Time is a flat circle

>time is a flat circle

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ARMF1Qr-zDI
youtube.com/watch?v=mI97jTpzzYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he meant "buy the dvd fucker"

Haven't you ever seen what a clock looks like?

Time is a pizza.

>2016
>dvd

he's refering to the small mirror he looks at. it's a tiny clock

earth is flat

I smoked DMT and finally understood what he was talking about.

time for some bad pussy

I think this explains it pretty well

Time is a fat pussy.

Is this show good or just meme?

LOL us oldfags right? haha :)

A thought experiment by nietzsche he took literally.

What is that Nichè? SHUT THE FUCK UP

Its a really good thriller,very neo noir-ish and its one of my favorite series by far
People here shit on it because they wanted it to be a cosmic horror flick

annoying random meme talk

Things don't 'get better' over time, in a broad sense it's just the same stuff over and over

The first five episodes are some of the best things ever put on a screen. Six, 7, and 8 are decent-good.

It's OK; just OK.

>neo noir

Fag

caspere knew this

my daughter's dead i'm an alcoholic and i think this is an excellent time to take my shirt off

it's great, no joke

He was taunting god.

youtube.com/watch?v=ARMF1Qr-zDI

the first four episodes are great, the fifth one is mediocre, the last three are dog shit
so, no it's not as good as people say

its ok

highly overrated

>last three are dog shit

cmon now, the show peaked at episode 5 but 6-7-8 are completely fine

youtube.com/watch?v=mI97jTpzzYM

The first season is pretty solid, largely because the creator ripped off a bunch of other works. Still, had me looking forward to the next episode.

The second season is loved only by people obsessed with finding little details and bullshit who don't care about pacing. Basically the kind of folks who get annoyed when the tv adaptation of their favorite book is in any way different from the book.

What exactly did he rip off?

lol

The biggest examples were a philosopher (Ligotti) and Alan Moore. A lot of the show's best lines were lifted directly from a Ligotti book.

Why did the idiot throw the clock out the window?

Because it reminded him of Richard Clock, the man convicted of knife-raping his wife.

Sorta surprised nobody answered you. He was referencing Nietzsche's eternal recursion.

It's good but overhyped.

nah, mate
s1 peaked with e04 with those final shots of Regie LeDoux(or whatever the fuck his name was) walking half naked through that field with the machete
after that it's just went completely downhill, especially with the last three episodes
>Rust fucking Marty's wife out of nowhere
>just to create some tame drama and tension between them that get resolved pretty quickly
>this happens ofc so they can finally solve the case together and find le bad guy(Yay!)
>that scene where Rust shows to Marty the rape video that was suppose to be disturbing, but it was actually laughable, like i literally laughed during that scene
all these things that i greentexted are shit that i would typically except to be in some shitty ABC, CBS crime drama, not in a fucking HBO produced series, and particularly not after the great first four episodes

It's meta-discourse. If you haven't caught onto that yet, you have to re-watch it.

>time is a flat circle
>we've been here before

Who knows wtf Rust Cohle means by that, but the writers meant that he's a character in a TV show, so his life is repeated over and over for the audience, and he does the same shit each time.

I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

time is counted in a linear matter

past -> present - > future

but in his interpretation

the past/present future are a constantly reoccurring thing

you move on but the past keeps coming into the present and leads you into the future

or your future is a step back into your past

I feel like there's a simpler way of doing this.

a flat circle....mannn

All circles are flat though, did he mean to say a flat sphere?

The first season starts off strong and maintains that for a while until it turns out the main character is basically Mel Gibson in Signs and all he needed was to feel the love of the universe and all his emotional problems go away. Second season is laughable.

funny my guess would be a clock.

Same, I was thinking of a clock.

"this is the forth time" line from the matrix comes to mind

time is a illusion were already dead mane

I think it's about a person's "nature": Like how Marty keeps getting drunk and fucking younger girls. Or Rust himself, who tries to be normal for a few years with that one girl but eventually goes back to his lone-wolf ways because he's just an edgy faggot. He says it at some point, past a certain age you know who you are and so on; you're stuck with that.

I've always thought of time as an imperfect circle, based on our flaws; and that the goal is to evolve until that circle is actually flawless.

Hes doing the Interstellar bit

time as a circle is a meme.

Sup Forums ← actually retarded to the point where something this simple is treated like it's "pretentious"

This is a huge theme of the show. If eternal return isn't true for us, it's definitely true for characters in fictional stories. The police procedural genre mixes with cosmic horror when one detective suspects he's a fictional character fulfilling some larger dramatic cycle. The villain is also aware of his situation as the monster at the end of the story and is driven to break his cycle of trauma/death. He tries to contort the circle into a recursive spiral, collapsing his reality and escaping.

Because the past and future are colliding in season 1, foreshadowing and motifs appear throughout the story. The villains stick sculptures not only mark past deeds but give stage directions to the detectives. In addition, past trauma seeps into children's drawings. The louisiana landscape figuratively perpetuates the cycle by consuming and hiding any traces of history to be learned from.

Honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen. It has this great nihilistic tone, all wrapped up in a neo noir atmosphere, with just the slightest hint of supernatural to spice it up without being over the top.

Also has one of the best nude scenes ever.

Everyone does that though.

>Fucked Marty's wife out of nowhere

Marty had been fucking around for forever, this conflict between both his wife and him, and Rust and him were front and center since episode 1. Rust is attractive, she's spurned, it makes sense when she's trying to get back at her husband.

>resolved pretty quickly

In the context of episodes, yes, but takes place over years in the narrative of the story. Even then it's tenuous.

>All the rest

I haven't seen the show since it originally aired, so I can't remember what you're talking about but it definitely didn't stand out in my memory.

Its NITCH

he meant that he could only express his representation of a phenomenon that has spatial and process related features in a way that could be comprehended geometrically without a lot of messy transform equations involving gravitation and relativistic influences, and that for entities capable of occupying more than four physical dimensions, the appearance of time can be reduced by one dimension and the periods of time can even be transcended by means of the additional dimension, theoretically speaking, of course

no man is wiser than Semyon and his one-liners

just finished season one 10 mins ago and found out the second season is shit. fuck. and no mcconaughey? fuck

Don't forget that stupid method of finding the killer "le green house = green ears, it must be the killer who painted this house!"

S2 is better than S1.

He just doesnt realize was a square what a retard

i can't remember a single memorable scene with marty's wife and Rust, i can't even remember a single exchange between them
the whole thing fell just like a copout,both that and them later fighting, and then reconciling
even if did take place over years, this "two characters put aside their differecnces and disagreements for the greater good" shit has been done to death
it's just lazy cliched writing

It is that good. I don't even think the first season is overrated, or that the final episodes are bad

yeah that aswell
that's why i've been putting of rewatching s1, even though i kinda want to, because i feel like i'll like it even less than i did the first time

It means everything is happening now and the past and present are illusions you stupid niggers

Rust was Marty's wife's easiest person to go to. And she knew it was going to infuriate Marty should he ever find out, and that was her intention as she knew Marty was cheating on her.

Obviously that sex wasn't about feelings and their connection, it was primal and her just taking advantage of Rust.

>i can't remember a single memorable scene with marty's wife and Rust

thats because youre a simpleton faggot who cant into subtlety. besides, that was just a secondary plot point: people close enough just end having sex.

want a memorable scene? when rust went to martys home and was fixing some house issue and marty told him to get the fuck out immediately. that tibdit was enough to forshadow what was going to end happening. thats cucking 101.

Perhaps time is linear but existence is a cyclical?

* is cyclical

First season is one of the best thing you'll ever see on tv.

It's Aryan mathematics. Linear Jew time and base 10 maths is a lie. That's why everything seems like a degraded copy of a former version. A time wave hit Earth in the past week, and we are going to see a massive increase in weird shit as space-time reorders itself, both from the past and the future.