What fucking right does Walmart have to stop me to check my bags for items I just paid for?

What fucking right does Walmart have to stop me to check my bags for items I just paid for?

Other urls found in this thread:

ktla.com/2016/07/30/3-walmart-workers-face-manslaughter-charge-in-death-of-shoplifting-suspect/
app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=4.24.220
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dude why u shopping at walmart.

It's private property. If you choose to go inside, you chose to give them that right.

It's talk like that tells us you're a shoplifter.

Wrong. They are not police. And if they were, search and seizure laws would apply.

Thanks for playing.

I hate that shit too..
I always stuff reciept in bag and make them dig it out
And just stare at them

You look suspicious. I never get checked.

You are an absolute tard.

Bad bait

No its private property, they're allowed to check if you stole shit. Don't like it? Then don't shop there you fucking child.

In the state of VA, they are not legally able to stop you after you have paid.

retail worker here, i only check niggers for stealing even though the majority of shoplifers are white women coal burners.

you are
1. wrong
2. a dickwad

Sounds like someone is pissy because school is about to start up again.

Are you black, cause they only stop black people from leaving the store without getting bag checked.

ITT: newfags

this is copypasta

No one makes you shop there, by going in there you understand that you'd be subjected to a search of your bags after checkout. Like are you that much of a missing chromosome fuck that you can't understand you agreed to be searched by entering.

And you are absolutely ignorant.

ktla.com/2016/07/30/3-walmart-workers-face-manslaughter-charge-in-death-of-shoplifting-suspect/

they have no right to restrict your movement; they aren't law enforcement. If you made a purchase, you legally own that merchandise and they are violating your civil rights by stopping you and requiring you to show proof. To the moron with the "private property" logic, I guess that means they can strip search you to? Maybe force you to give then oral? Fucktard.

They don't even have door greeters anymore numbless. Many also axed their security tards that used to chase you round the parking lot. Cheaper to lose a few tvs than employ people.

Just do what I do.
I simply say "no thank you" and walk right past them.

If you have to exaggerate your argument to ridiculous limits then you don't really have an argument

The same reason security can search you for guns and drugs on the way into a club or a festival. Get over it and if you're trying to nig just nig better.

Ive walked out with shit before. Its easy.

>hurr private property
That doesn't mean a fucking thing you dumb cunts, they are not police they have no rights to detain or search you, in the same way that they can't stab you just because you're in 'their' store.

Any store security talks shit, you walk past them. They put their hands on you, you get yourself a nice multi-thousand dollar settlement to not press charges and sue.

Walmart does this alot, I've seen 7 of them gang up on 1 lady they suspected of theft. Another time they came out and wrote down some1s licence plate and where on the phone with the police.

Local and state law enforcement authorities allow certain elements of interpretation to exist in order to facilitate activities and enable events to occur including concerts and shopping which in turn drives the economy and helps fund municipalities which in turn provide access to public and private venues to accommodate the attendance requirements that are necessary to generate revenues to cover these costs.
You assholes.

Most states have laws that allow retailers to detain you and question you with reasonable suspicion. Apparently everyone is suspicious at Walmart. Don't like it? Call your state legislature.

How about you point to the law that says they can search your stuff because you're on private property then.

Genius

Probably because you live in a bad area with high crime. It happens whenever I go to any Wal-Mart on a bad side of town, but when I go to a Wal-Mart on a good side of town, I'm never bothered. I can even walk in the good Wal-Marts with a backpack, and no one bothers me.

Okay tough goy.

>Picture related: A photo of what I imagine you look like

it is private property, and you can always refuse... and they can refuse to let you leave until authorities arrive if they so choose

Civil rights don't apply to private entities. Only government.

They can refuse to let you leave, but if they detain you or stop you that's kidnapping and also illegal.

You are within your rights to defend yourself

They are allowed to search,and stop but while on their property but if you simply walk out the doors they cannot do anything.

app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=4.24.220

Or just don't fucking shop at walmart. the easiest and most logical solution is to not give them your business. There are plenty of other places for white trash bottom feeders to shop anyways.

kek someone got caught shoplifting, to bad kid
get good or stop stealing
also hes not wrong, all walmart stores are private property you are agreeing to obey their rules while shopping there
dont like it? open your own international store brand

And yes this is for Washington state but most states have similar laws.

Don't bother with the illegal search OP.

Just tell them that your conversation could be recorded for "quality and training purposes."

Keep right on walking.

Certain elements create a cone affect that envelopes a situation on a regular basis and represent an example of these situations that build a hierarchy of examples which help to fine tune guidelines that can be applied to every situation.

None.

Keep walking. They touch you and they have assaulted you and caused X injury to you as your crooked lawyer sues them.

In germany you would have to allow them to check your bags for stolen items. It is not like some random shop employee would have the right to do that just for fun. (Which would happen if they were allowed)

If you refuse the checking it would just result in them calling the police and you beeing forced to stay until they arrived and them checking your stuff anyways.

Only if they make you sign an agreement. If they touch you for no reason you can sue them for assault.

sure, go do that and see what happens
they can detain you, they have loss prevention which are legally allowed to detain you for security reasons
you just have to be a suburban wigger who got caught lifting dvds or something

This

If you don't want to get stopped by some uppity minimum wage monkey. Then don't shop where they employ uppity minimum wag monkey.

They are permitted by case law to require bag checks and to show proof of purchase.

I had a walmart greeter grab my shoulder. Without saying a word other than "RECEIPT", AFTER he grabbed me. I filed a police right then and there. They were served with a court summons for a lawsuit and settled for 10 grand.

They are permitted to detain you for a receipt, but not touch you.

Because your a nigger

I interpret that to mean that if they do manage to stop you, they are not liable. That's different from saying that they have the authority to stop you. You can just ignore their requests and leave.

Silly Americans, thinking you have rights. Only corporations have rights, stop standing in the way of economic prosperity OP you fucking commie faggot

So as an employee of the Walmart corporatiin, Walmart employees are not allowed to search you for a receipt. They can request it at the door but you don't have to show them anything and just continue on your way. Sam's Club however retained the right to check your receipt at the exit door. It's part of the agreement you make when you become a member.

Honestly it's just a quick mechanism to keep honest people honest the degenerates are still going to steal regardless.

>I had a walmart greeter grab my shoulder. Without saying a word other than "RECEIPT", AFTER he grabbed me. I filed a police right then and there. They were served with a court summons for a lawsuit and settled for 10 grand.
calling bullshit
they have a team of lawyers a mile wide, and get served with a lawsuit every 30 minutes or so
they wouldnt settle, they would just wrap you up in legal fees until yo ucouldnt afford to sue anymore
thats how they do it

Dude, they wanna make sure you aren't stealing anything, and why WOULD you care if they've already seen them? I can understand getting stopped by the handicapped greeter guy, but shit.

Ask "am I being detained?"
They'll say no and let you go.

If Walmart tries to stop you at the door you can sue them for false imprisonment.

Know your rights folks.

Its easier to settle than to fight it. Their own training manuals say to never touch a customer and to never forcibly detain them. Every retail joint does because thats is assault.

A cone? What?

> current year
> not shopping at Whole Foods and botiques for all your needs
Fbpb

>your

Here's the thing. You are right and you are wrong. They can hold and search you, but if they are wrong you are free to sue them for holding against your will, harrassment, unlawful search and seizure, etc...

But do you really think they would risk stopping you unless they knew without a doubt you stole something AND they had proof of it.

The door guy is just to keep honest people honest. If you refused to let him see I doubt he or anyone else would stop you. That guy isnt the one to be afraid of. It's when you go to leave and you notice 3 other workers around you, plus 2 more standing by the exit guy....
Now they know you did something and have proof of it.

you must be black

1) They don't, they're accusing you of theft
2) If they try and block you from leaving, that's illegal as well
3) People will tell you to just go somewhere else, but that is beta bitch woman thinking. You paid for your things, just walk out. I've literally never had an alarm go off on me because I don't steal and never will. Until they have an actual reason to hold you, you're their captive (not my term, it's what the law refers to it as)

>But do you really think they would risk stopping you unless they knew without a doubt you stole something AND they had proof of it.
I'm not black and I got stopped twice in one week. It seems they took away the receipt gestapo though because I haven't even seen someone by the door let alone pretending they know what you bought, the prices, and can see through all your bags.

ITT: Kids who don't know the law argue back and forth about who is right and who is wrong. This idea that simply spouting babble means you suddenly know how the law works is foolish. Hardly any links posted to backup any claims, just a bunch of armchair layers here.

You stay cool now kids.

You see, when applying differential components of this topic upon the initial argument, you get further away from the main point.

Can't tell if really stupid or bait...

Accurate.

Boy you sure showed the minimum wage employee who's manager told them to check bags. I'm sure he will run it up the ladder and they will revoke that policy. Thank you for your service, citizen.

This thread is proof Sup Forums is chalk full of autistic idiots. No shit they have the right to stop you

As I said before, they only check you if you life in a poor/high crime area.

Then why are the Christian bakeries being sued by faggots?

>What fucking right does Walmart have to stop me to check my bags for items I just paid for?

You're standing on their property? They have every right to check your receipt to make sure all of the items you have ARE paid for.

In every situation related to this topic one must keep in mind the elements of security and business related shrinkage.
No one municipality or legal authority can establish legal guidelines that will influence or maintain a legal hold on other locations.

Walmart isn't a police force, their stores are private property. If you step foot into my house I can search you all I want. If you dislike it fucking don't go there.

live**

Me too, good luck stopping me.

>be at walmart
>looking through shit for our new apartment with gf
>buy new trashcan
>get to checkout line
>have a ton of food
>the bottom falls out of the sky
>have great idea
>stick food in the small trashcan with the lid on so the rain doesnt soak the grocerys
>rain is so bad it knocks out the power in the store
>use back up power to get the remaining customers through the lines
>pay for my items
>get out to car
>realize I just made off with like $60 worth of food
>shit was cash

The niggers that work here in my Walmart could give a fuck less honestly.

you ARE a fag

Because people like using government to trample our right to freely associate

Tell them to fuck off and keep walking. Worst that could happen is they ban you, but that would probably be a good thing for you user

>What fucking right does walmart have to stop me to check that I paid for items I didn't pay for?

I mean, I put items off the rack into bags, they shouldn't be allowed to stop me!

*couldn't give

as a lawyer - they have no right to DEMAND to check your bags. what they do is request to do so. if they go further and prevent you from leaving until you show a receipt then they have falsely imprisoned you and can be sued for this. generally asking for manager of store and telling him that this dumb fuck security guy is asking for your receipt will get you out in 15 seconds.

That statement is so wrong, you must be a troll or retarded. It's actually the opposite, private entities are forced to honor civil rights by government, civil contracts don't override law. Idiot.

I just say 'no, im alright. Thanks' and keep walking past them. Ive never stolen anything and they've never argued or chased me.

because it's still on the walmart property

no sam's club/costco etc do NOT have the RIGHT to search you when you leave. they do however have the right to cancel your memebership and refuse you entry the next time you come to shop.

/paralegal

>as a lawyer

Umm, again, what?

It's private property so they have a right to impose their own rules so long as they don't infringe your individual liberties. Yes, being detained for more than is reasonable is a violation of your rights but asking to see your receipt, a detention that takes a few seconds, is far from rising to the level of an illegal detention.
Plus, OP, you probably look like a dumb kid that's stealing shit so yeah they have a right to check your receipt.

why are you such a fucking whiny little bitch? You want the stuff but you don't want to pay the price? go fuck yourself you faggy twat.

>Christmas 2015
>leaving best buy
>door monkey asks for receipt
>"no thanks"
>"sir I need to see your receipt"
>"no you don't"
>guy doesn't know what to do, just keeps repeating he needs to see it
>take receipt out of bag
>stuff it in my mouth
>door mon standing there with a "the fuck just happened" look on his face
>smile, wave, and walk out the door while chewing on receipt

I may have made an ass out of myself, but I showed that faggot

>Walmart can stop you, but you have to comply
>You can just say no and walk out
>If Walmart have reasonable grounds to stop you (i.e a guard actually saw you concealing items) and you've left the store, they can physically stop you

Walmart rely on customer cooperation, but it's not a legal requirement to stop.

Yes I like dudes

What does that have to do with showing them your receipt?

>world is on fire
>barbarians at the gate

kek. probably from california

it's copypasta you fucking retard

Fucking moron here thinks no conversation is legitimate without footnotes. I'm sure you're fun at parties, idiot. That's not how casual conversations work outside of your massive autism.

Luuuccckkkyyy

I'm a technical law fag like you and always hope something simple like that would happen for an easy settlement check.

Problem is I'm not a nigger who goes to WalMart. I went once, at like 3 AM, to a 24 hour WalMart. It was amazing because it was me and like 3 other late night people in the whole store. God, that place is awful during the day though

are you black