The future of marvel studios

>Prediction: Avengers: Infinity War will be the peak of the superhero genre. After 2019 its all downhill from there. Phase 4 wil be all fan service. Marvel studios will get fantastic four back, well get a new hulk movie. sequels to doctor strange, guardians, Black Panther, Ant-Man 3, captain marvel 2 etc. Ether Doom or Galactus will be the main villain.

>So what happens after phase 4? I see the end of the cinematic universe as we know it. well ether get a reboot with new avengers/secret avengers or theyll stop the cinematic universe thing entirely and go back to standalone more obscure characters like ghost rider and blade.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6vJHev9HOtk
youtube.com/watch?v=dscfeQOMuGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New avengers team with ghost rider, punisher, luke cage

a movie with galactus destroying the mcu

Ghost Rider has assuredly had enough time to rest, they'll dig him up for Infinity War or afterwards as a new standalone in an Ant Man style. I can only pray they get Nick Cage back for it

A movie where cap rises from the dead, wields thror's hammer and the infinity gauntlet to bash DCEU's face in.

Galactus can't be the main villain. I believe Fox owns him, along w/ the Fantastic Four. Along w/ the X-Men which was Marvel Comics most valuable property. Nevertheless, Disney has done wonders with characters almost nobody has bought comics to read in decades.

I'm kinda convinced they can sell anything. Marvel mythology is our new mythology, and we will shell out for it, as long as we can see Thor et al. The new Roman times.

Phase 4: Zemo & the Thunderbolts replace the Avengers. Spider-Man becomes Captain Marvel's boytoy. Strange fights Dormammu and together with T'Challa they form the Illuminati.

Fox and Marvel will make a deal to keep bringing people in and ensure the survival of both capeshits.

The challenge will be keeping the villain roster fresh and intimidating. Then again, they've only done so-so with that anyways. It's more about the heroes so maybe that won't hurt them.

Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are getting Netflix shows.

After Infinity War ends the "phony nerd" trend which is popular now will be winding down, The Big Bang Theory will be ending so people won't be able to piggyback off it and something new will take its place.

We just need to know what?

Ghost Rider is getting a Netflix show. We'll never see him in a movie again

REBOOT

why was that man of steel thread deleted

>make thread about spamming pics and copypastas
>make it yet again and complaining about it getting deleted
>surprised it gets deleted

Comedies about prejudiced whiteys and their Muslim neighbours.

But who will portray Norman Osborn?

Stannis the Mannis

Imagine how amazing it would be

I don't see that having a connected universe, people loved shared universes now.

Hopefully they make him a Londoner as he's supposed to be.

>Stannis the Mannis
I can't quite see it, but I'm sure he'd give it his all.

I think you're underestimating how much the creative writers of today grew up with comics and the like. Superhero shit won't last forever, but there's always more to milk. Plus, "phoney nerds" have been turned into real nerds.

Fucking Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man were successful films. Film goers having no idea of the relative popularity--or no concern for--of various charters, as far as their comic sales are concerned. The movies turn pyrite into gold.

I hope after Infinity War the studio will kind of loosen their hold on the trend of the movies.

More off-beat things like GotG with even less forced, generic third-acts

Honestly they're gonna go to Secret Wars and/or The Illuminati shit. Those are probably the only two things that could bring as much hype as Infinity Wars, but because we're not hearing about them they'll of course be shitty, unfulfilling cashgrabs and superhero movies will die. There's gonna be a slew of 4-5 superhero movies that come out in a row that are all shit and people will stop watching them all together. Infinity Wars will certainly be great though

They've got so much stuff they can do with Spider-Man, they'll be fine for a long time without needing Secret Wars.

I'm still waiting for a 100 Bullets series. Why not? It's the most filmable of the Vertigo line, and incredibly critically acclaimed. Maybe only next to Sandman, in terms of Vertigo books, and Sandman is the best, but hard as hell to put to celluloid. So just do 100 bullets, although, preferably w/ some money behind it.

Not that low funding stopped Deadpool. We're just going to have to wait for R-rated comic films to prove themselves before we get Transmetropolitan.

>100 Bullets
Unlikely.
>Transmetropolitan
Ahahahha, not happening.

Don't know, man. There's a Preacher series in the works, and that should be proper over-the-top and completely unfilmable.

>Preacher series
And it's going to blow. And so is the Sandman thing. It's better not to hope for these things to ever be made than to see absolute garbage.

Gary Oldman
Glenn Howerton will be Reed Richards when Marvel gets the rights back.

Nobody is making a Sandman thing.

Last I checked, WB was making it and the director dumped them.

"Glenn Howerton will be Reed Richards" Fuck. That's amazing. Let's make it happen.

Cast Doom.

You may very well be right. Comic nerds have low expectations for old-school stuff like The Hulk, which are easy to surpass, but we grew up w/ Sandman and the Preacher, as adult as they ostensibly are.

Hell, even Deadpool shied away from portraying Blind Al as Wade Wilson's slave, who was kept in check for fear of "the box". Still, though, I think these series can be done some sort of justice, just like the Deadpool movie was entertaining. Despite being both less hardcore than the comics, and containing more language and nudity than Marvel would ever attempt.

>but we grew up w/ Sandman and the Preacher
I grew up on Spider-Man, I didn't start picking that shit up until very recently.

Dude. I'm 32 years old. I remember when my comic shop wouldn't sell me Transmetropolitan, because it was for adults. So when I say "we", I guess I;m just talking to old men like me.

>tfw comic book stores sold Super Taboo doujin but refused to sell it to you as a teenager

The Hulk and Spider-Man are older than the series you're talking about so I don't get your point at all.

Way older, but I don't know that there was even a Hulk comic running when I read comics. The X-Men were the hot shit at the time.

Joaquin Phoenix as Doom.

I feel like in the Infinity Wars movies they're going to kill off a few of the current roster, or make them retire to give way to the new, younger heroes.

Didn't Thor have some vision of half of them dead anyway?

Jon Hamm would work too.

Danny DeVito
No but seriously, Phoenix would be amazing, but it'll never happen.
So Channing TatumI am being absolutely unironic

Hi! I'm here to discuss all the exciting possibilities of the MCU™ since it's the only officially sanctioned cape discussion!

I'm absolutely thrilled to speak in depth about this wonderfully creative franchise brought to us by all the innovative Imagineers™ in the employ of that purveyor of all things bright and good - DISNEY™!

What should we discuss first, Mouseketeers™?

Oh look, a DCuck who's mad his memes and copypasta are not allowed.
Go away.

Oh, not at all, fellow Mouseketeer™! I can't wait to discuss the wonderful profundity that Disney™ manages to instill into each and every Marvel™ Action Figure™!

My favorite is Captain Autism™. I identify with him so much, as I'm sure all you fellow Mouseketeers™ do.

iW 2 ends will Zemo shooting Cap, alternatively Thanos from an helicopter. Thor dies in battle, Tony becomes samuel jackson.

Phases 4-6. More earth centered and spidey lore milking. main villain's Osborn, based on dark reign.
Phases 7-9 way more cosmic, main bad is galactus.The phases will become shorter by this time.

Epilogue as a netflix series: "Marvels", and then Stan Lee dies.

lol. Marvel had kinda killed it w/ their movies, though. While the latest X-Men movies have been good, but not exactly huge blockbusters. Except Deadpool, which is rated R, and given a meager budget for a sequel, despite its success.

I'd love to see all Marvel proprieties revert to Disney, since they make great films, but it won't happen so far as the superhero fad lasts.
So we'll continue to see Marvel without their best-selling mutants.

Which is maybe for the best, since Marvel is establishing a contemporary mythology w/o their best-selling comic characters.

>given a meager budget for a sequel, despite its success.
The people involved with the project didn't want a huge budget.
Fox was willing to give them a bigger budget for the sequel, but they refused.

If marvel got xmen back how would they fit it into their universe
Would they have to reboot it?

Inhumans are coming sooner or later though, and aren't they replacing the X-Men with them in the comics already?
Wonder what will happen with Sub-Mariner.

Nah, they'd just use the Kree as an excuse to start a rapid increase in "enhanced" individuals showing up.

>you will never get a FF4 reboot with the cast of it's always sunny
>No dennis using his stretching powers to get women
>No Mac being the man made of rock antics
>No Charlie using his powers to get into antics
>No Frank being an evil Doom
>No dee being invisible and still being called a bird

>people actually find this show funny
>dude bird lmao

>No Spidey and Johnny adventures

>iW 2 ends will Zemo shooting Cap
>implying
>Thanos has easily dispatched the Avengers with the power of the Infinity Stones
>Steve has been reverted to his pre-serum state thanks to Time Gem fuckery
>Selvig, Strange and Pym working on a machine/McGuffin that could render the Infinity Gauntlet/Stones inert
>Thanos approaches, confronted by a weakened Steve Rogers
>"I can do this all day"
>Thor throws the Mjolnir at Steve, who catches it
>Mjolnir gives Steve the powers of Thor, buffing Steve back to his post-serum state and giving him the classic suit from the comics
>Picks up his shield, starts beating up Thanos to give the machine/McGuffin time
>McGuffin works, Thanos de-powered, Steve shouts "Avengers Assemble", Avengers stand up determined to win
>defeat Thanos
>Steve dies to his injuries

>Phase 4 Wanda standalone
>deals with Wanda losing Vision in Infinity War and losing control of her powers because of grief
>only wants a family
>ends with "More mutants/whatever"
>Avengers 4: House of M
>ends with world reverting back to normal
>Vision and Quicksilver come back
>mutants now exist in the world
Boom.

Falcon and/or Bucky take up Steve's mantel.

would this work as a MCU movie?

>Fox and Marvel will make a deal to keep bringing people in and ensure the survival of both capeshits.
A deal has been done already, we don't know terms and conditions.

Legion and Hellsfire Club are going to be released as TV series and start of a TV universe (Perhaps tied with the movie universe too), until now Fox didn't have rights to release X.Men TV series on their own.

Rumour is they gave FF rights back to Marvel

I hope after infinity war that they will reboot. I mean newer movies will be becoming harder to follow for newcomers when you have 15+ movies to go through to understand everything or to get the full experience.

>While the latest X-Men movies have been good, but not exactly huge blockbusters
You kidding? DoFP made +700M, all other XM movies did around 300M each, and DoFP is the first XM movie that makes more money than a Spiderman movie, that is a HUGE blockbuster.

If we count DoFP and Deadpool, Fox got the same money as Avengers 1 with a similar budget for both movies (200M and 56M)

I hope they won't reboot, it would just hurt the franchise.

Queue the 4th Wave of Comic Movies:

>X-Factor
>Alpha Force
>Planet Hulk
>Old Man Logan
>Kingdom Come
>The Maxx

>>Old Man Logan
That's already being made, the very last Jackman movie.

Nobody wins until MODOK shows up.

youtube.com/watch?v=6vJHev9HOtk

They don't have to reboot.
It just now seems that you need to watch all the movies that came before because the MCU is gearing up for Infinity War, and all the players need to be in the right positions.
After Infinity War, I predict the MCU will open up more and allow for more individual storylines that aren't as tightly connected to everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=dscfeQOMuGw

Save, Space Lord... mother mother

>something to do with symbiotes
>some Crisis adaptation
>Valiant doing either Bloodshot or X-O Manowar as a big budget movie, maybe even Unity if they want to do a team
>Empowered getting an animated adaption of some sort
>either Crossed or Uber getting a movie
>Witchblade finally getting that movie Top Cow have been trying to get off the ground for nearly 20 years

Planet Hulk is being rolled in to ragnarok.
X-Factor is Xmen so Fox owns that.

Kingdom come and Maxx are both DC.
and they could never get Maxx right.

Transmetropolitan movie when?

Not happening.

Ellis is too much of a cranky bastard to let anyone do that

i swear if wesley snipes doesnt play blade

He wants to play Blade and he's been in talks with Marvel to play Blade.
Happening.

save this post:
disney will have bought DC comics, leading to a Marvel /DC comic movie crossover

dillane is too talented for comic book garbage

Like dude has a choice. See: Alan Moore.

But not too talented for even worse GoT?

Moore signed a contract that specifically dicked him over though. By the time Transmetropolitan had started, everyone was aware of how they'd get dicked, and basically went for the full creator rights option, no "if DC still keep it in print then it's still DCs" clause

GoT has its flaws but its still miles ahead of capeshit

No it isn't. You're just saying that because you're a poopy-head.

fair enough. but nobody has the money for a trans met tv show, and a trans met movie would probably be shit. I'm waiting for 100 bullets, but I'm sure whoever does it will fuck it up.

cape-shit vs. fantasy genre fiction. Close call, my boy. I love both, but comics have some sick shit, while Martin's prose is marred by some sick shit. At the end of the day, I can't say one is better than the other, since many comics probably have a better and/or more inspired story. Along w/ some random deaths.

"Something isn't beautiful because it lasts"-Vision Age of Ultron

There were some rumors that after the Infinity Stones thing is over, they'll go for Secret Invasion/Dark Reign in the next phases as the overreaching storyline.

>Ant-Man 3
YES PLEASE

>>Prediction: Avengers: Infinity War will be the peak of the superhero genre.
Bud, the avenger are the bottom of the barrel, marvel studious never made a decent movie, and for as long as they keep pushing iron man in their movies they never will.

Will he open his eyes this time?

>never made a decent movie
It's when you make statements like this that you invalidate any point you possibly could have had.

No, in all his appearances, Blade will have CGI eyes.

Deadpool proved it could be done!

Name one.

>decent
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America The Winter Soldier
Captain America Civil War
The Incredible Hulk
Whoops, I named 7.
Don't bother replying, I already know what your next meme post is going to include.

>Don't bother replying, I already know what your next meme post is going to include.
>Don't bother replying, I already know what your next meme post is going to include.
meme this.

Meme yourself

>Ghost Rider
>Netflix
:(

>Inhumans are coming sooner or later though
Nope. They deleayed it.