Why does Sup Forums hate rick and morty?

why does Sup Forums hate rick and morty?

its literally a god tier show

It's popular and well-received

I don't speak for everyone, but to me personally the show's shtick started to grate on me by the end of the first season and was just plain obnoxious by the time season 2 rolled around.

Dropped the show by like episode three.

Season one was fantastic, really original and surprisingly fresh. Season 2 was good but if season 3 is the same I might call it a day. A lot of "adult cartoons" suffer from this problem, all because place like reddit join the circlejerk

Second season sucked.

>le get shwifty

It got popular.

Because reddit loves it. I know this because I am reddit.

Agreed, but first season has several top tier episodes that genuinly makes me laugh out loud so they clearly have it in them to make good comedy. If only they could muster the effort to do it more often.

Venture Brothers is the only Adult Swim show that's still on that's actually really good. Everything else is mediocre to shit.

I watch this show and kinda like it and I am looking foward to season 3. But lets be honest its not that great. The humor is mediocre the plots seem....cliche and shallow i guess? Most episodes don't feel original. But I do like it, but the praise it gets isn't warranted. "best new animated show on adult swim" maybe, but thats because there hasn't been anything good there in a while.

Season 2 declined in quality

>10 posts
>Ctrl+F
>"reddit"
>4 results

You guys are so predictable. It's very Reddit though.

Everyone here knows that roiland is one of us right?

>not a single bane reference

Nope. He is deffinetly reddit.

Lol rick and morty more like reddit and maymay hahahahahah am i rite? Lolol

It ended in a cliffhager and because every stupid fanboy there wants his fanfic done, the money grabbing jews are going to try to add lore and stupid shit to the show.

made by and for redditors

Yep, I think you hit the nail on the head there. I agree with your asesment of the show.

Reddit literally puts Rick and Morty as the 6th best television show of all time.

>Everyone here knows
Should have rethought your statement right then and there.

You're on a memeboard.

If you can comprehend that Sup Forums or Sup Forums isn't one person, you can clearly grasp that reddit isn't one person.

it is god tier guys, LITERALLY god tier! us Sup Forums goers!

>he watches Reddit & Memey

He is an oldfag who isnt into modern memes.

Not my fault they are buying into the shows popularity. Not roilands fault either. What, is he supposed to make his show shitty so that people don't watch it and it doesn't get popular on reddit?

Reddit doesn't necesarilly means it's bad. It's agood show, don't get me wrong, but my statement here clearly reflects that Rick and Morty is Reddit as fuck.

And? It's still Reddit.

lol

No, but it might as well be given that it's a complete hivemind due to people getting banned for not agreeing with the mods, who are anti-fascist. They're too stupid to see the hypocrisy apparently.

Can you form a coherent thought withouth memes or buzzwords?

It's pretty good. One of the better animated comedies airing.

I'm sorry, my only buzzword was "Reddit" which is also the main word of our discussion. I can't change it in this particular case.

it was cool at the beginning when no one watched it, but then reddit got to it. mainstream garbage now they say,

pretty edgy but i like the goofy take on that edge, and all the science stuff that doesnt make sense

havent seen all of season 2 though or i might think its more mediocre, but i think season 1 was pretty consistently good

It being reddits 6th favorite show or whatever only proves that it's popular on reddit. Well news flash buddy, it's popular everywhere. Look at its imdb rating, metascore, other website ratings. It's literally just popular. The only way you could argue it being reddit would be either the humor or the creators being reddit. The humor isn't reddit but if anything redditors would be trying to imitate the humor because of its popularity.

Be honest, you are a contrarian.

No other site you mentioned puts Rick and Morty as the 6th best TV show ever aside from Reddit. Many paeople ITT also have pointed ot that the people who make this show are redditors and the humour is also very alike to the sentiments of Reddit.

Tell me, does pic related look right to you?

The creators, specifically roiland, weren't redditors in the beginning and prob only are now to show face. I know roiland has a reddit account to do ama's. But roiland brainstormed the show long ago on this very site. That's when doc and mharty came about. The ratings are very high and it's just become hugely Internet popular. Imdb has the highest rated show as game of thrones with a 9.5, rick and morty has a 9.3. I'm sure other sites are very similar but I'm not going to do research for you.

jaded man child makes heartfelt show with real feelings and occasional sarcasm to highlight the frustrations of life in general possibly a reflection of his own life in some way

i love his faggot show
the feelings in it reflect my own inner frustrations which manifest themselves as hatred for humanity and a longing for innocence in terms of something more to be exiting in life like all that "sci-fi bullshit"

It's a good show, but AS has had much better. It got overblown and received backlash. Simple as. Happens to a much of well received cartoons like SU and GF, but Rick and Morty is actually good.

>rick and morty has a 9.3.

Would give it a 7.

Rick and Morty is pretty unique. The first season has many great moments and season 2 has plenty of good ones especially in the first three episodes.

Fact is if you have read any of the comic books you'll see that the character structure and humour isn't the best in the world. What makes it good is the execution by rioland and hammond. This could easily bomb in the third season but just as easily be another mediorcre to great animated show.

The only reason it is so popular is because it provides the niche of moderately sci-fi story and philosophical character development that many millenials crave

All the pretentious parts really get to me for some reason/

Am I a man or a mouse i just dont know anymore

How can you make a mainstream successful show so fucking sad

It's high quality for sure, but it gets old fast.

>IMDB
no, user. you have declined in quality.

It has aliens and alchoholism. A combination of the two favorite things! Great show you fucking glib globs.

from my most recent rewatch imdb is mostly correct

>mean old reddit banned me from posting my entire "holohoax truth" folder in a schindler's list thread
>fcking savages