Can you name one cultural difference between Denmark and Norway?

Can you name one cultural difference between Denmark and Norway?

Other urls found in this thread:

snl.no/Norge_og_Noreg/etymologi):
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

snus
oh right, even snus is swedish

Skiing

Lego vs. cheese slicer

Language and climate, Laws as well.

Norwegian is semi-comprehensible.

Yes I can.

> Skiing
> Mountain hiking and hiking in general is the norwegian pasttime
> Different languages
> I dont know what danes do, but norwegians usally goes to their cabin in the weekend.

Why do Norwegians go to their cabin in the weekend?

To escape the screams of our daughters getting enriched.

The Danes have a sense of humor

No because Norway is Danish

It should be, and Finland should be swedish. Like It's almost always been

Can you name one cultural difference between Canada and the US?

Canada is more liberal than the us

Canada is better

I could be wrong though, overall very singlar cultures

>Why do Norwegians go to their cabin in the weekend?
National-romanticism gave us a cultural identity is closely tied to nature. Also romanticism of a simpler life. Alot of people choose to not have electricity in their cabin, so that is more authentic.

You're not wrong, they're just thinner, more liberal americans.

DELET

frozen pizza

The Scandinavian countries are all the same thing. It's like how Canadians will protest they aren't American. They're all just Sweden.
>Oil Sweden
>Lego Sweden
>IKEA Sweden
>Russian Sweden
>Volcano Sweden

All of scandinavia is danish. Norse was known as danish tongue amongst the contemporary norse people. Your own incompetanse is the reason you guys are just a couple of beaches now.

Sweden is slightly different though. We have developed a more distinct culture

>All of scandinavia is danish
Danskjävlar ska aldrig styra Sverige igen för fan!!

Wrong. Not Danish, but Germanic. 1-2 thousand years ago the languages in northern Europe, including Germany and the UK was much more similar than today.

Norway is closer in culture to sweden then denmark.

- No danish channels on TV
- No talk about danish politics in media
- No exposure to danish culture
- No danes here
- Understand swedish better then danish
- Everyone in norway has been in Sweden atleast one time. Not so for denmark
- Behaviour and cultural values differ more.

Most norwegian could move to Sweden no problem, not so for denmark. It a bit weird and different.

The differences are slightly bigger than the difference between Norway and Sweden.

The vikings from Sweden, Norway and Denmark called their language dönsk tungu (danish tongue) and not norse.

You are wrong. Norway was founded by the Danish and kept a good relationship with Denmark throughout the years. This is also why Norway and Sweden had gone to war so many times.

kamelasa

This tbqh.

>- No talk about danish politics in media
>- No exposure to danish culture
>- No danes here
wrong

>- Understand swedish better then danish
true

>- Everyone in norway has been in Sweden atleast one time. Not so for denmark
Where I live more people have been to denmark

>Most norwegian could move to Sweden no problem, not so for denmark. It a bit weird and different.
just the language really

Kek, no.

No one knows that

>Norway was founded by the Danish

LOL, no.

Norway was founded in 872. Got a bit cucked by Denmark after the Black Death in 1349 though

>Norway was founded in 872

Alot of it on originally danish land though. The people of the Oslofjord and along the Skagerrak sea, condsidred themself to be danes before the Fairhair dynasty conquered and turned it.

Noregr means narrwow way and is refrencing the fjords in the west. The rest of country was later added through conquest.

No, only danophile Icelanders in the 13th century said that.

Denmark was not a country, so it cannot be "danish land".

Noregr comes from Nordvegr... "The North Way - NorWay"

"where do you come from"
"I'm came from the north way"

'Norse' was what 'Danes' called Norwegians

Fuck you, Norway is swedish. We bought it for way more money than it was worth, it belongs to Sweden. Greedy Danes still kept Iceland and Greenland, they have no right to bitch about how they should own Norway.

Seriously? Good for you guys, then.

Imagine we having both countries, how god-tier wouldn't that be

for people on the best coast and south coast, it's more common to travel to Denmark, usually with boat, than to travel to Sweden

They're both warriors unlike you Swecuck

>Norway and Sweden had gone to war so many times.
Scuzzi? Sweden and Norway have been at war so many times because it was ruled by Danes. Norway itself has gone to war with Sweden like twice, ever.

Down with the empire!

or should I say... brown in the empire?

was for

And no, 1/3 was finnish. Not more than that

Don't see why you'd be glad about it. You wouldn't have gotten independence so easily if you'd stayed in the union with Denmark. And if they'd sold Iceland and Greenland as well you might still have them today. Denmark is the villain of history.

Old poetry rhymes noregr as if it has a long o, as in nórr, not a short one, as in norðr

sry looks like it's a neuter word, so should have been nór

Norge in nynorsk is NOOOOOOOREG... nynorsk is closer to old Norwegian (some dialects sounds a bit like icelandic from afar).

...but it's pretty accepted that Nordvegr - Noregr - Noreg

Lad, culturally Norway is closer to your own cunt. Denmark is more like Germany with a thin Scandinavian facade.

Not really, It's pretty scandinavian too

Scandinavia is like pic related

>Norway
Really fucking expensive
They eat boiled lambs' heads (I believe it's lamb, could be calf)
They have brown cheese
One of the highest GDPs per capita in the world
Loves fishing
>Denmark
They make lots of bacon (which we consume)
They make Tuborg and Carlsberg
They own Greenland
I think Rasmussen is a common Danish surname (I think there's a Danish cyclist called Michael Rasmussen if I remember, who rode for Rabobank, the Dutch team)
That's all I know

Kek.

>US
Burgers
Wide cars
Scantily clad women
Aircraft carriers
The land of freedom
>Canada
Poutine
Snow
"Sorry, eh"
Tim Hortons
Mooses
Mountains
Pissed off French people
Ice hockey
Infested with chinks in BC

Codfish Norway

Arenque Swede

here

One of them sounds like they talk with a potato in their mouth while the other sounds like drunk with a potato in their mouth.

Denmark is Netherlands tier flat and Norway has tons of Mountains

It's Denmark and Norway not Sweden and Norway.

We sound high pitch

Norway doesn't love animals as much as the Danes do, if you know what I mean

Please rate my analysis:

Pretty good, would add Norway has similar alcohol laws and prostitution laws as Sweden while Denmark has more similar laws with Germany on that with easier access to both.

Norway is not that expensive
We almost never eat boiled lamb's heads. It's only really served to tourists. I've eaten it, and I doubt many have.
Many like fishing, but not everyone. More than usual, perhaps. Hunting may also be far more common than on the continent.

Not culture, except for the language maybe.

I wish I was born in Norway. I love hiking. I went to Norway in 2016, beautiful mountains you have.

Man, fuck those people going back home way too early on Sunday, clogging up the highway in the afternoon.

>Let me tell you about your own country

t. Solvang citizen

I dont like Danmark tbqh
I like Norway tbqh

continentals are weird

Fuck off

t. Skåne nigger

t.Niels Nielsen

scanian detected
fuck off back to denmark you fucking continental rapebaby

I'm not him but why hate denmark?

No but scandis are bros.

I like Norwegians
At least the ones from nord norge or tröndelag
The rest are literally homo tier

The case for Nordvegr - Noregr - Noreg is quite weak.

From SNL (snl.no/Norge_og_Noreg/etymologi):

Både den danske Jellingsteinen (Jylland, ca 960-980) og den norske Kulisteinen (ca 1020), som er geografisk mer sentrale enn de ovennevnte latinske og gammelengelske formene, har derimot skrivemåter uten ð. Den eldste belagte nordiske formen av landsnavnet Norge er nuruiak (dvs. Norveg i akkusativ) på Jellingsteinen. Den eldste skrivemåten av landsnavnet i norske kilder er inuriki (í Noregi / Nóregi, dativ) på Kulisteinen, også her uten ð. Formen *Norð(r)vegr finnes altså ikke dokumentert i noen eldre norrone tekster.

Teorien om at forsteleddet er nor- og ikke norð styrkes også av uttalen: Med grunnlag i de eldste norrone skriftformene og skaldediktningen kan det slås fast at forsteleddet av landsnavnet Noregr har lang vokal ó i eldre norront, f.eks. genitiv Nóregs hos Sigvat Tordsson, hovedskalden til Olav den hellige. Det som indikerer vokallengden er innrim (aðalhending) i den eldste skaldediktningen mellom Nóregr og ord som fóru (preteritum flertall av det sterke verbet fara) og adjektivet stórr (’stor’). Forsteleddet kan derfor tolkes som gammelnorsk nór ’trang vik eller fjord, smalt sund eller farvann’ som har lang rotvokal i motsetning til norðr ’nord’ med kort rotvokal. Nóregr er i så måte beslektet med nor ’noe trangt’ og engelsk narrow. Et annet argument som taler mot den tradisjonelle tolkningen ’veien mot nord’ er at formen *Norð(r)-vegr trolig ville ha utviklet seg til *Norrvegr med dobbel -rr- (slik som landsdelen Norrland fra *Norðland, i Sverige).

The Danes are the source of everything that's wrong in Iceland and Norway

T.Achmed

How many wars have denmark declared against you, and how many have we (no as i know of)?

Only very few, and they treated my country as dirt when they ruled over us. But i'm not mad since we later took revenge and reclaimed all stolen lands they had taken plus a little more

Man, fuck brown cheese. Disgusting.

Have some Jarlsberg, that cheese is amazing.

t. Pig anus penetration enthusiast

You are all faggots

t. best flag

>t. kristen pedersen

T. Somali goat fucker

The best flag is the one without 1/3 your country, bitch!

and then they jewed us out off finland by constantly being a sore in our butts and allying russia and then they jewed us out of norway by GIVING THEM INDEPENDENCE AS THEY EXCHANGED IT TO US IN A PEACE TREATY
fuck those potato fuckers, always watch your back around the eternal dane

>implying jarlsberg just isn't generic mild cheese

If you don't like brown cheese, pinnekjott or rommegrot, you're basically a nigger

peder means fag in juggo

You should know mudshit

I went to Denmark last summer and I think the culture is a bit different. You have a much more relaxed alcohol culture. People were just chilling in the sun with a beer and you can buy the stuff everywhere.

I like Danes. We should invade Swedenistan together some time. (But stop talking danish to me I honestly don't understand it)

kommer heema sönder dig, icke-svensk

I know and it is a common surname in denmark
Makes you really think

You have a point, but we should be happy that we managed to spite the dane by taking 1/3 of his country. Something they never managed on us