Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums. Just wondering is there any guitar players out there who can recommend me some good metal songs to learn in E standard tuning.
>can play all Iron Maiden
>will play Metallica if solos are managable
>cba playing anything less technical than Iron Maiden

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pKBSy5WGo3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slayer songs lol

I would but all the songs are downtuned arnt they??

black metal

youtube.com/watch?v=pKBSy5WGo3s
kinda interesting

Megadeth
sweating bullets
megadeth
hanger 13
gloomy grim
shadow world

Such as Burzum and Darkthrone etc?

Holy wars.

bolt thrower
vader
sabaton
meshuggah

ANYTHING by Black Sabbath.
>Tony Iommi is God.

If you can shred like him? You are worthy.

Learn anything on Rust in Peace. God tier riffs on every song

dough skrillex is complete shit haha

Thank you i shall check them out.

Dissection - The Somberlain
Annihilator - the fun palace

Black sabbath is a little too simple for what im looking for. Not denying Tommy is a true guitar god tho

Anything from somberlain or storm of the lights bane is God tier E standard shizzle
Also, Taake

Respect. It's all good. At least you acknowledge Tony Iommi for what he is. Much respect.

I think they were in E until after Seasons In The Abyss. I know Diabolus in Musica, God Hates Us All were in Drop Bb or something like that

Ahh yeah i shall check them out as well, any songs in particular?

Practice what you preach by testament. Fun song with a killer solo and a good lesson on YouTube by Alex Skolnick too

OP have you learned Creeping Death by Metallica? It could be a little difficult but Jesus is it fun to play. It'll also turn you into a downpicking monster

Dissection have some good melodical guitar work from what i can remember.
I shall put them on my list of ones to check out

Cowboys from hell

You can play anything by Death, even though it's all in D standard. It still sounds good in E. You just can't play along with the music. Who gives a shit about that anyways, I play songs in whatever tuning I want

Is that song in E standard?
Yeah i have learned that song, pretty epic to play isnt it but the solo i had to skip out.

Metal guitarist here.

Black Sabbath's Paranoid was the first song I learned to play, a little complex for newbies, but I learned it quick enough, so hey

This
Why do you care in what tuning a song is played in? I play carcass on my E standard guitar at my parents place and the Beatles in B standard on my own guitar
It doesn't matter

>Thinks these guitars are cool
>In actuality they're stupid looking as fuck and are literal pussy repellent

Its just i want to play along to them and i only have a floyd rose guitar so its a ball ache to tune to another tuning for a song

They look horrible but tbh that warlock shape improves positioning

Learn every song on Coheed and Cambria's second record

Cowboys from hell

I use virtual dj to change the pitch of songs I want to play along to. It's pretty easy since the pitch knob works on a graduated scale
Also, I change the tuning in guitar pro all the time of songs I want to play along to

>pussy repellent

Ahhh i get what ye mean. That a decent idea i suppose but would only work on standard tuning wouldnt it tho

It works on any standard tuning
It works on drop tuning as well as long as the song doesn't use any "open" string intervals, because that is simply impossible to replicate in standard tuning

Dream Theater's literally anything

Lol. Not too sure about that.....

The leper Affinity - Opeth