

Unsafe airline? My roommates have taken it one had a flight cancelled that's all the trouble they dealt with though

Could you give me some examples of said small villages

Florence. Definitely one of the nicest cities, lots of history and art stuff to see there. Also nice people, it's clean and a rather relaxing place to be for a couple days.
Also it's close to Pisa and the Leaning Tower there.

Rome is pretty neat but overrun with tourists and people trying to rip tourists off, so be careful. Especially the Vatican City is almost unbearably crowded in holiday season...

Venice is basically the same, just with more water and pidgeons.

If you really want to get a glimpse on italian dolce vita, my advice is to just rent a car and drive around in Tuscany or the Garda Lake or some coastline or wherever you want basically.

Milan is ok, hit the lakes while you're there.

Definitely go to Venice, Florence, Genoa and Turin. Rome leave for another trip.

I've been to Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa and Assisi. I would recommend Rome and Florence. Venice smells and is expensive and crowded, Pisa is a shithole outside of the walls of the tower and chapel, Assisi is cool but out of the way.

This is the truth.

if u go to paris you can see the berlin wall its italy's national landmark