APHEX TWIN CALLED MOBY A 'BUFFOON'

Moby btfo

>Speaking on Thump’s recent Rave Curious podcast, Moby recalls a 1993 tour with Aphex Twin, Orbital and Vapourspace. He says James told a journalist at the time that he “couldn’t understand” why Moby was booked for the same tour, reportedly dismissing the US artist as “just a buffoon.”

>Moby then tells podcast presenter Joshua Glazer that he thought it “was a shame” because he had liked Aphex Twin’s records at the beginning, but that it has been “hard to continue to like someone’s music when you know they hold you in contempt.”

>Moby had addressed the Aphex beef in his Porcelain memoir, which was published in June. “I wanted to like Aphex Twin,” Moby noted in the book, as pointed out by Rolling Stone, “because I loved his records. But he rarely spoke to anyone, and when he gave interviews he criticized me for playing guitar on stage.”

>He added: “He called me an elitist in the press, when actually I just had crippling tour-bus-inspired insomnia.”

>Elsewhere in the Rave Curious podcast, Moby reveals that he always felt like Warp Records had “a degree of contempt” for him, possibly because he couldn’t compete with the “cool” bar as set by other Warp acts like Black Dog and L.F.O. Moby’s 1991 single ‘Go’ was licensed through Outer Rhythm, who was affiliated with Warp.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEP-Qpw3lHg
youtu.be/0z0iuWh3sek?t=50s
youtube.com/watch?v=mEfo080ryB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gotta say, if this is true, Richard's kind of a dick

Does he like anyone?

i think it's safe to assume that RDJ doesn't hold anybody in high regard

cont.

Yeah, I gotta say that I kind of view Richard differently now. Granted, he may've changed from then, but still...dick move

He likes Stockhausen right?

He reached out to a 12 year old autistic fan and let him direct his first music video in like 20 years
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEP-Qpw3lHg

I'd say that redeems him

yet stockhausen excoriated him for using too many post-african repetitions

And RDJ responded

>James, an admirer of Stockhausen, replied, "I thought he should listen to a couple of tracks of mine: "Digeridoo", then he'd stop making abstract, random patterns you can't dance to".[25]

also Philip Glass, Erik Satie, the list goes on...

He's right though

it's common for a real artist to hate a faker especially when the faker is put in the same space as them (e.g. booked for the same tour) because it shows the audience can't tell the difference

Kinda funny, considering Richard is the reason I hate Kanye, and now Moby is the reason I hate Richard.
Who's gonna continue the chain and expose Moby, I wonder?

>le charitable celeb meme xD
If anything he used that poor kid for free labor

>free

How is Moby a faker? He seems like a really cool guy and I love his music!

Moby BTFO

moby is shite tho

lol

Moby is shite

he sounds like hes more fucking around with him then actually being a dick desu with his personality.

>I hate musicians because other musicians said they were meanie-bo-beanies
Holy shit kys

to add on it would be a very aphex thing to do to introduce yourself to someone by calling them a buffoon without realizing an american will take loads of offence at it and take you totally serious.

Moby might be the one and only artist I can't listen to because his politics are so ridiculous.

It's funny how Richard likes to BTFO everyone, even Kanye and Radiohead themselves, it would really be funny if he insulted someone like Daft Punk or Justice

maybe just listen to some of his shitty dull music then you will hate him

More like I hate Kanye because he ripped off Avril 14 and refused to admit it even when Richard reached out and said "hey I'm glad you sampled my stuff, but can you give me credit on the track?"

i don't remember him blowing kanye west the fuck out. all i remember is him saying he didn't like the way avril 14th was sampled and offered to play it for the album, but kanye's people acted like faggots about it and wouldn't let him

it was probably his legal team not him. wanting to avoid paying fees as he probably assumed richard would not just want credit but money.

i do think kanye is a dick but i do not think he is /that/ much of a dick esp for a musician he clearly likes and admires.

offering to play it for the album is how you blow someone the fuck out without being a dick. blow them out by being extremely nice and then kanye blows himself the fuck out

>not listening to an artist because of politics
fucking kys

>neo Sup Forums defends Moby
wew lad

this
>le bald vegan cultural apropiation fagget

How is moby a "faker"? Was his music not real? Did he not produce it?

>tour-bus-inspired insomnia
huh

Everyone who replied is a retard.
I get it user.
>Which one?

Did Richard say something about Die Antwoord? Since they've used Ageispolis and the black dancing RDJ and Aphex t-shirts on the music video

Yeah seriously wtf? I respect others opinions and even appreciate certain Moby tracks, but I've honestly never met anybody defensive of the guy..

That's because Sup Forums is full of idiots who are all right wing, when the truth is being left wing (the right way) is the ultimate red pill. Moby used to be at least for the most part a political visionary, and he is one of the hardest working musicians out there. Very independent. But I won't go on. You worthless faggots only hear what you want to hear.

kek no need to say anything about him when letting him do all that shit shows that they must have talked and probably is glad to see a fan use his tracks like that while giving proper credit. probably what would have happened with kanye if kanye had actually given him credit, then nothing would need to be said.

I think it's hard to get much out of Richard. The story in the OP came from Moby's mouth, not Richard himself.
yeah encapsulated by this:
youtu.be/0z0iuWh3sek?t=50s
and to image I used to somewhat like Moby's early work

>he criticized me for playing guitar on stage

richard confirmed retard

>austistic
so are half of afx's fanbase, that's not saying much

>youtu.be/0z0iuWh3sek?t=50s
This is the kind of retarded shit I'm talking about.

This and the fact that he said if he ever haves a son he hopes he turns out gay or transsexual. What a fucking idiot.

Haves? Jesus I need to go to bed. Has*

>tfw people hate moby

;_;

mfw someone doesn't understand legitimacy in art but still uses a music board

I don't listen to either artist, but you should actually explain instead of being a shitty frog poster

>you should actually explain instead of being a shitty frog poster
>being a shitty frog poster
>frog

basically art is legitimate if it's written to communicate an honest message from the artist and illegitimate if the message if affected (music designed to sound "cool" or to imitate another artist) or especially if it's designed to sell well

youtube.com/watch?v=mEfo080ryB4

To long, didn't read. Honestly though, have any of you ever listened to Moby's music unirononically?

yeah sure I used to love Play and I still think his animal rights punk album is interesting

trying to stay relevant by name dropping someone far more advanced as an artist than he is. It isnt hard to see how unlikable moby is. I dont understand how this changes anyones view of him. Moby is a disingenuous poser trend hopper that would probably let you fuck his girlfriend. Its plain as day.