I'm 18 what's my best way for making money or my best choice for a job?

I'm 18 what's my best way for making money or my best choice for a job?
Help me out Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/state-unemployment-rates/
missourieconomy.org/indicators/cost_of_living/index.stm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prostitute/stripper/camwhore.

I'd suggest you take any job you can get

I'm a guy

Exactly.

go to mcdonalds you overly ambitious cunt

sell asshole to guys on Sup Forums, charge 350 an hour

>$$$$$
>profit ?

I'm really not picky so I will when I can. I just don't know where to start

If you're fit, lifeguarding is a great job with many perks.

I know because I'm 17 and saved 1800$ This summer.

Where do you lifeguard? Beach? If so what state?

teach yourself to program. Start with shit that interests / is useful to you. For example, I got my start writing TI-83 programs because it's not against the SAT/ACT rules & classes generally allow you to do it (if not, argue with the teacher that you learned it well enough to automate it yourself), along with writing runescape bots because the game itself had stopped being interesting but the economy of it still interested me (SRL [Scar Resource Library] is a color-finding bot library, and is a surprisingly simple intro to things like computer vision if you wanna go this route). Convince somebody with an office job that you can learn/write VBA (the excel backend language) and automate the spreadsheety bullshit they need people to do, or get a job doing spreadsheety bullshit & automate yourself to the point of spending the whole day on the internet. If they notice, just ask for more work & they'll think you're goddamn indispensable for your sheer output & consistency

if you need more immediate results, gas station bathrooms always need cleaning. If you're willing to move, look for jobs in rural warehouses/manufacturing/whatever - they struggle a surprising amount to find somebody who will either move there, or [lives there, isn't already employed, and will actually show up to work]

Thanks man I've screenshotted and will keep it in mind

Ban

Not him and I'm not from USA, but most lifeguards just take a course in RCP and swimming in this shithole country.

Like, really? My life is dependant on a stupid fuck that has to revive me in order to save me?

Just learn the trade and you are set, same goes for pretty much everything.

Learn a trade.

Tradesmen are dying off. Nobody is stepping in to replace them. The demand for tradesmen is getting so high that companies are paying for training AND paying you to be trained.

eg. Local waste disposal company is offering 50k a year to get a class b license and drive a trash truck because nobody wants to "just drive a trash truck". Welders, plumber, and electricians can make even more.

Everyone in my family is telling me to learn the trade. Life guarding isn't really an option for me anyway I'm from the coast but it's always raining so no one ever goes

Cable guy

>College economy bitting it's own ass.

Jew cuckoldry at it finest.

Theres a manufacturer in my town that will pay you 12 an hour to sit in their classriom and learn how to run a CNC mill, then put you to work making 15 - 20 an hour. They can't find enough drug-free, non-felons to sign up.

Where's this?

if you can pass a drug test. home depot.
if not than any hardware store.
life skills for the win.

This is actually a great idea

this guy again, agreeing with this guy:
again check bumfuck nowhere for pay comparisons though. All through Iowa (~5 years ago) I would hear radio ads for fully-funded electrician school & 100k salary (probably not starting but idk) to be the guy who climbs the poles to fix shit

and for the record i didnt mean forever. just learn some shit for a year or two. it will make you a valuable employee for a better job without having do actually do any work

I would move around state. I'm currently living in Washington. Nice dubs btw

Pretty much all the western world.

Ever wondered how the asians made it into the billions and strong economy? Because they are cheap fucks and they rather work for food than remain doing jack shit on the streets.

Start a dog walking business

I'm not joking at all- I am an athletic tall successful 33 yo married guy that would pay you around $1000 a month to suck me off and generally let me use you for my sexual satisfaction when I am in Portland every other month or so.

I would help you cum obviously.

That all predicates on you being attractive.

I have a 2014 GSX-R 600 I would give to a cute 18 yo dude that would be down for this and stick with it too... Just want fuck bro.

Nohomo

That's a great offer and a pretty sick bike but I'm not gay bro

Software engineering

Get a trade job.
Apprentice plumber/electrician/mechanic/welder/camera operator/computer coder
Many of these jobs will pay you while you learn if you have some background or interest in them.
You will not have any college bills and you can start your life right away and go to college later if you want.

Get paid to do this....
Don't do it on your own.
Many companies have on the job training but require travel.

>Nohomo

Yeah. Right.

What's your problem with common whores? Too expensive for you?

Sell your friends weed, duh.

I actually thought pretty hard on this awhile back. But the negatives came up harder than the positives.I don't want to be known around town as a dealer and also it would be nice to have experience and steady pay

Yeah dude. You got it right.

With drugs you go big or go home.

With jobs and bussiness you can get scraps and still make a living.

The military is never a bad choice

true, there's also plenty of mercenary work to be had ("defense contractor" if you're actively looking)

>The military *was never a bad choice

You would be better off getting paid to shitpost here on a daily basis.

become a con-artist

Are you a right-to-work state?

If so, sorry cuck. You'll need college. Try being a pharmacist? If that's too high, anybody can be an engineer.

Union state? Join your local.

yo Sup Forums im not op but ima hijack his thread

i just got a degree in comp sci and i need a job.

im in chicago

why cant i find any decent jobs?

Because your degree is worthless without experience or a portfolio.

Go intern or start teaching yourself how to code. There's millions of excellent programmers, no one is going to want to invest money to train you.

Tired of you college memelords. Enjoy your debt.

If you're a woman prostitution. If you're a man go work on an oil rig or as a long haul trucker.

Read and get wrecked;
You could also go back to college and pay to Professor Sheckelfarts to teach you how to get a proper job.

interesting, though I'm still gonna say you should consider leaving & coming back when you have enough experience that you're more competitive. Washington has both somewhat-high unemployment and relatively high cost of living (both true for all coastal states). Just for the love of god have a job lined up before you move anywhere.

sauce:
money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/state-unemployment-rates/
missourieconomy.org/indicators/cost_of_living/index.stm

what did you do in the summer?

Set up a Red Team "business" to accumulate "experience" on your downtime. Since most of your operations are confidential you won't need and actual evidence of your "endeavors".

He played video games because he thought his degree daddy bought for him would make him 100k a year.

moving companies pay more than minimum and is a good summer job.

Best bet user? If you're in Canada. Move up north and work in a trade above the 54th parallel or 45th cant remember which one lol. I'm an "unskilled laborer," or a carpenters helper. I clear 1,624 dollars a paycheque. That's only getting paif 40 hours a week. The rest gets banked. Northern work is usually isolated. U go on work stints of 10 days plus and work 12 hours every day. No breaks. Just lunch. If I asked to get paid my banked hours with my paycheque I'd get 2100 every pay day. It's only my first year working too. The money's good user. Seasonal. But a fucken gravy boat during the summer.

and why would they hire you over the next random idiot, or that guy who has four months experience churning out javabeans & bullshit?

showing that you have non-academic interest in computers, and actually will take the initiative to solve real-world shit with them, is a huge plus which you can use to bootstrap yourself through a couple jobs worth of bullshit in the time college would've taken.

it's a plus but chances are they will need to reteach you their procedures anyway and it doesn't take a degree to run wire and setup physical servers while the guy who knows what he is doing to setup software and vital code.
I was offered a job in MN for about 50k/year but I would have to travel for extended periods of time. My experience was 2 classes and good marks on codeacademy.

2100 every two weeks net is equivalent to 35~ an hour. No one pays a helper that.

You realize that's Canadian which isn't equivalent to us dollar right?

And? 3/4s of 35 an hour is still just under 27 an hour, you do realize that?

Not happening for a helper.

Living up north is different user. You get isolation pay. The rate goes up. Less competition. I get 50 dollars a day for meal money. That's 500 tax free dollars every 10 day work stint. And like I said. 12 hour work days everyday. But that's if I asked to get payed the 60 hour work week instead of banking that 20 hours every week.

there's demand up there due to the resources, and low supply because it's in the middle of nowhere and fucking freezing - that's why the pay's so good

Oh, my mistake. Per diem is wonderful.

Winrar

I should have mentioned that so my bad too. It is great. It honestly makes the job. I get paid 17 an hour taxed at 21%. flat rate I get paid 1,124 a paycheque. Then the 500 is tacked on top of that. So 1,624 a cheque