Percentage of population that have not read any book in the last 12 months

>percentage of population that have not read any book in the last 12 months

>moortugal

>illiteratugal

Only blue countries are white

lets be honest how many of you who are not students have read a full book in 2016? 10 page kids books dont count

Asdikme jjasimc as las dkq?

I literally haven't read anything longer than a research review in probably 5+ years

I read Sup Forums all days
It's like 1000 pages per month

>portugalia

No joke, we read more than Spaniards, French and Germans every day on subtitles alone.

Not reading literary books is a bit shameful, though.

I was going to say that even in your shit cunt most people have read a book in the past year but then lol they haven't

Here

>Because reading books makes you smart and there aren't any kind of other media that could teach you something such as art, music, movies or videogames...

what book(s) ?

Does video games manuals count?

I spent most of my money on books, but I'm a student.

underaged moldavian please fuck off and stop embarrassing us

I used to read a lot when I was younger but now I'm very selective and just read classics or history books. I'm finishing Epistulae by Pliny the Younger and before that I read a biography of Peter the Great by Voltaire.

I'm student, but I still read more than just textbooks

Well, not everyone is a literal subhuman here :^)

same here

spend about 6-7 hours a day on Sup Forums and Sup Forums

well this thread has been an eyeopener

plebs, the lot of you

Mars la prasit tigane

Videogame manuals aren't what they once were, you'd be lucky to get a few pages these days.

In 2016 I read Chinua Achebe's book on his life & Biafra, "Amsterdam" by Russel Shorto, Dune, a basic history on cyphers, and probably another one or two I can't remember atm.

I've read Heidegger, Proust, Sacks, Burroughs, Kipling, Stirner, Fukuyama and Kahneman. They are all good authors

Portuguese ppl just read Kafka and they're set.

>reading meme authors

I used to read but then I became poor and reading from a laptop just fucking sucks.

>tfw can't buy books anymore

Life is suffering.

really makes you think

Kafka is pretty interesting but I stopped reading after protagonist fucks a some girl. I feel like I should give it another chance
Reading non meme authors is shit. I tried and basically just waisted my time. Reading canadian posts on this board is more informative

I've read over 50 books in 2016, but I'm a /lit/izen.

you dont have to be a student to read books though

> lets be honest how many of you who are not students have read a full book in 2016? 10 page kids books dont count
>Napoleon's Buttons (I don't recall the authors)
>Island (Huxley - actually a rereading)
>D. Quixote
>Crime and Punishment
Also Rat Seminar (SeminĂ¡rio dos Ratos - Lygia Fagundes Telles), but it doesn't really count as it was uni-related.

I read about a book a month

I have a question: why don't more """"avid readers"""" become writers?

You might as well ask why don't people who watch movies become actors?

Why don't fat people become cookers?

The process
>An how to book used by us to approach day to day life.

Also u guys should now that our fascist regime aimed to stupidifey ppl still the seeds gave a Nobel prize to a comie that doesn't use punctuation correctly in 1998 so joke is on yall.

I think the implication is that students "have" to, so it doesn't count

I cannot read anything that has more than 50 pages anymore since it takes me more than an hour to read 10. For some reason my attention span has been getting shittier and shittier

*guide
*know
*Swedes

It's this website

You need to start reading more and more incrementally or it will get worse

You're telling me 80% of Brits have read a book in the last 12 months?

I can assure you, that's absolute bullshit

What's the point in reading books. Books are for fucking losers.

Read Wikipedia - you'll get more knowledge in 30 minutes of flicking through Wikipedia articles than if you're reading a book where the whole thing is on the same bloody subject

Reading's for faggots

if you watched 50 movies a month, then I would expect you to do SOMETHING in the film industry

be a cameraman
lighting man
actor
director
screenplay writer
film critic
movie blogger
etc

how can you just read 50 books a month and not do anything

I'd agree with you if I had to base the value on my friends but then I remember that most European countries are old as fuck.

My parents and grand parents probably read a metric fuck ton.

t. finn

I don't spend that much time on here though, it's just that if something isn't 100% interesting to me I can't really focus on it and it's been getting considerably worse lately. I don't have any problems reading research papers for uni but if I try to pick up a novel I always give up on it after around 30 pages

If you do start to read regularly you'll notice your vocabulary will get better as well as your general typing skills. Trust.

Holy shit you're right I just read the article on quantum physics and I'm applying for NASA now, thank god I didn't start wasting my time on books

>tfw to smart for europe

nice trips

i cant really read too much though because it triggers my epilepsy

It's seriously addictive

If you want to ween yourself off Sup Forums the best way to do it is to turn off the native extension and only refresh once every five minutes or so. Without the instant reinforcement of seeing a new post it's easier to resist

books are gay

Are gay books?

used books are cheap as fuck dude buy some books

>muh real books by real writers
Moonstuck, Yotsuba
Took probably longer than forced fast reading Hobbit. But was more enjoyable.

I said in 2016, not this month.
and there are lots of avid readers who write, but most people who write will never be gret writers, it takes a certain level of genius.

Libraries.

Get a kindle

This desu. Now all the books are free.

FFS you can get a used kindle keyboard (god tier) for like $30 on ebay.

>tfw to smart choo read books

anyone else witnessing a trend where young people don't really read nearly enough and don't have the bookshelf in a place of honor in the home? instead they have stupid hipster shelves filled with random nonsense and books that are more like interior decoration items with flashy covers and pages that haven't been touched?

I actually do the second part you mentioned because of my kindle.

I have some ghibli art books on display and they look really nice.

Have read one and a half books in 2017 thus far.

you probably just live in a working class area

I've read about four or five I think

>only refresh once every five minutes or so. Without the instant reinforcement of seeing a new post it's easier to resist
I mostly post in /brit/ though and it's constantly rolling at full blast 24/7
it's ruining my life

How do you overcome the laziness to read?

I've read one book in the past month (a biographical one), but prior to that I hadn't read any books in something like 3 years (when I read a book by Kafka), and before that another 3 years I think.

When I was a kid and teenager I used to read a decent amount. Never all that much, but still, a decent amount. But now I just feel too lazy and bored to every read fiction.

Read at work if you can. Get paid 2 read

We read manga

Literally dozens of full-length, hundreds of pages books.

Read in you phone. It's not as good as an e-reader, but much cheaper and you still have a huge collection of books

Read a book about The Winter War (Finland vs Russia) while i was in the hospital. not very big but entertaining analysis of the campaign and some details.
im reading a book about Alexander the Great (Greek) but its big as fuck
i read like 100 pages every 2 months when i remember i have it
started in 2015

I read around 30