it was ironic

it was nihilistic

It was 2008

It was pre sjw bullshit 24/7

PreGamergate

It was reddit

the answer to this and all these types of threads is because they can

media can't slam movies because it's just entertainment

actually the only real example of "how did they get away with this" is that kevin james movie about civil union for tax reasons and they just shoved a metric tonne of fag jokes into the movie about 1.5 years before the gay rights campaign took off

/howdidtheygetawaywithit/-core

youtube.com/watch?v=knwwgZNeIpA

I like how, in all the kerfuffle, it was lost that he's not actually playing a black character. He's playing a white character playing a black character.

WE

WUZ

Just remember that Downey was nominated for an oscar for this role.

> Imagine if he won

Didn't they get slammed for simple jack though?

It was before the current PC craze got kicked into overdrive so nobody really gave a shit. If he did this now he would get executed.

Because it was hilarious and even blacks liked it

>the best negro character ever portrayed in a movie was played by a jew

JUST

>actually the only real example of "how did they get away with this" is that kevin james movie about civil union for tax reasons and they just shoved a metric tonne of fag jokes into the movie about 1.5 years before the gay rights campaign took off
That movie had everything
>system cheating
>fag jokes
>Jessica Biel
EVERYTHING

The character wasnt negro though you mongoloid scum. That's the whole point. The characters character was though. So if kirk lazerus got an oscar you'd be right

Everything wasn't a SJW nightmare back then, and it was very clearly satire.

The internet didn´t exist back then, so the ssj3´s couldn´t share their anger with each other

No he wouldn't. Chris lily recently played various different races no one gave a shit. Just coz a few faggots whinge doesnt mean anyone that matters cares

fdfgdg

They thought RDJ was black.

Monty Python's humour actually still holds up today.

>Is it a boy or a girl?

>A little too early to placing roles on it, now is it?

holy shit I just looked this up. I mean I loved that movie...but an oscar nom?
ahh hell watta i know.

ARYANS

>This is what Shaun King sees when he looks in the mirror

>Just remember that Downey was nominated for an oscar for this role.

He deserved it, that's some legitimately good acting.

I saw this on normiebook the other day

Fuck off normie

My favorite example of this kind of butthurt was when Cloud Atlus came out, and the SJW crowd chimed in with something alone the lines of "Why couldn't you hire asian actors to play the asian characters!?"

The whole point of the movie was reoccuring/ reincarnated lives throughout a timeline, they made it easier on the audience by having the same actors play various races.

Also, they didn't say shit about the asian girl playing a white woman, so piss on them.

It was before the cancer that is social media took hold.

Black face/white face always gets a pass if its in comedy

If it was a serious film people get upset

No sjw's back then

I remember sitting directly beside a white girl during the movie. Little did she know that I was trying to gauge her level of racism. Fortunately, for the most part, we were both laughing at the same scenes with somewhat equal intensity.

But that's when IT happened.
>RDJ begins to sing the Jefferson's theme
>I'm slightly offended
>the actual black character in the film is offended
>white girl sitting beside me is hysterical

So I decided to sit there as a mute so she'd know, conclusively, that her laughter was inappropriate.
>her laughter continued on somewhat awkwardly beyond the scene
>it was the hardest she laughed except for the chinese baby at the end (but gd was that shit hilarious)
>our laughter was intertwined like a pair of lovers' legs during coitus
>we both heaved and finished together

Great movie.

Oh yeah...By the end, I could tell that she wasn't actually a racist.

no one saw the movie.

Tom Cruise wouldn't participate in something racist

so i-it just can't be!

>Sitting beside a living breathing conscious girl
Cool story bro.

It baffles me that people actually find this 9Gag-tier "LOL SO RANDUUUUMB XP " piece of garbage to be funny.

Downy wasnt doing black face, his character was doing black face. Big difference, hence how they got away with it.

And they say there aren't enough blacks at the oscars? Psshaw

How did they get away with this?

First time I saw the movie, I legitimately couldn't tell that was RDJ til he ripped off his wig at the end. The makeup was pretty good and he acted mad niggerish which was right up my alley

>mad niggerish
>right up my alley

Faggot

Well, the theater was packed and she brought a guy that clearly wanted to fuck her along while I brought a girl that clearly wanted to fuck me along.

We should've left that theater together.

Enlighten us then with your patrician tastes of what a superior comedy is then. What comedy makes a superior film critic such as yourself constantly laughing? Try and keep it within this decade.

No. The faggot is you user for not getting that Charlie Murphy reference from Chappelle's Show.

Pleb

HE'S NOT?!

They got away with both by portraying a tiny segment of both communities ,valley girls and black army generals, which were commonly used, at times, as comic relief in some really popular media/movies.

RDJ was still wearing blackface. Do you think he would've still gotten away with it by portraying a character that was acting as a performer in a minstrel show?

the point of the character was to affectionately poke fun at the lengths some method actors will go, not ridicule black people (which is why an actual black character slams lazarus' performance halfway through the movie)

stiller was actually really scared it would rub people the wrong way though

>ITT: 14 year olds who think that PC culture didn't exist until 2 years ago
it was controversial and it got a lot of flack, as did the whole "full retard" joke which led to actual boycotts and protests at the premiere

Is it bad I thought that brown bird was kind of cute?

I never though this role was as funny as everyone else because I remember iron manlet said in an interview it was making fun of Australians (insinuating he was talking about Heath Ledger). Why can't it just be an exaggerating making fun of the absurdity of method acting? Why does it have to be making fun of actually talented people? Not aussie btw I just thought it made Downey sound like a jealous faggot.

Because people realized that putting makeup on your face to play a role in a movie isn't that big of a deal.

No problem.
>HAHAHAHA LE LOUD MAN IS YELLING INTO THE PHONE LOLOLOL FUNNIEST SCENE EVER
Great taste you have there, pal.

What the fuck was Al Jolson thinking????!!! Mammy!!!

Down Here isn't Ashynacki Jew is he?

>>RDJ begins to sing the Jefferson's theme
>>I'm slightly offended
>>the actual black character in the film is offended
>>white girl sitting beside me is hysterical
What a fascinating story, please continue.

>Tom Cruisemobile as a stereotypical kike

The part where he sings the Jefferson's theme was pretty fucking funny. Do you really think anyone cares or that you have any special rights just because you're an offended little negro?

It is literally a masterpiece in the comedy genre. It doesn't matter if you think it's "le 9gag". It's a fact.
Now I'm curious as to what piece of comedy cinema falls in your patrician taste, my man.

It was funny dipshit.

>Do you really think anyone cares or that you have any special rights

not really. i just thought the gesture might be acknowledged, if not outright, then on a subconscious level. there was a fair amount of controversy surrounding the content of the movie. the audience's response to its content, for me, was an interesting thing to observe.

>What a fascinating story, please continue.

at the end of the movie, i pissed myself laughing, died, and was reincarnated into your wife's son.

it was funny, self aware, and they even added a little black dude follow rdj around and point out how racist it was in case audiences didn't get the irony.

It was done really, really well and was a joke about black face.

youtube.com/watch?v=54_KvM1zvEQ
>Nobody has posted this.

Listen. You've GOT to have sex with my wife!

the character was Australian you dumb mother fucker

the first 35 minutes are. everything after stiller splits the group is shit except when mcconaughey shows up with the tivo at the end

damn, i've never seen this

>parfecto
>get the grape soda

hilarious

>soruce: my ass

he was just so good and the movie was legit funny, also the movie makes literally fun of Hollywood casting white successful actors instead of actually black actors

youtube.com/watch?v=x_VKl9VVpfM

>Do you think he would've still gotten away with it by portraying a character that was acting as a performer in a minstrel show?

Well yeah. People play fucking slave owners and people far worse than someone in a minstrel show, you dense mother fucker

youtube.com/watch?v=UuaJLxmbDoI

away with what?

I actually didn't know that was Iron Manlet, and thought it was a black guy until he took off the makeup.

What are you talking about? Everyone knew that, that's why there was no uproar.

Didn't he do the entire directors commentary in character too, just like his character in the movie says he does?

He was an actor acting as an actor pretending to be a negro.

The movie was a complete mess, the reincarnation thing didn't work at all, nor the "pay it forward" theme either, I so I get people not realizing it's meant to be rebirthing shit.

But yes it was retarded that Asian group had the cheek to complain about that but miss the Asian chick playing the white woman.

yes, and as his character goes back to being the australian 'actor', he does the commentary as him

What about it was "lol so random"?

It had a clear premise of being "a parody of diva celebrities making a Vietnam movie" and stuck to it, there was nothing LOL RANDUM at all.

Yep.

This.

His character mocked diva actors and those that would do blackface unironically so it still satiated the general mass' desire for delicious social justice.

Is it worth listening to?

He was mocking method actors, not actual black face actors.
Stiller was the genuine diva

>Hiding the names
Fuck off

It's a prank, bro

He makes whiteface and yellowface too and gets called a koala hugging nigga by the black dude, do you faggots even watch the movies you talk about?

How can you seriously think these things are comparable? I just don't understand how you can be this obtuse

It was nothing new.

It's their culture

>that Herzog voice

NEVER GO FULL NIGGER