I drink and drive everyday...

I drink and drive everyday, I never get violent or retarded when I get actually drunk but I know I'm an alcoholic and I'm terrified that one day I'm gonna have to address this. Has anyone ever quiet drinking cold turkey before? Drink like 7+ beers a night. Pic just cause.

People throw the term " alcoholic " around very lightly these days.

Have you ever seem a real alcoholic?

I was a bad drinker, iv been to the otherside.

>7+ beers a night

so you drink one more beer than a six pack?

try 24 beers a night, with half a litter of vodka just to get to sleep.

Then wake up shaking and delirious because your nervous systems on the fritz from depending on alcohol to be calm.

Then enjoy never having an appetite and squirting yellow alcohol water shits 6 times a day.

Then fall asleep in the afternoon, then repeat these steps, all day and all night.

The drinking then becomes a chore, a worry, where will i get my next drink? will I have enough to last me till the morning before i drive to get more?

there is a big difference between having a few drinks a day and being an alcoholic.

Quitting cold turkey is fucking horrible, but tbh 7 beers a night isn't that bad. I came off a minimum fifth a day habit cold turkey and it was one of the worst experiences of my life, especially considering I had to detox in jail. Shaking, sweating, nausea, vertigo, delirium tremens, feeling like there's bugs crawling all over you, and massive anxiety. It's a bitch to kick, but you're nowhere near the level where withdrawal would be seriously dangerous. Also, after like a month off the sauce your tolerance goes waaaay down and you can actually get drunk on the amount you used to instead of drinking enough to kill an average person just to feel it.

Quitting alcohol cold turkey sucks dick, and can kill you (though it prolly won't if you're only drinking 7 beers a night) so your best shot is to wane off.

Here's a few of my recommendations:

>Instead of drinking a beer, instead, suck your own dick

>only open beers with your asshole, it'll take long enough to open that you'll give up

>start hanging out with roody-poos, they only drink malt liquor and that shit is disgusting. Easiest way to quit.

>an hero

Seconded

This guy knows what's up. Shit's not really bad until you're drunk literally 24/7 and life is nothing more than drinking til you pass out, waking up shaking and feeling like death, and getting drunk til you pass out again. Alcoholics don't drink every night, they drink all day every day because when you don't drink you're incapable of functioning for shit and the withdrawal makes opiate detox feel like pussy shit.

It truly is terrible.

Its feels just like your are stuck in a dark hole all alone.

You crawl to the light, but as you get closer your arms get tired, you take another drink and fall back into the hole.

Yea its easier than climbing, but its still a lonely hole.

Ok so me drinking about 4 beers a day isnt that bad.. I can go a few days with out drinking but I start to want it after that...

7 beers a night.
I was doing that until a few months ago.
Beer is so cheap here in uk.
Quit cold turkey.
Made changes to my diet aswell. Started looking after myself.
So the quitting was part of a deal with myself.
No regrets so far.
Def feeling benefit.

Did you feel and withdrawl?? Or was it normal? Im like at 4-5 beers a night..

I'm so glad I like beer but not as much as to drink it often. Hope everything turns right for you guys.

Well I feel better that I'm not actually all that bad but I've still gotta kill the habit before it becomes something so serious as a few of you have explained.

I feel the same way, its not as bad as it could be.. Im terrified that it will get to that point one day. I do t want it to ruin ny relationship with my wife and my daughter. She's young now (4 years old) but i dont want it to fuck with her mind

You are drinking beer, you are fine. If you were killing a fifth a night of hard alcohol, that would be a different story

Life fucking sucks the older you get

And the older you get the more you will drink.

Im almost 30, and where as In my youth I used to think 8 beers was " TOTALLY FUCKING KILLER BRUUUHH "

Now, im coming home from work, drop my tool back and pour a lowball of cold vodka and down it all in one go, a low ball glass is easily 8 ounces.

Then I smoke some weed, and drink a few more glasses until i get all warm and snugly and fall asleep.

The rules are simple.
1. dont drink enough to get a hangover each morning.
2. If you are hungover, never take " the hair of the dog " drink in the morning

Sure the hair of the dog is a jokey fun way of curing a hangover with your buds,

Buts thats excatly how alcoholism starts.

First you drink some more to stave of the hangover, but then you keep doing to stave off the hangovers.....its a slippery slippery slope friends..beware.

Sounds like you need to get real man.
>hiding behind chemicals
What kind of pussy cant face life sober?

So are you saying you chug a pint in one go?

I suppose I knew my biggest problem was boredom.
I make sure I always have a project to work on or play around with.
Am learning to program Android apps at the minute.
Keeps me focussed on something.
The healthy eating eating takes some thinking about too. Needs prep.

a pint is 16 ounces friend.

Its not a matter of cant friend,

Its a matter of " will i ? "

Could I ? sure

But do I like to come home and have a few drinks, yes.

How do you deal with stress at the end of your day?

Play video games, or watch youtube. Or go straight to bed

Ok, for some reason i thought it was 8. So half a pint... It takes me 3 cgugs to take a half pint down.. Fuck i need to slow down..

So you are 16 then?

27 bud.
Life sucks, but so does fucking up your body for temporary relief.