This kills the poptimist

This kills the poptimist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qp2yvK_huqM
youtube.com/watch?v=6uHzHx6_BnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f969joM_9WA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

has he posted any particularly bad videos lately?
the one where he explains why film and literature and better than music as a whole still haunts my memory

I disagree with him somewhat frequently but I still enjoy his stuff.

I'd agree with literature but not film

worst of 2016 when?

He already did it

nigga was right

I mean no hyperbole when I say Buckley is the single worst YouTuber who regularly talks about music. Even worse than ARTV.

Still better than Needledrop

>ARTV
Who dat?

>judging pop and dance music by the Lyrics( the part that literally no one exept tumblr cares about) rather than the actuall music

Dare you insult BestThony TeethTano?!

The lyrics are literally the only thing pop music ever focuses on you dumb fuck.

you're talking about popular mainstream pop, only the not popular pop is good

Wht do you think he thinks about Grimes?

>poor agruments and overanalyzing of lyrics to inane pop music
RIP the poptimists i guess

>using genres as an excuse for bad lyrics
>not judging songs based on both music and lyrics as a cohesive whole

>current year
>caring about someone's opinion on music

All 6 are shit and you're a fucking idiot. Props for trying though (not really).

If the lyrics aren't important than why are they even there? What's the point of having lyrics if nobody cares about them?

Texture. How the syllables fit the music is more important to pop than what they say.

Buckley would flip his shit if he heard a Cocteau Twins record.

Buckley would flip his shit at literally anything because he is a grade A manchild

link?

The thing that makes Buckley intolerable to me while guys like Fantano are tolerable is that Buckley is so clearly uneducated about music. It's so clear that he knows nothing substantive about the history of popular music or what makes quality music. Fantano, while I disagree with him on occasion, is obviously very educated about music and its history. Guaranteed that Buckley wouldn't be able to name his favourite krautrock album, or be able to analyze the way Beefheart destroyed rock music conventions, or any of that shit while Fantano definitely could.

Buckley is basically the ultimate poster boy for Reddit-tier, "le wrong generation why does all modern music suck" music taste. He should just stick to his Queen and not pretend he has anything of value to say about the state of modern music.

> that Buckley is so clearly uneducated about music

Which is so ironic, because the guy works in the radio business.

I also need the link, asap.

Does anyone know good channels with quality video's that talk about music and have reviews with intelligent argumentation? Like The Nerd Writer or theneedledrop? I'm not looking for those channels that have video's of a fat bearded guy doing a reaction video while listening to some new Drake release.

album/artist/genre?

just look at him, why would people take his opinion on music seriously when he looks like the definition of a dadrock?

>makes the same video every year with the same complaints about pop music while never actually saying anything about the music
I fucking hate youtubers

>>not judging songs based on both music and lyrics as a cohesive whole
except this fuckley guy only criticizes lyrics.

Wow man, his haircut is unappealing to you. Guess that makes everything he says invalid. Man, you sure have some great argumentation going on there. Watch out we got fucking Plato up in this bitch.

Why the fuck are you autists taking this guy seriously? You do realize that his worst songs of the year list or musical autopsy's are just supposed to be a joke right? This guy is just some dude that picks on mainstream pop music for the amusement of his audience as opposed to being a more "serious" critic like Anthony Fantano. Christ people. Stop being such sissy's.

im so glad i dont know what any of this inane bullshit is about

>gives a genuine opinion on pop music
>shits on a genre so blatantly
>"i-it's just a joke, man"

>the one where he explains why film and literature and better than music as a whole still haunts my memory
lol what the fuck
music is the most important artform in human history

I can't even see his haircut in that screencap.

youtu.be/qp2yvK_huqM

>You do realize that his worst songs of the year list or musical autopsy's are just supposed to be a joke right?
ah yes, the cinemasins defense
protip: it's not a joke or satire or anything if someone is stating their actual sincere opinions, they're just calling it comedy to deflect criticism of their shitty content

Isn't that him playing the Jason character anyway?

youtube.com/watch?v=6uHzHx6_BnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f969joM_9WA

how are we supposed to know we don't watch this maple leaf fedora for anything other than cringe

t. Jeff Buckley

Wrong Buckley you fool

This guy gets it. Buckley is a great guy and judging me for my hairstyle is immature.

Nah you're right. As long as you don't have a Hitler Youth cut and a trendy button up shirt with skinny fit black or orange jeans, your opinion isn't worth shit. Sorry for being so fucking stupid. At last I truly see.

hey unty how was your trip

IT FUCKING STRIKES AGAIN

how were YOUR trips?

What is it with Buckleys?

Holy shit

jesus fucking christ dude

>how was your trip
>gets trip
can you say pottery?????

counterpoint

So what do you guys think of the songs he puts on the lists? Do you like them or do you hate them and dislike his reasoning for hating them?

(I'm sure there's a third option but it's escaping me at this moment).

He never said any of them were good

Even if he wasn't a whiny fucker he's still trying to dissect the deeper meaning of pop lyrics like they're not just fodder to compliment an annoying hook

>following "youtubers"
>respecting this fedora-tier canadian fuck's opinion on anything
what are you, 14?

not defending buckley but
>thinking you're superior for hating popular things

Literally the Maddox of music.

>implying
I don't hate it because it's popular, I hate it because Buckley is a cynical annoying faggot who isn't at all fun to listen to.

Did he defend cuckoldry yet?

ehhhh I'd probably say literature, but music is a very close second.

Is this guys channel just one big troll? No one can by this much of a pompous asshole, while knowing absolutely nothing, and having literally nothing to contribute to the public dialogue?

>>using genres as an excuse for bad lyrics
>not judging songs solely on their own terms

to guide the vocal melody and to make the song more memorable
for pop that's the case: as long as the lyrics are memorable they're "good"

what makes literature better/more important than music? I here people say this constantly.

this lil nigga who puts twenty one pilots as his aoty and shit. the thing is he acts like he actually knows his shit

>I here people say this constantly.
>here
maybe you don't get it because you're illiterate

BTFO

Nothing. People say that because in school you read books instead of listening to music (which is kinda obvious). This subconsciously links books with knowledge.

nice samefag

>the one where he explains why film and literature and better than music as a whole
This can't be real.
I always had a little respect for Buckley, but ranking art forms? Seriously?

I meant following youtubers

try again retard

>posting him talking about common knowledge dogshit
This doesn't prove that he isn't uninformed

>hey look I can use MS Paint!

samefag

he honestly sounds more pleb than the people actually enjoying this music

>random sounds are just annoying
>30 seconds of repetition is unbearable
>pop songs should be lyrical masterpieces
>every sound the singer makes NEEDS to be sung clearly and not be gibberish EVER

Yea. This guy needs to listen to more music if he thinks those aspects in pop songs make them qualify for worst of the year. He seems like a guy who would have 0 appreciation for ambient or noise or post rock or progressive music in general or /weird frontier/ type shit. I mean they're fucking pop songs. WTF do you expect. At least theres some change happening in popular pop.

hes not wrong you know. 2015 fucking sucked and blurryface was (sadly) one of the better records of that year. Still not great though

Do tell, what were your favorites of 2015?

sorry cant remember anything except that and art angels. Kendrick lamar was overrated and everything else was forgettable

Explain why he's wrong. Pop music is cancer why would you listen to top 40 when they're is infinitively better music being made

>lewronggeneration

>Defending top 40
le contrarian Sup Forums user

lol what

totally got me there baka

>Garden of Delete was forgettable

lmao have fun with your 21p you fucking pleb

it was alright, but the majority of the album was filler. Got anymore albums i can disprove?

hey look, its the classic Sup Forums hollier-than-thou attitude. HI!

>disprove

You can't just claim a lot of it was filler and act like you said anything of significance kek.

Watch this

Blurryface had a majority of filler.

Wow! did I just disprove it? Am I doing this right?

no, but im objectivey right cuz i am a reviewer on RYM, so whatever i say is correct. Do you write long, drawn out reviews? didnt think so :)

shhh daniel lopatin its ok, even if your album sucked will still all appreciated replica

that's fucking hilarious coming from someone who listens to exclusively pop music

no but he devoted an entire slot on his worst list this year to blindly bitching about tumblr and sjews cause i guess he needed the extra views

Nice b8

>will still all appreciated replica

Holy kek did you have a stroke in the middle of writing this

hahaha most feminists hate that meghann trainor song. How can one man be so uneducated????

yea i get random strokes al the time

not defending him but he only takes songs that have appeared in the top 100

but that's even worse than what he has listened to in the year

>he fell for the uninformed meme
>he is partician
>he bothered to care

would you have not responded to my post if I used a different word?