Sup Forums's opinion on modern art

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most of it misses the point completely, but my idea of the point changes so frequently that at some point all modern art will have hit the point directly. Ya feel?

it's fine

the art market and the bubble and world and all the pretentiousness can make modern art look really stupid, and most of it is. but artists who exist outside of that are cool.

i'm waiting for someone to blow up the met or the louvre. art needs that 2 happen (it aint me)

There isn't any. Well , there's nutters working alone, but what goes on at biennials and freeze , there's nothing. meaningless, empty, tokens to stack money behind.

I tried. . . .
total indifference, shut me down, ideas robbed no credit, I could have launched 20 new people c o o p e r a t "ruin it yer ...
gone.

art critics? adverts for money.
welcome to siberia

I love harsh noise

I like it. I actually find it way more interesting than classic art.

What music sounds like a Pollock painting?

same

cecil taylor

I'd say completely improvised jazz. But not violent, like Brotzmann.

MOOHDEHN AAHT IS A CUHCLEJUUK OFF PHUTENSHOUS TWAHTS

youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI

Your attempt to present his speech is priceless (how is this called in english?).
Like, totally on point.

He is such a fucking idiot.

I don't hate it but I can respect it. Pollock paintings (and similar) are meh online but breathtaking in person. I assume it's the same sort of thing for other postmodern paintings that look like dogshit.
I prefer paintings more towards the beginning of the 20th century over those towards the end of it.

it's pretty underwhelming in itself, but it was a valid marketing gimmick in the economical context of the early-mid XXth century.

Well, sometimes, but oftentimes dogshit is dogshit. Especially "socially engaged" art that lives off itself.
I mean, what's the point of having a rebellious and vulgar art show on the topic of feminism which will be attended only by people who are well aware of the problems faced by women and then those attendees stand there all fancy and mighty and look at digital vaginas and blood and drink wine and the art has nothing else to offer other than social commentary done in the exact same way as countless other art shows.

lol

Formally-compelling non-objective art is often fantastic. What I hate is garbage art with heavy-handed, trite social messages

>THIS

The Stone Roses

Friendly reminder that contemporary art isn't modern art, but actually post-modern.

Heh

modern != modernist

modern art was goat before it went meta. anything that requires explanation, engineered context, a relativist perspective, or a socio-political message to hold itself up is absolute garbage.

Art went meta before modern art, by the time it rolled around meta was common practice.