Is there a hip hop album from 2001-2016 that even comes close to Madvillainy?

Is there a hip hop album from 2001-2016 that even comes close to Madvillainy?

barter 6

Wtf no.

BLIP!

not as good but its decently close i think
depends on what mood you are in though

Fantastic Damage
MM... Food

Looking ahead, TMS will hold much more influence

Madvillainy is the only 10/10 in hip hop

Absolutely a dope album. I think Freddie's lack of adaptability, flow wise, is why it didn't take Madvillainy's spot.

Madlib's beats on Madvillainy are super weird and the mix of Madlib's weird ass and MF Doom's adaptability with his flow is what gave it a one of a kind sound.

Freddie Gibbs and MF Doom goin toe to toe over a normal Madlib beat, I take Doom.

From what's I've heard FlyLo'a stuff's value is more in the value of the music itself rather than he element of it that makes it hip hop

mm... food

yeah but so is Madlib's. "Eye" off of Madvillainy sounds like a proto-FlyLo beat. FlyLo ran with Madlib's choppy, chaotic style from Madvillainy. I think You're Dead is a descendant of Madvillainy.

Thoughts on his alter ego, Captain Murphy?

>Inb4 Kanye West

Not an album, but Maad City.

Not necessarily better, but:

College Dropout, Late Registration, and MBDTF from Kanye.

GMKC and TPAB from Kendrick.

Deltron 3030

The first Cannibal Ox album

A Piece Of Strange by Cunninlynguists

Maybe TMS and TPTB from Death Grips

Oh and of course A Long Hot Summer by Masta Ace

For me personally I think MTU, OA, Third Side Of Tape, and a couple of the EPs from Lil Ugly Mane might be up there as well

Some people may regard this one as better.

>Freddie Gibbs and MF Doom goin toe to toe over a normal Madlib beat, I take Doom.
100% agree

Me too

Patrician alert.

One year too early.

Oh that's true, eh

This. MM.. Food is so superior it's crazy. They're both great tho

You know it's true.

MF DOOM is one of the most boring rappers I've ever heard
I don't understand how people get so enthusiastic about someone who sounds like he's never been enthusiastic about anything in his entire life

Blazing Arrow, Fantastic Damage, Music from and Inspired by 8 Mile, MM... Food, The College Dropout, Beauty and The Beat, Food & Liquor, Donuts, Below The Heavens, None Shall Pass, probably some more from the early 00's.

It is