Well, I'm gonna be 27 in 27 minutes...

Well, I'm gonna be 27 in 27 minutes. Any advice for an anxiety ridden fat guy who's struggled to escape his anxiety and build an art career for himself?
For the record, the art career is actually going well, but I don't sleep well, I'm never happy and rarely get out. Money is ok but pretty much everything else is on the edge of a knife in terms of stability.

Share your wisdom, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dare-Anxiety-Stop-Panic-Attacks/dp/0956596258/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470120517&sr=8-2&keywords=dare
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bumping with hentai because why not

You will never surpass where you are now. You've peaked, and it's all downhill from here. The Internet is full of tumblr faggots a thousand times better at art than you, and even more as adequate. When you die you'll be alone, and within thirty years no one will have known you even existed.

What makes you say that? Everyone in the industry knows that most good artists are not doing it for money, and 75% is who you know.
If there's anything I'm totally confident in it's the art thing.
Any advice for the other stuff? Relationships and self improvement and such?

Everything science has taught us says that the meaning of life is to propagate our genetic code. What are the chances of you ever having children

Well, given my shitty state of health and inability to connect to others in a normal environment, probably pretty low.

If you reach 30 here on Sup Forums there is no going back

When I was ten years old, I killed my sister's cat because she wouldn't let me play with her babies. I smashed the mom's head in with a baseball, and smothered the kittens by sitting on them. I pulled a bookshelf down on them to make it seem like an accident.

Why is that? I started hanging out here in 09. What's the significance of 30?

???

Been suffering from panic attacks for years. All the advice you need is in this book right here.

amazon.com/Dare-Anxiety-Stop-Panic-Attacks/dp/0956596258/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470120517&sr=8-2&keywords=dare

It means you're beyond all hope. Too old to have children or marry. Too old to matter anymore. Just another wretch doing nothing to contribute to history but consume resources and take up space.

Oh shit, actual help. Thanks user, you're all right!

As for self-improvement, a couple of things easily come to mind:

1. READ. Both fiction and nonfiction.
2. EXERCISE. This is a no-brainer. Join and gym just fucking do it.
3. SOCIALIZE. Read the anxiety book I linked you, and if you start getting swoll and bettering yourself, this step will come as a result.

Have you ever contributed anything meaningful? Anything that will keep you from being forgotten? Or will only your mistakes be remembered?

Do you ever dwell on your mistakes? Are you constantly reminded of embarrassing things you did or said? Things that, no matter how hard you try, you can't forget?

Wait, are you suggesting no one has children after 30? Are you suggesting that no one has success after 30? That should like something quantifiably false. Do you really believe that? And if so, why?

Do you think you'll be successful after 30? Or have you wasted all of your chances at mattering?

Thanks friend. Also, what does "swoll" mean?
Thanks for the help!
I do a lot of charity for the humane society and the homeless, but I know not everyone will think that's meaningful. I've also helped some other artists to enter the industry and develop a strong career. Again, could be pointless depending on the perspective. I guess a few people had a better life so far because of my efforts. Though it might be pointless.
That is literally every moment of my life. Every moment that isn't composed of total focus on my task is directed at my failures and weaknesses.

Swoll is stupid faggot language for gaining muscle.

Hard to say honestly. I mean I put a lot of money and effort to helping people but there's always an argument against anything you do mattering.

Though I doubt I'll ever have a happy relationship or deep friendships myself.

What are your failures? What are your shames? If you repress them and try to forget them, they'll fester and intensify. Tell us what you are ashamed of, and we'll help you grow.

Ohh. Well it is kinda silly, but I can't argue that getting healthier wouldn't help.

Tell us what gnaws at you in your moments of peace.

Well, my failures are present every day. Everything between the small stuff like pushing my morning routine to the limit and being a couple minutes late to work (which ruins my entire day in my dumb head), to the big stuff like the 4 years I spent drinking too much and makes me look down on myself even a few years later. Also many of my friendships have fallen apart due to my strange nature.
They shouldn't have to deal with me, but I'm very lonely without any friends. I don't want to trouble anyone though.

Art careers will always pay shit until you go independent. Expect your current salary to grow 4x.

I've been independent for 3 years. The taxes are brutal though.
I kinda said it here friend

first step is stop being fat. Go to /fit/ read the stick, i mean fucking read and take notes and start living it. the rest of your life will start to happen

Small things bother you because they're the only problems you can solve.
That's four years of your life wasted. Literally.
If you feel your presence is a strain on your friends, then your probably right.

Is /fit/ actually reliable? I've pretty much only hung out on Sup Forums, so I'm mistrustful of everything. Are they nice?

Have you ever had suicidal thoughts or urges? Do you ever feel like people would be better off without you in their lives?

While you are probably right, I'm starting to think you're not here to help me. Are you trying to push me to a bad end? That's not very nice...

Actually yes, almost every day.

Just open the /fit/ tab and lurk. Don't post anything because with no knowledge youwill be called out. Go and open it. Sup Forums will still be here. Get les fat as fast as you cna. I was 130kgs and now im 99, it takes time and self control

That'll be hard, not posting or asking any questions. But you really think the info they provide will help? I'll do my best if so.

You've never acted on it have you? I don't mean just trying, have you ever gone out of your way to find out how to do it? Methods of doing it, ones that don't hurt?

I've only done pussy stuff, like drinking way too much and hoping I didn't wake up, or loading my gun and staring at it for hours. Nothing anyone would think was serious.

go there, open up the stick, read it and do what it says. You dont need to post yet, just get started so you are not overwhelmed and then stop

Ok user, I'll give it an honest try. Thanks for giving real information, you seem like a kind person.

Not to be an asshole, but what stopped you? What keeps you going? You made it sound like you had nothing going for you.

You sound a lot like me OP. I'm turning 25 real soon.
I have no faith in my career choice even though work is decent right now. Always feel like I don't want to talk to anyone, but I'm lonely.
Seems like anxiety has fucked up our lives to some degree.

What do you do for work? I am in a shit place myself and have been for a while. Just realised that no one but I was going to help me. I would have done anything for a kind word before I sorted my shit out.
Keep up the hentai. Im wanting gifs please.

Well, through my childhood I was pretty okay with myself and felt like the art thing was my meaningful goal.
Only now that I have it everything else is messed up. So basically everything is terrible except for the one thing I grew up valuing. So I guess I'm riding on the ghostly coattails of my previous goals. It's just nothing makes me happy or satisfied anymore.

I don't really know what to say to help friend except that we gotta stick together when we can. every little bit of kindness helps. I really hope you figure out your path and find happiness. I mean it.
I'm a freelance storyboard artist for netflix. Split between children's' programming and horror stuff.

My folder is a bit random, but I'll post gofs where I can.

Step out of your comfort zone? I just turned 27 and I have pretty bad social anxiety. I'm prescribed beta blockers (propranolol or something) so I can take that if I have to present or something. It's supposed to block your adrenaline or something so your heartbeat stays slower and I don't get as red and or sweaty. So annoying.

Favorite

You're living on the ghost of a childhood dream. This is your crossroads. You have the choices.

1) You persist in this hopeless and unhappy existence for the rest of your life.

2)You do what that fag's been trying to manipulate you into doing. Get good and drunk, get the gun out, and try to get away from the anxiety the easy way.

3) You nut up and make a genuine heroic effort to improve your mood. Even forcing yourself to smile when you're feeling down will have a real effect.

Sounds like a fucking sick job man. I am 29 and still at uni working in a bank. Its alright, not the best but it is what it is and only I can change it, like i currently am.

You need to make a goal. Just a small one because you sound like you need a win. What are you now? In weight and where do you want to be? Looking to lose the fat or get muscle or what? and don't even start thinking about women now. For the next month you have no interest in women, you are an asexual being who is only focused on fixing yourself

What shows?

Don't ever reveal any information about yourself on this side

I'm on board with number 3. That sounds pretty great. :)
Sorry, can't say. Non-disclosure agreements and such. Nothing really huge, but still pretty successful.
Agreed.

I'm sorry friends but I need to sleep now. I know this thread'll die really quick, but I want to say thanks to everyone who posted with the intention of helping give some help. I really appreciate it and am lucky some kind people exist even here.

I wish you all the best and thanks again!

Spoilsport.

Bullshit. There's no "meaning" to life, and people breeding like fucking rabbits is one of the major reasons why the planet is headed for destruction.

The meaning of life is to do something that keep people from forgetting about you when you die.

>art
>career