Jay and Silent Bob/ Kevin Smith thread

Jay and Silent Bob/ Kevin Smith thread

Anything goes. Favorite movie from him is Dogma, was just a fantastic movie and really made you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/la017NRDjyM?t=45
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks.

I'm not even supposed to be here today.

I like them because there's a consistent universe.

I also unironically like Mallrats.

One of the only filmmakers who has never faltered. Each film has been better than the last.

I hear he's a podcasting giant as well. What a Based individual.

Clerks 2 or Red State are my top faves. Haven't seen Tusk.

It's too bad Kevin turned out to be retarded.

>Each film has been better than the last

How so? Weed habits or?

14 year old general?

Pot tends to have that effect

Not sure about that, but Clerks, Clerks II, Dogma, and Chasing Amy were pretty good films.

>Kevin Smith
>really made you think.

I guess Dogma or Clerks... Really I don't like any of his movies. I have taste.

Why do people pretend to dislike Mallrats?

In a row??

Just got around to watching chasing amy for the first time (i know). Damn that was just a really all around great movie. Really starting to like Kevin.

Am I the only one who really liked Red State?

yeah I loved it too.

it's a shame he doesn't make more films.

he sucks

Fuck Jay and Silent Bob, fuck them up their stupid asses.

No. It was alright. At least it proves that Kevin Smith can make a serious movie. Although I don't know if we'll ever see him make another.

I know people who never grew out of his movies and it's fucking embarrassing

clever reference

>youtu.be/la017NRDjyM?t=45
>This is a real movie
What the FUCK happened to this guy

I just watched it too.
Too much of an /r9k/ element

The Clerks animated series is one of the greatest animated sitcoms ever made.

>serious movie

lol

nice post.

giving him the benefit of the doubt and believing that red state was supposed to be satirical on every level because otherwise there's no excuse for such poorly written characters and dialogue. Kevin should consider suicide if that was his an attempt at a "serious" movie

Clerks = Clerks 2 > Dogma > Jay & Silent Bob > Chasing Amy > Mallrats

Nice film school critique, dude. Solid opinion you have there. I bet your favourite film is Citizen Kane.

go to sleep, kevin. you're too old to be shitposting here.

>normies trying to fake it

>ywn make whoopie with prime claire forlani

who /snowball/ here?

Thought he was great when I was young and naive.

He's just a cuck who hides behind weed and vulgarity.

This

I loved the jersey trilogy when I was fifteen. As for the cuck meme...

He basically says in clerks 2 that his wife was "the kind of girl who never would have given you the time of day in high school" I believe is the line that the fantasy version of joey lauren adams played by rosario dawson says to him.

they must've gotten stink palmed and the movie triggers them

Clerks > Dogma > Chasing Amy > Mallrats > Clerks 2 > Degrassi > Anything else > Jay and Silent Bob

> Jay and Silent Bob was not the signal that he had nothing besides the view askewniverse

His first three movie are okay, but more so in the sense that there might be something intelligent behind them but then he went on to make more movies and prove they were simply lightning in a bottle

Dogma was just as good as any of the trilogy. That said I was hoping it would be his first non jay&bob movie.

Dogmas not bad but you definitely tell it's when he was starting his decline in quality

Not so much a decline in my opinion. It's more of a case of what said. Even with a cool idea that could have made for a great story he had to include the elements of his safe zone. I actually think if he would have left jay and bob out of Dogma he could have grown more as a film maker.

Though what does my opinion matter? I'm shit posting on a cuban cigar rolling image board.

>if he would have left jay and bob out of Dogma he could have grown more as a film maker

that could be said about everything he did post 1999, I agree 100% dogma could've been amazing if he didn't feel the need to keep shoving his half baked cheech and chong knock off down our throats

>tfw Jay & Silent Bob made you listen to Morris Day when Prince died instead of actual Prince music
I think i wanna know ya know ya

This.

>why are we walking like this?

Do you post as"magnoliafan" on moviepoopshoot.com?