This man is one of the most brilliant actors in Hollywood yet is forever doomed to play side roles

This man is one of the most brilliant actors in Hollywood yet is forever doomed to play side roles.

Why does this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WNmEejLTEgI
youtube.com/watch?v=2YHl_0P2EJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=MaqmBOyNCuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=WNmEejLTEgI

He's said himself that he always wanted to be the guy doing the supporting roles and that he wouldn't suit the limelight anyway.

That said, he is indeed a fucking fantastic actor and is criminally underrated. Nailed his character in Sideways.

Because he isn't handsome or ugly in that exaggerated and fashionable way (adam driver, benedinc cumberbitch etc.)

Somebody hasn't seen Sideways or American Splendor

Did you see him in John Adams?

youtube.com/watch?v=2YHl_0P2EJ4

He's an actor, not a model.
That is why he is still around, and will be until he dies.

Character actors get to play more interesting characters anyway, and usually are more prolific than a lot of "starring role" actors.

If I had the choice, I'd be a character actor any day of the week

are you playing a faggot today, cuz it looks like you are? it is just a prank bro :^)

Fucking fantastic.

even his character in 30 rock was fucking great.

Let's dance, Funnybones!

doesn't he have a starring role on a series right now?

it's called "billions" or some shit, he's a prosecutor trying to prosecute some rich guy

This. Plain and simple.

Still a millionaire and gets to leave the house without being raped by papparazzi though. What would you rather? It's basically like being a NEET richfag.

Yeah, it's a good show as well. Would recommend.

I hate the Paul Giamatti is good meme. He plays the same character in literally every single movie. Sleazy everyman with at least one yelling scene, which shows the limited scope of his acting. I just don't get it.

The Squatter?

At least he gave us this. Is John Adams the best casted mini series ever?

not even close

>He's said himself that he always wanted to be the guy doing the supporting roles and that he wouldn't suit the limelight anyway

That's awesome. That's what I'd want to do if I was an actor. Bad guys and other supporting roles.

Chris Elliot looks good for his age

>mfw Jefferson played by based Stannis

youtube.com/watch?v=MaqmBOyNCuE

The role fit him like a glove.

>le sweaty neurotic jew

He can only play himself like Will Smith

Cause he's white